Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I can't believe that bloke has mates. 

I can’t believe people who apparently love the club aren’t using their friendship as an opportunity to tell him to do the right thing and fuck off. 

51 minutes ago, Pons Alias said:

Personally, I've always felt that for one, Shearer's love of the club has been massively overstated.

I wholeheartedly agree, sure he sacrificed trophies, but how long would he have lasted at Man Utd, certainly not being still the top dog at the club into his mid 30’s.

He was happy to see out his career here and earn a shedload of money.

Am not shitting on him btw, before anyone gets offended. Something he supported became his job, ever talk to a sound engineer about gigs they’re looking forward to?

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I can't believe that bloke has mates. 

He's a natural arse kisser, some people like having one of those around. Shearer would love it I imagine. 

Haven’t looked at the table in weeks, just taken a glance and given how close its looking (from 18th upwards) it’s even more unfathomable that this fat cunt is still here. 

Simply has to get a result tomorrow to stay in touch with the pack.

The life of a football supporter is full of what ifs. It is the tortuous subplot to every game and every season. All the missed opportunities, sliding door moments and 50-50 calls that did not go your way. 

It is the possibility of what might have been, of what you could have won or done, blowing like a winning lottery ticket in a gale that keeps most fans coming back for more; the hope 'what if' becomes an “I was there to see it” moment.

For Newcastle United and Tottenham supporters, the ‘what if’ this season is far more frustrating than that. It is what if they were able to go to games, to shout and scream their anger, to revolt and call for change.

Rarely have they felt so powerless. With games behind closed doors, they have been kept away from their team, the noise they can make on social media and elsewhere too easily ignored. They are effectively silenced. 

There is no way of showing their displeasure at how things are unfolding, of how the team is playing; and the men they all seem to blame for it - the manager.

According to a survey by The Athletic this week, Newcastle’s Steve Bruce and Tottenham’s Jose Mourinho are the two least popular managers in the country with their own supporters. They are, if you believe social media and surveys like this, no longer wanted at the clubs that continue to support and employ them. Yet, both continue unharmed, protected from vocal shows of protest by Covid-19 lockdown measures.

They may be at opposite ends of the table, Newcastle one place above the relegation zone, Spurs one place below the Champions League qualification places, but the emotions are startlingly similar. 

When they meet at St James’ Park this Sunday, the stands will once again be barren and empty, yet both are in desperate need of a win to ease the pressure that still engulfs them. 

If fans were allowed inside the ground, neither manager would have been spared sustained and spiteful personal abuse this season. Despite the silence on matchday, though, both know they are being ridiculed, chastised and blamed.

Despite it all, Bruce was unequivocal in his wish for fans to be back in the ground, believing that, in Newcastle’s perilous position, Newcastle’s fans would get behind the team, roaring and cheering rather than booing and jeering him. It may be wishful thinking but fascinating all the same.

“I would desperately want the fans inside the ground,” said Bruce. “Absolutely. 100%. Without them, then, we're just like every other club. 

“Playing behind closed doors, for me, we've all got sort of used to it, but when we see the internationals and we see four or five thousand at a game, it makes a difference. 

“Look, I would want the supporters in because that's what it's all about. We've missed them dreadfully and I'm sure at this particular time, they'll get behind the team and that's the most important thing now. 

“We're in a scrap, we're in a fight - let's get ready for it. Certainly, the supporters would play their part in it - I'm absolutely convinced they would - to try and drag us over the line in certain situations."

In a survival fight, maybe Bruce is right. But would Tottenham fans, even though they play in the League Cup Final later this month, be so forgiving of Mourinho if he falls short of a top four finish.   

Like Bruce, the grumblings about playing style and identity have turned more toxic as results have worsened. Mourinho needs a win on Tyneside just as badly as Bruce does.

“For me, Jose,” offered Bruce,  the criticism that he receives is, in my opinion, ridiculous because here is one of the greats. 

“Over the last 20 years, what he's done, what he's been and what he's done in the Premier League is there for everybody to see.”

It is, but it is the here and now that matters for both of them, not the past.

29 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Who even is calling Jose a dinosaur? Nobody is calling Jose a dinosaur. He's just a moody energy vampire, not a dinosaur.

Yep. I’ve never seen/heard anyone calling him a dinosaur.

Am i fuck reading any futher then screenshot,Did he not realize  the fuck up on this alone? Sir bobby or Failure Bruce [emoji38]  fuck me itll be Fergie next"Don’t remember anyone calling Sir Bob a dinosaur when he was winning trophies in Holland, Portugal, Barcelona and getting Newcastle into the champions league in his 70s.  

Edited by astraguy