Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

8 hours ago, Disco said:

He’s launched his own pod now.

Focussing on worthy NE folk. First one sounds good. It’s about how fake fundraisers can rip people off, discrediting charity in the process, into thinking they’re contributing towards the making a project (eg a short film) but are actually just funding a jolly instead. Not sure who the guest is mind.

:lol: :lol:

That Athletic podcast is nothing short of a total shitshow. It massively lets down the written element of the brand.

The bloke hosting it is painful, their 'banter' is fucking juvenile and the whole new structure of it is so bad I normally just listen to the first segment where they talka bout the latest game and then fuck it off.

You know, the segment where they systematically avoid ANY direct criticism of Bruce? Aye, thats the one.

I used to think GC was the tits when he at the Times but he's massively gone down in my estimation since he moved over. What is it they say about not meeting your heroes?

The less said about Waugh the better, they were previously massively demeaning to him with the 'Private Waffles' bullshit and he needs to slow the fuck down when he's on that podcast.

The whole thing needs an overhaul imho. Personally, think they should shitcan the podcast for the time being, find a new host and then focus it around current events and giving some actual fucking opinion and not dancing around the issues and that's where my biggest disappointment in Caulkin has come from; he's completely avoided digging Bruce out for fear of his friendship but, in actual fact, lost a tonne of credibility in the meantime.

He's no longer in the top 3 NUFC writers for me whereas previously he was in a league of his own at one point way back when. He's more Shelvey than Messi now.

I just listened to the latest one.  Some Irish fella was on and he was much more interesting to listen to than Waugh or Caulkin.  I don't actually mind, either.  But I do agree, that the lack of criticism levelled at Bruce is so annoying.  They'll half get stuck into players, the set up, the tactics and whatever else.  But they rarely seem to point out, that Bruce is responsible for most of it.

Agree on the host.  Just constantly reading out shit ads and also skirting round any firm opinion on anything.

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I just listened to the latest one.  Some Irish fella was on and he was much more interesting to listen to than Waugh or Caulkin.  I don't actually mind, either.  But I do agree, that the lack of criticism levelled at Bruce is so annoying.  They'll half get stuck into players, the set up, the tactics and whatever else.  But they rarely seem to point out, that Bruce is responsible for most of it.

Agree on the host.  Just constantly reading out shit ads and also skirting round any firm opinion on anything.

Aye and yet the fucking bloke has got the front to moan about Bruce and Ashley on his twitter feed yet he's like a little fucking lamb on the podcast.

Grow a pair FFS.

3 minutes ago, Pons Alias said:

Not by name, and this is the only reference to 'the coaches'...

"The situation with the coaches around Bruce, that is very strange. That wasn't his choice is what we are told - although he says something different, and that is where we are the minute."

29 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Bravo NUST!

I’m pleased they’ve made a stand to represent the overwhelming majority of fans. It’s all you can expect from a fan group so fair play to them. 

I think Bruce is going to walk, how can he possibly call himself a fan when the same very fans of this club are pleading with him to step down.

It honestly wasn't a personal issue I had with Bruce at the start, more he was just symptomatic of the shoddy way our club has been run. But now, after what has went on and the things this man has said, he has made it very personal now.

This whole mess was avoidable but he kept plugging away and stoked the fires totally unecessarily. Too late to play victim, he should walk and salvage any respect he may have left in the game.