Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I think if you look at every premiership club over the last 15 years you'll be hard pressed to find another club who have had as bad a list of managers as we've had. 

When if gets to the point of asking "Was Kinnear worse than Carver?" you know you have a problem.

When Pardew is a genuine contender for 3rd best since it all went to shit after Keegan then yeah, that speaks volumes.

25 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I think if you look at every premiership club over the last 15 years you'll be hard pressed to find another club who have had as bad a list of managers as we've had. 

When if gets to the point of asking "Was Kinnear worse than Carver?" you know you have a problem.

Reckon West Brom could be up there.....they've had some real PFM dross served up over a similar time.

Admittedly none of their lot was instantly and universally hated compared to some of the dregs we've unearthed

EDIT...just had a look at their list and barring a few exceptions it's like a Who's Who of PFMs

Edited by gjohnson
update

I have a sneaky feeling he’ll be Stepping down at the end of the season. Payoff already negotiated and accepted. He’ll cite that the job was made untenable by the fans and he needs to protect himself and his family. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

I have a sneaky feeling he’ll be Stepping down at the end of the season. Payoff already negotiated and accepted. He’ll cite that the job was made untenable by the fans and he needs to protect himself and his family. 

I think if that was going to happen he’d do it before fans are allowed back in, so before Sheff Utd.

Guest reefatoon

If he doesn't get stick against Sheff Utd, the arsehole is going to come out all defiant isn't he.

21 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The fans won't do anything against Sheffield. Surely if you hated Ashley and Bruce that much you wouldn't be going. 

Exactly, the 10k at the Sheff U game are the lowest of the low of NUFC fans, clearly couldn't give a fuck what is going on with the club, just want to be back in the ground at all costs.

Edit: i'll discount young kids who are taken by their parents.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

And break the habit of a 20 year career of never backing away from a fight?

He's only leaving if sacked, or gets a better pay offer from somewhere else. 

Won't be sacked as he's fulfilled his bosses expectations almost to the letter

Better offer? Long shot, unless Norwich take a fancy to him, and he wants to go back and repay the club that gave him the opportunity to get in to football. Couldn't see any other Premier League team coming in from him....unless Palace fancy doing us another favour should Woy retire, and let him go back to complete his 'unfinished business'...with the added bonus of giving Simon Jordan a chance to experience 2020's Bruce to compare with earlier

34 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Exactly, the 10k at the Sheff U game are the lowest of the low of NUFC fans, clearly couldn't give a fuck what is going on with the club, just want to be back in the ground at all costs.

Edit: i'll discount young kids who are taken by their parents.

Nufc 360 had a tweet about ballots getting sent out telling fans 'you know what to do' got deleted within hours

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

And break the habit of a 20 year career of never backing away from a fight?

He's only leaving if sacked, or gets a better pay offer from somewhere else. 

Won't be sacked as he's fulfilled his bosses expectations almost to the letter

Better offer? Long shot, unless Norwich take a fancy to him, and he wants to go back and repay the club that gave him the opportunity to get in to football. Couldn't see any other Premier League team coming in from him....unless Palace fancy doing us another favour should Woy retire, and let him go back to complete his 'unfinished business'...with the added bonus of giving Simon Jordan a chance to experience 2020's Bruce to compare with earlier

He’ll not get a better offer but he’d accept half pay for his final year to not have to face the fans next season. 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think if that was going to happen he’d do it before fans are allowed back in, so before Sheff Utd.

1 game is it it? With 10k just happy to be there. Probably win as well. Next season all the shit form and football, all the comments and digs at the fans, he’ll get pesters for all that next season when fans are back in full force. 

Just now, Dokko said:

1 game is it it? With 10k just happy to be there. Probably win as well. Next season all the shit form and football, all the comments and digs at the fans, he’ll get pesters for all that next season when fans are back in full force. 

See, I’m not too sure. I think being behind closed doors has lead the normal match goer to actually see how shit we actually are without hiding behind the ‘it’s a day out’ and ‘I’m not giving up the football for no-one’ excuses.

Once they’re back, it’ll be as it was I reckon.

I can't separate Pardew and Bruce. Both awful for pretty much the same reasons, but each with their own unique quirks. Both horrible fucks who only cared about themselves, loved a good fan-slagging, loved driving down expectations, praising Ashley, making excuses, horrendous tacticians. Both pathological liars. Bruce has the Geordie stuff, Pardew had 'we was / fret / the King." Bruce has the accent, Pardew had "fucking old cunt." Bruce has throwing Ritchie under the bus before elbowing him on the training ground, Pardew had headbutting opposition players. 

They're just one and the same but, as I've always maintained, there wouldn't be Bruce if there hadn't been Pardew. Bruce is part of the Pardew legacy that was only briefly interrupted by Benitez the outlier. Pardew showed to Ashley that it wasn't worth competing, and we've never recovered from that. 2012/13 destroyed us as a sporting entity. 

I honestly dont think I pure hated Pardew as much as I do Bruce. Pardew was/is an utter fucking cunt, dont get me wrong. His bleakness, his awful confidence, his slimeyness, his cluelessness, but this guy is next fucking level. Such an entitled victim. Ive never known someone call foul so much because theyre as shit as they are. Is he that oblivious or is he just the absolute fucking worst liar and human being?

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Everytime this comes up I can’t help but feel there’s a lot of recency bias. Pardew was so smarmy it was unreal. He also loved to drive down expectations and attack fans his staff would do this physically if memory serves correctly, to none other than our very own neesy. He protected Mike, at a crucial time. And is partly to blame as to why our fans turned in to a bunch of cucks.

Bruce’s excuses make far more sense, and are much more laudible. Not saying they’re right but they’re somewhat within the realms of normalcy for pfm’s. Bruce has protected the likes of Elliott Anderson, probably too much. Pardew threw a 17 year old Adam Armstrong under the bus. When Pardew had the chance to sign players he brought in Colback and Obertan. Obviously Bruce takes the blame for Hendrick, but equally the credit for Wilson, Willock and Lewis might turnout decent too i the future.

Kinnear whilst senile was nowhere near as unbearable as Pardew and Bruce. Kinnear had an uncle vibe about him. Decent enough bloke, just way out of his depth.

I had a lot of time for Joe Kinnear and echo the feeling that he was just bewildered at being called up to manage Newcastle after 500 years of hibernation. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Kinnear's a similarly awful person. He didn't seem to make any effort to move with the times or be respectable to anyone. 

But yeah, I didn't hate him, it was more just shock and embarrassment. 

Not sure Kinnear was an awful person. A total relic and way out of his depth by being brought back in to the modern game. Was like California Man 2. 

Embarrassment is and understatement. It was the peak soap opera years for nufc, something I’ve almost managed to scrub from my memory, all I remember now is the Simon bird is a cunt and the heart attack. Beginning and the end.