Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon

Well if that did happen, my interest level would stay a guaranteed zero. Utter cunt of a bloke.

Edited by reefatoon

Terry wouldn't touch us with Wayne Bridges dick. Regardless of his character he'd be expecting better than Ashley. He's just left Villa so knows how things should be set up.

2 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

I could see Ashley employing Terry in the future, just to rile the supporters further.

It's a move straight out of the Ashley play book. Available, free, cheap, grateful to have a job.

Won't happen unless Bruce develops a moral compass and quits though

£1m per year was the rumoured salary when he signed: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-united-make-steve-bruce-18205706 

"Geordie Bruce’s desperation to be in charge of the club he and his family have supported will see his basic pay pegged at £1million a year, when predecessor Rafa Benitez was getting a £6m annual wage." 

"The 58-year-old will, however, be able to boost his £20,000 per week wages by ensuring the Magpies avoid relegation back to the Championship.

MirrorFootball can reveal owner Mike Ashley has worked out an incentive-driven salary which will see Bruce collect an extra payment for every place Newcastle finish above the bottom three."

Others say it's around £57,000 per week working out around £3m: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1419993/premier-league-man-utd-arsenal-chelsea-liverpool-manager-salaries-SNT 

"With his current initial three-year contract, Bruce is believed to earn a weekly wage of £57,000, which works out as an annual salary of £2.75m.

Though Magpies fans have made clear they would like to see the back of Bruce, he would be entitled to a sizeable pay-off, with the Telegraph reporting he will be handed a new deal if he keeps Newcastle in the Premier League."

4 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

It would still be shit but if we had someone just semi likeable in charge i might have a bit more interest.

I think that explains why when I was either certain it was futile or close to certain it was futile under previous managers under this fat c**t, I partly wanted us to win for those managers, Rafa, Hughton even McLaren really. Admittedly harder with Pardew. Bruce like Carver, was such an abysmal unlikable prospect from the off that their eeking out results doesn't help the club and so the sooner they proved themselves and got binned the better.

Edited by Wolfcastle

7 hours ago, Menace said:

John Terry is one of a few people I would probably grow to hate more than Bruce.

That'd be a step too far for me if he was ever to manage this club

I have already written this season off as an absolute disaster, however I still think Ashley is prepared to go down into the championship rather than spend money now, I reckon Bruce will survive till the next transfer window but will walk just after as there will be no hope if receiving his preventing relegation bonus.

Three years of Bruce culminating in relegation is written in the stars and the only thing now to save his reputation in Newcastle is to walk with a dig at Ashley before the season starts.