Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

It's surprising how many so called fans out there really like this guy. When you see some of the comments on other sites it beggars belief. One guy said that he wants Bruce to be there next season because of the really attractive football we've played over the last 6 weeks or so and he feels tha Bruce is building a good side

No way a genuine NUFC fans says utter shit like that mind!

It's surprising how many so called fans out there really like this guy. When you see some of the comments on other sites it beggars belief. One guy said that he wants Bruce to be there next season because of the really attractive football we've played over the last 6 weeks or so and he feels tha Bruce is building a good side

No way a genuine NUFC fans says utter shit like that mind!

No way a person with working eyes and an IQ of over 30 says that either.

Sorry but i would end that person Charles Bronson style, it's no less than they deserve.

The way Mike/Charnley handle contracts, it wouldn't surprise me to find out he's got a clause in his contract that renders him untouchable as long as he's not in the relegation zone, or if he's in the relegation zone it negates the rest of his contract should they sack the cunt.

I've also had an internal suspicion this might be the case, but then I remember that could be slightly logical and it's pretty apparent how desperate they were to get him, so unlikely.

The thought of Charnley conducting negotiations is just... frightening. Like Max & Paddy negotiating their share of the "loot" with Raymond the Bastard.

Graeme Souness: Newcastle United is a graveyard for managers

Former Toon boss Graeme Souness says Newcastle is a “graveyard for managers” following increased pressure on Steve Bruce.

The Liverpool legend succeeded Sir Bobby Robson at St James’s Park in 2004 but was sacked after an unsuccessful 18 months.

In light of fans demanding Bruce, who has won just two of his last 19 games, is relieved of his duties, Souness has warned against future managers accepting the job.

He told the Sunday Mirror: "People go there thinking, ‘I’ll be the one who brings the good days back.’ But it isn’t as simple as that.

“Newcastle has been a graveyard for managers for years.

“I remember my first game there was against Blackburn. I went into hospitality before the match and saw the chairman’s wife. She said, ‘So you’re the new lion-tamer', and she pointed at the crowd.

“They are wild and they demand success.”

The Magpies remain just two points above Fulham, who occupy the final relegation spot.

Fuck off Souness. How the hell do we demand success?

We haven't had any for over 50 years.

Meanwhile, Arsenal fans hounded out Wenger, Leicester sacked Ranieri and Man U sacked three managers.

Former Toon boss Graeme Souness says Newcastle is a “graveyard for managers” following increased pressure on Steve Bruce.

The Liverpool legend succeeded Sir Bobby Robson at St James’s Park in 2004 but was sacked after an unsuccessful 18 months.

In light of fans demanding Bruce, who has won just two of his last 19 games, is relieved of his duties, Souness has warned against future managers accepting the job.

He told the Sunday Mirror: "People go there thinking, ‘I’ll be the one who brings the good days back.’ But it isn’t as simple as that.

“I remember my first game there was against Blackburn. I went into hospitality before the match and saw the chairman’s wife. She said, ‘So you’re the new lion-tamer', and she pointed at the crowd.

The Magpies remain just two points above Fulham, who occupy the final relegation spot.

Meanwhile, Arsenal fans hounded out Wenger, Leicester sacked Ranieri and Man U sacked three managers.

This is Souness wanting to get back into the game it sounds. But I agree we often hire shit managers and their shit career might end here, but this is down to them being absolutly shit.

I know that this is stating the obvious, but who exactly is wildly hounding him out?  Empty stadiums means that he's had the easiest run of any manager in the last twenty-odd years, he's spent £100m, and yet has still managed to make a gargantuan shitshow of it all.

Shepherds wife said it. Must be accurate :lol:

"demand success" I mean aye I would say we demanded a push for it back then.  Souness came 14th after three years in the top 5, and was headed for the same or worse - hardly harsh :lol:

As a manager, Souness is the footballing Genesis of our current decline.

I felt like I had been physically punched when we appointed him.

