Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

44 minutes ago, 54 said:

well said bonny lad. and calmly done without an insult in sight.

hopefully Bruce or one his cronies was listening.

hopefully we'll also get comments from bbc "experts" Savage and Sutton about this fan's unlrealistic expectations.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Why would you keep a man in a job that doesn’t want to be there, ffs [emoji38]

They’re not going to pay him off to leave. They don’t mind relegation, it’s a viable option.

He wants to go, the players want him to go but the board are intent on seeing this out so just sit back and enjoy it.

46 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I understand that, but he obviously has some business nous to get where he has in the world.

He's left two subordinates in charge of the club who have little to no football experience. He obviously doesn't value industry knowledge particularly highly. 

I think its bollocks he doesn't care about the status of the club though. The club is at it's most profitable when it's in the PL, that's why his ultimate aim is to stay there.

He has always tried to do the bare minimum to keep us in the league and the only real spending he's done has been when we've been in danger or when in the division below.

Ultimately maybe it's his and his employees lack of football knowledge that is to blame. It's obvious he dislikes the fans and likes to get the odd dig in, but its simply not true to say he doesn't care about the status of the club. That's what makes it all rather confusing.

This is where we disagree - I believe he doesn't care about the profitability of the club at all. There have been no efforts during his ownership to grow revenue streams, which is backed up by year after year of accounts data. Everything is obfuscated to try to confuse. The reason for this football club to exist is to promote Sports Direct. It can do it much better in the PL than in the Championship. However, he is probably the least afraid of relegation he's ever been (if he ever really has been). In his tenure we've been relegated twice, and come back up twice. To him, this means it'll just happen again. The parachute payment will cover some of the losses, but he'd rather take the chance we won't get relegated to not have to pay anything at all. This is the man he is, and he has proved this time and time again.

He doesn't want to sell, because he doesn't have to sell. The only scenario he will sell in my view is if all his other ventures finally go tits up and he needs to bail himself out once and for all, or someone comes to him with stupid amounts of money.

48 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

got a message saying he was gone and had agreed £1.7m compen, apparently came from an agent.

Looks like it was bollocks though, sadly.

Probably the same one I got, mine also said Charnley informally contacted Eddie Howe last week.

Just now, Northerngimp said:

Ashley would happily risk 30 million quid on a gamble to save himself 3 million quid.  

I mean, we know he would do that because he's done it twice before.

But it didn't exactly work well the last 2 times though, did it it? Not exactly learning from experience.

Putting the results aside, it’s the blind fucking ignorance to the utter dross served up week-in week-out that boils my piss. 

Brighton and Fulham mightn’t be getting results, but the style of football they play has the potential to pay off.

14 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I mean, we know he would do that because he's done it twice before.

But it didn't exactly work well the last 2 times though, did it it? Not exactly learning from experience.

We know it doesn't work football wise but Ashely thinks differently to us.  He'll be confident that he can retain most of the playing squad and gain promotion again at the first attempt.  Then more penny pinching in the premier league until we have another Bruce season again. Then start over. 

17 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

Ashley would happily risk 30 million quid on a gamble to save himself 3 million quid.  

£30m of the club's money. As long as his bank account never takes a hit he's fine. Being in the championship is just a minor inconvenience to him.

He doesn't "need" to sell the club. He doesn't "need" to take money out of the club". He doesn't "need" to put money into the club. When the timing is right for him, which it nearly was in 2020, he'll take the money and run. Until then, he doesn't have to even pay any interest into who the manager even is.

It’s been this shit since the day the guy took over. There has never been a game plan or way of playing and that is what infuriates me the most. At least with Rafa, I knew that we would go into a game and would not be getting bummed. Now, our ‘plan’ is that the opposition has an off day and we can luck out points from somehow 

9 minutes ago, Incognito said:

Almost like Jeff Lynne could see into the future 42 years ago

I've liked this post for the musical content.  It's a great tune and I refuse to let it be ruined by a gout riddled cunt with a BMI of 39.1

1 hour ago, lovejoy said:

got a message saying he was gone and had agreed £1.7m compen, apparently came from an agent.

Looks like it was bollocks though, sadly.

cheers mate, you would like to think common sense would prevail by doing exactly that but we are talking about an Ashley run club surrounded by imbeciles. I really do hope this happens over the next few days it's our only hope to give us a chance of staying up

His apparent shock at how Brighton played tells you everything about Bruce and our current set up, ignorant and ill prepared.

The way he talks about each game as a one off event, ‘on the night Brighton were very very decent’ like he’s never watched them play since they last humiliated his team, he’s just looked at the table and thought we are only 1 point behind them so they must be shite too.

And the whole ‘I’m a fighter and I’ll never walk away from the job’ bullshit needs to be challenged by journalists. He’s a fucking snake who’s continuously quit on clubs when he thinks he can better his bank balance. Nice guy Steve, proper football man? Get to fuck. 

Edited by JeffJ

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

They’re not going to pay him off to leave. They don’t mind relegation, it’s a viable option.

He wants to go, the players want him to go but the board are intent on seeing this out so just sit back and enjoy it.

"The board" is one person.

What Ashley seems not to be factoring in at all, is that the last two guys to bring the club back up, he later let go for being too ambitious/not toeing the line.

It'd be a weird replay of 2009/10 if Bruce took us down (Kinnear) and then an assistant who was imposed on a manager (Hughton/Jones) then took over in the championship... 

Edited by Pons Alias