Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

NB: This quote has aged well: https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/224-improbable-yes-impossible-no

"..what about Brucey? Newcastle fans must be hating what he’s doing! He’s proving that not only Rafa can manage that club.  He’s 10 points better off than the Toon weren’t this stage last season – and there’s not a hint of turmoil behind the scenes"

1 minute ago, panasonic farting robot said:

That almost makes it sound like their performance was a deliberate attempt to get him sacked? :lol:

That's the way it reads to me. 

What a fucking shambles man, just bin him off or put him on gardening leave for the rest of his contract. 

23 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

i've been on the forum 15 years plus, i'm not an 'imposter' btw!

all good. Just curious if it’s something that’s still being worked out or if it was just truly bad info.  

11 minutes ago, panasonic farting robot said:

That almost makes it sound like their performance was a deliberate attempt to get him sacked? :lol:

It's believable. There was a noticeable lack of effort from a lot of the players.

21 minutes ago, panasonic farting robot said:

'Eh?  He hasn't been sacked? Fucking hell, same again next week, lads?'

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Not the first time, but you've got to wonder where Ashley's head is at. We're one of his largest investments.

Nothing against you personally, but these sorts of posts on this forum I find confusing. We, of all people, know what Ashley is like. He is a gambler, he doesn't understand football and he really doesn't give two shits about the club or the fans. We are 17th, and Bruce is meeting his expectations. For that reason, his job is as safe as houses while we remain 17th.

History has shown him to only sack 2 managers when we were not in the relegation zone. Allardyce when he took over and we were his new play-thing, and Hughton which made no footballing sense then and still makes no footballing sense today. Reading between the lines, I don't believe he was too happy with the power that the group of players seemingly had at the club, and Hughton's sacking was the first action in a series of measures to break apart that power-base.

If and when Bruce goes, he'll only be replaced with another halfwit, a yes-man that enables his ownership, and the depth of ineptitude to distract from the larger issue of Ashley himself.

10 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I stupidly still feel like something will give this week. I don’t know what I’m basing this on, probably naive hope. 

Me too.  Lost count already the amount of times today I've jumped in here in the hope the tread title has been changed.

1 minute ago, HawK said:

Nothing against you personally, but these sorts of posts on this forum I find confusing. We, of all people, know what Ashley is like. He is a gambler, he doesn't understand football and he really doesn't give two shits about the club or the fans. We are 17th, and Bruce is meeting his expectations. For that reason, his job is as safe as houses while we remain 17th.

History has shown him to only sack 2 managers when we were not in the relegation zone. Allardyce when he took over and we were his new play-thing, and Hughton which made no footballing sense then and still makes no footballing sense today. Reading between the lines, I don't believe he was too happy with the power that the group of players seemingly had at the club, and Hughton's sacking was the first action in a series of measures to break apart that power-base.

If and when Bruce goes, he'll only be replaced with another halfwit, a yes-man that enables his ownership, and the depth of ineptitude to distract from the larger issue of Ashley himself.

I understand that, but he obviously has some business nous to get where he has in the world.

He's left two subordinates in charge of the club who have little to no football experience. He obviously doesn't value industry knowledge particularly highly. 

I think its bollocks he doesn't care about the status of the club though. The club is at it's most profitable when it's in the PL, that's why his ultimate aim is to stay there.

He has always tried to do the bare minimum to keep us in the league and the only real spending he's done has been when we've been in danger or when in the division below.

Ultimately maybe it's his and his employees lack of football knowledge that is to blame. It's obvious he dislikes the fans and likes to get the odd dig in, but its simply not true to say he doesn't care about the status of the club. That's what makes it all rather confusing.

1 hour ago, Davy Ren said:

what was the crack mate i must have missed it on the old forum?

got a message saying he was gone and had agreed £1.7m compen, apparently came from an agent.

Looks like it was bollocks though, sadly.

That caller put it perfectly. It goes to show that we aren’t all hysterical idiots that want to win the premier league every year. We are the best placed to explain what is happening at our club and understand where the team is heading

Edited by andyc35i

22 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

got a message saying he was gone and had agreed £1.7m compen, apparently came from an agent.

Looks like it was bollocks though, sadly.

Ah bummer. 

1 hour ago, lovejoy said:

Sorry in advance if it was wrong lads!

I mean, if the players were told he was going I can believe you were told it as good info as well, even if it turns out not to happen.