Following on from the Bowyer-Only summer of recruitment, we stank of decline.

That's when the seeds of our sale to the current Fat Man were sown.

Guest reefatoon

I have zero time for absolute failures like Souness, who go around blaming anyone and anything for their own downfalls and limited ability. Blaming fans for being utter shit at your job is a fucking disgrace.

In common with Bruce, Souness had some natural ability, combined with aggression and a work ethic. They were the sort of player you'd love on your team - but hate on others.  As a coach, pundit or manager, Shearer is out of exactly the same mould, which is why I wouldn't want him. This is why these types can't deal with flair players like Ben Arfa - or even Bellamy. They think a player is no good or lazy if they aren't all about rolling your sleeves up and putting in a shift. The rest - they think - all comes from natural talent when you're on the pitch. It's also why they defend each other in post - because they don't think it's down to the manager, it's down to the shortcomings of players who aren't like them.

In terms of tactics, it's easy to them:

• You're a defender - defend.
  • You're an attacker - attack the box.
  • You're a midfielder - get up and down, win some tackles and put some crosses in.

It's really not hard as a manager to be better than that - IMO. You don't really have to be that clever - if you have the ability to either think and/or feel. (Ideally both, sure.)

In terms of thinking, Rafa isn't really that different to them. He won't tolerate a lack of effort or commitment either. But he is adept at adding playing chess to the effort and talent. When it comes to the emotional approach, Keegan and Bobby (both more alike than they might admit) instead of just hard work, substituted flair and inspiration and saw that belief and an arm round the shoulder can take you a long way. This is also the approach Hughton took - or tried to take, I think as well.

For me, it's no coincidence that those four are our best-regarded managers of modern times. They all had the emotional intelligence to see what the fans were about, and the extra ability to deliver it.

We followed that summer up with another shite summer, signing Carr, Butt, Kluivert and some other knacker (and there were rumours at the time that SBR knew bugger all about some of the those signings). I could've accepted all that if the coffers were dry but then we gave the pea-brained Scotsman 50 million to spunk straight after. If we'd let Bobby spend that we'd have been right back up there. No doubt about it.

We followed that summer up with another shite summer, signing Carr, Butt, Kluivert and some other knacker (and there were rumours at the time that SBR knew bugger all about some of the those signings). I could've accepted all that if the coffers were dry but then we gave the pea-brained Scotsman 50 million to spunk straight after. If we'd let Bobby spend that we'd have been right back up there. No doubt about it.

Milner or N'Zogbia? :lol:

He's a tedious WUM just like so many others.

It's a reaction from him as he failed here because he's shit. He knows it as well.

Don't really consider him one of the WUM brigade tbh, he's just a bitter ex-player who hasn't come to terms with the fact he was a shit manager. If he had ever been considered a successful manager then his views would be of more interest, but he wasn't. He won some stuff at Liverpool on the back of the groundwork done before him, then he promptly turned that to shit. He also a trophy or two at Rangers where he spent much more than Celtic, the only other club in the league capable of winning anything.

It's a reaction from him as he failed here because he's shit. He knows it as well.

Don't really consider him one of the WUM brigade tbh, he's just a bitter ex-player who hasn't come to terms with the fact he was a shit manager. If he had ever been considered a successful manager then his views would be of more interest, but he wasn't. He won some stuff at Liverpool on the back of the groundwork done before him, then he promptly turned that to shit. He also a trophy or two at Rangers where he spent much more than Celtic, the only other club in the league capable of winning anything.

Not disputing, but he also won the League Cup at Blackburn. (and Turkish Cup at Galatasaray)

Not disputing, but he also won the League Cup at Blackburn.

Yet he still went on to prove he was a useless manager with us. No idea what the circumstances were with his short term success at Blackburn, but he proved at Liverpool that winning trophies meant nothing there, they went on a downward spiral so fast the longer he stayed there. They were almost unrecognisable as a big club by the time they kicked him out.