Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

23 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I think Bruce is going to walk, how can he possibly call himself a fan when the same very fans of this club are pleading with him to step down.

It honestly wasn't a personal issue I had with Bruce at the start, more he was just symptomatic of the shoddy way our club has been run. But now, after what has went on and the things this man has said, he has made it very personal now.

This whole mess was avoidable but he kept plugging away and stoked the fires totally unecessarily. Too late to play victim, he should walk and salvage any respect he may have left in the game.

I can think of almost two million reasons why he won't, but it's blatantly obvious he's given up and is hoping for the sack. Over to Mike on that one........

22 minutes ago, Beth said:

I can think of almost two million reasons why he won't, but it's blatantly obvious he's given up and is hoping for the sack. Over to Mike on that one........

Yep so could I probably.

But he knows he is on borrowed time, I can't see him sticking around once fans are back. And Mike Ashley unfortunately for us would probably gamble our position in the top flight to win in a petty stand off with a manager.

All hypothetical obviously. I just feel the tide has really turned with fans/media etc. His friends are getting quieter and quieter.

Just now, Robster said:

I don't get it :blush:

Bruce made that comment where he thought a journalist was talking about bacon so they've linked it to this, which was from an episode of Wife Swap USA:

King Curtis will always be one of my favourite videos on the internet. A fellow fan once bought me a shirt adorned with 'BACON IS GOOD FOR ME' on it. Might actually get a ticket for the SU game and launch it at the dugout. 

24 minutes ago, Disco said:

That is so fucking niche.

Where is it?

Someone on the r/NUFC subreddit says his mate did it on the side of "an abandoned building in Durham countryside" and then posted it to FB alongside the King Curtis video.

2 minutes ago, danny said:

So wilder is odd on to be the next manager when bruce go's, so is he anygood? never heard of him before SU got promoted, and seems to have had 1 good season and 1 bad

He's not, he's 6/1.