Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Just now, FCB said:

End of next

That's when his contract is up but even if Ashley is still here he has to be gone at the end of this season, too many daft little rumours, also I didn't realise he's barred Craig Hope

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

That's when his contract is up but even if Ashley is still here he has to be gone at the end of this season, too many daft little rumours, also I didn't realise he's barred Craig Hope

Nah, Ashley won't want to change manager whilst he's *actively trying to sell the club

* Righto

58 minutes ago, Ben said:

Aye, barred Hope when he broke the Ritchie story [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Still barred according to Liam Kennedy last night.

Won't be surprised if he is until Bruce leaves.

Edited by FCB

Jesus wept!

Brendan Rodgers talking about Steve Bruce ahead of Friday night, saying: ‘Steve Bruce has done an outstanding job. He’s limited in budget there. The expectation at Newcastle is huge…he’s shown throughout his career that he’s an excellent manager.’

2 minutes ago, Paully said:

Jesus wept!

Brendan Rodgers talking about Steve Bruce ahead of Friday night, saying: ‘Steve Bruce has done an outstanding job. He’s limited in budget there. The expectation at Newcastle is huge…he’s shown throughout his career that he’s an excellent manager.’

Massively wrong on every count. Suppose its in his interest to keep the charade going and prolong our cannon fodder status.

In light of his poor landlordship has Steve Hoose been suggested? Maybe in the archives on account of his shape.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 minutes ago, Paully said:

Jesus wept!

We’re going backwards in every conceivable metric. I wish I could get praise for that sort of performance.

9 minutes ago, Paully said:

Jesus wept!

was drinking coffee when I read this and spit it all over my keyboard

On 04/05/2021 at 18:02, Optimistic Nut said:

Might be an odd view but don’t think selling Ferdinand would have been bad if we’d replaced him properly. He was 30, we got our £6m back, he was starting to get injuries and the goals started to dry up. He had a random good season at the end of his career with Leicester and that was it.

That was the sting in the tail with Dalglish for me. I think most us were resigned to Tino and Ginola not being his cup of tea, though Les would have been a good bet to stay but I could live with the money at the time, giving Dalglish more credit than he deserved to reinvest and replace them.  I forsaw Colin Hendy, Tim Flowers, Brian Laudrup and John Collins coming in, admittedly less attractive but maybe under Dalglish better fits and grew to accept it. Not Tomasson, Andersson, Ketsbaia, Hamilton, Pistone and co.

I have a socially and mentally challenged porter who works for me. When anyone asks me what's wrong with him if he's been acting strange, which is all the time.

I can hardly say he's a full on mentalist. It's a bit like that with Bruce, the other managers can't say ' Old Steve, he's shite' [emoji38]