Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Robster said:

"In the market we’re looking at - loan market in particular - we’re going to have to let the big, big clubs go to work.”

May be just me but I have no clue what that means.

It means we are only interested in signing players which these "big" have no use for rather than investing the time and money identifying players who are on the up ourselves. 

5 minutes ago, Robster said:

"In the market we’re looking at - loan market in particular - we’re going to have to let the big, big clubs go to work.”

May be just me but I have no clue what that means.

Need them to make their real signings so little old Newcastle can get some of their cast offs on loan.

3 minutes ago, TBG said:

Comes out with shit like that on the same day Man Utd spunk £73m on Sancho. Even more frustrating is the journalist doesn't pull him up on it.

The day after Brentford sign his own first choice for a new centre back for a club record fee too. 

I hate Bruce, seriously hate him, hate him more than most. However his quotes tonight are honest are they not? He’s stating the obvious, he has no power to change anything, I’m guessing he’d like us to be splashing tens of millions, I’m all for jumping all over everything he says but come on. The big, big club comment, we all know what he means, the guy can barely string a sentence together but he’s not insinuating we’re a small club whether he actually believes it is or not.

Edited by MickMack

9 minutes ago, MickMack said:

I hate Bruce, seriously hate him, hate him more than most. However his quotes tonight are honest are they not? He’s stating the obvious, he has no power to change anything, I’m guessing he’d like us to be splashing tens of millions, I’m all for jumping all over everything he says but come on. The big, big club comment, we all know what he means, the guy can barely string a sentence together but he’s not insinuating we’re a small club whether he actually believes it is or not.

You really think we have no money?

How about he starts fighting against his bosses for the benefit of the team and the club rather than just roll over and accept the bollocks that Charnley tells him?

Finished 12th and a whopping 17 points clear of relegation. Why would you need to invest when there's such a comfortable buffer zone? Only a complete and utter fuckw.......oh...

16 minutes ago, Robster said:

You really think we have no money?

How about he starts fighting against his bosses for the benefit of the team and the club rather than just roll over and accept the bollocks that Charnley tells him?

That’s not what I’m saying, my point is every interview all we do is spend hours crying about what he’s said. He’s not going to change, the situation isn’t going to change, hes just a coach, a terrible one but why expect anything else?

Just now, MickMack said:

That’s not what I’m saying, my point is every interview all we do is spend hours crying about what he’s said. He’s not going to change, the situation isn’t going to change, hes just a coach, a terrible one but why expect anything else?

Because when someone is a prick and talks like a prick human nature generally compells people to get pissed off about it?

7 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Because when someone is a prick and talks like a prick human nature generally compells people to get pissed off about it?

Fair enough but this time all he’s said was the truth, we clearly don’t like it but what else can he say? 
Please don’t confuse this for me sticking up for the c*nt 

It is true that we have a small budget. It is also true that we are very much in the shadows of certain clubs. What's totally unacceptable is the compliance and promotion of these facts by the person in arguably the most influential role at the club. It's that sort of attitude which has at least partially caused those facts to be so, all having started with Pardew. 

If he was a man of principle, genuinely wanted the best for the club and thought the way it’s being ran was unacceptable, he’d walk. Like the man before him, show the world how bad it is - that we openly refuse to compete and that the fans are being held in contempt.

But nah, most importantly he’s happy to take the money knowing he can get away with doing very little while there’s next to no chance of that steady cash flow being snatched away. He can stay where he is and avoid further criticism by hiding behind his “local” and “nice guy” image.

3 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

What like Brentford, Villa, Leeds and every other club in the division, you fucking fat, useless, ugly, bacon mouthed cunt - fuck off and get a bigger baseball cap for your fat head, you utter wanker

Edited by et tu brute

I have never, ever seen someone use tje wors 'difficult' as much as this guy. Every press conference, every intwrviee he does, he has the same script and that word in particular is used for as many questions be it related to transfers or players, or the weather or covid. He even managed to snuck it in when complaining about the club's canteen closing during the pandemic.

Steve Difficult Bruce.