Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

14 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Sweepstake on when he will get an extension to his contract.

I’m saying January. 

3 year deal announced after our first 5 nil loss or 7 game losing streak? Better yet don't offer it till end of season so not knowing who the manager will be next can be used as an excuse not to invest in January window. 

Edited by nufcjmc

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This season is the last of his contract. If it gets extended :lol: :anguish:

IF :yao: 8 year contract is probs being draw up as we speak

Edited by duo

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

He gets sacked and Tim Sherwood, Mark Hughes, would we think about Paul Lambert etc? They'd be straight in, what an uninspiring club we are

Steve Watson on the cards for me. Charnley's contacts don't extend beyond the outskirts of Newcastle. If its Ashley/Bishop it'll be one of those three but not sure they can be bothered with the vaguest pretence that they're trying now.

Uninspiring - want Ashley to pull the plug now before it starts costing him money and ruins any more of our lives.

6 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

He gets sacked and Tim Sherwood, Mark Hughes, would we think about Paul Lambert etc? They'd be straight in, what an uninspiring club we are

It'd likely be Graeme Jones, mainly because he'd probably be cheaper.  I'd prefer him to any of those three stooges anyway.

If Jones and Bruce genuinely care about this club they need to demand a half decent but realistic transfer kitty.

we got sky money last year.

if ashley cant pledge around £30m, they both need to tell him that they cant do their jobs and resign.

Bruce doesnt need the hastle or the money.

Jones will walk into another job with his decent reputation.

they need to force his hand.

still, whats the point anyway...

1 hour ago, jonbobson said:

Thanks for the clarification, I was unsure why the club has been so shit these last 14 years.

I can see clearly now.

Someone’s quite the grumpy goblin tonight :lol: 

58 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Do people want us to do alright this season, or for it to all crash and burn now?

Right now i'm so disinterested, that i don't really care either way.

I don't really give a toss either way. I'd probably be wanting us to lose if the takeover had been called off 100%, but as long as there is even a glimmer of hope I'll want us to stay up. 

Other than that this season will just be a waste of time, and probably quite embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Do people want us to do alright this season, or for it to all crash and burn now?

Right now i'm so disinterested, that i don't really care either way.

I just don't care either way now. Don't think this takeover is gonna happen anyway

Most unenthusiastic for a season starting as I've ever been. Personally can't bring myself to want us to lose though. Yet another season sitting on my arse, at home or uni, watching matches when I’m around in passing. Getting a modicum of excitement if we score or look good and not really caring when it’s bad. Just apathy.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

The West Ham game is going to be so grim, full house or close to it for yet another season of trying not to compete. :anguish:

No true fan will be going anymore, i don't care if that pisses anyone off either, it got beyond a joke a long time ago.

The takeover as we were thinking is now gone I fear, but there will be one in the future sometime, and from somewhere else. Until that time, there really is no hope for our club to show any ambition. With these fools in charge, we will again be at the basement end of the division. What is required is now something cathartic to cut out the cancers and rotten flesh. At present, only relegation will precipitate this. I, like most want a club to be proud of, and believe in, the current shell is not that, and can never be unfortunately. 

The only solution is for change, as a fan base there are many who are too proud to protest, so we will almost always have divided causes. We all know the current shambles is unsustainable, so a sudden collapse is the only solution that will force the issue - fans even more disgruntled, but a drop in the value of the club will quickly cause an exit from the owner due to his weaknesses in his other investments. 

The sooner this occurs, the sooner we can all again reinvest in our club.