Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

27 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

That's Jones in the car with him

I bet it's just like when Hayden was in the car with Rafa.

For some reason I'm reminded of a comedy sketch [may have been Rafa based] in which an obsessive football manager uses the items on the breakfast table to outline the tacktics. I bet it's the opposite with Bruce. Uses the squad to demonstrate the layout in Greggs. 

"Dubs. you're the cold sausage roll at the front which didn't get rotated and was left to wither. Defence you are my boys. You are the hot, fresh babies that I love, forget about that shite at the top of the shelf. That's what they want you to want.

30 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Everybody suggests Howe but without any indication that he would want to come here. He would be mad to even consider it.

As was Benitez. Without wanting to sound like the delewdid jawdee but what bigger, better club in the PL would look at him? Arsenal supporters would turn their noses up at him, can't think of any other club who despise their manager.

Any manager with sense would laugh at Ashley's Newcastle if they offered. You don't get control over signings as was a big sticking point with Rafa, you don't get your facilities invested into (£0.2m in 19/20, the year after Rafa who made it his priority left) nor does the owner actually communicate - you've got to talk via the 1 director Charnley who himself is a yes-man 

Think our 1st target was Arteta. If Arsenal got rid by the point Bruce leaves, we'd go for him again

"Mikel Arteta stating: ‘I was considering a situation at Newcastle United…I made the decision to stay where I was (at Manchester City) at the time.’"

Rafa apparently was paid 6m a year, Bruce is on a pittance relatively speaking. No decent manager is going to come here unless they get the going rate for managing in the premier league which Ashley doesn't appear to want to pay. I presume Bruce is the lowest paid manager in the league.

17 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I did yeah, it wasn’t the managers not wanting the job. Van Bronckhorst wanted it . It’s a PL job at a massive club. Tons of managers would take it. They chose Bruce 

I believe there were 10 that rejected it before Bruce took it?

39 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Any manager with sense would laugh at Ashley's Newcastle if they offered. You don't get control over signings as was a big sticking point with Rafa, you don't get your facilities invested into (£0.2m in 19/20, the year after Rafa who made it his priority left) nor does the owner actually communicate - you've got to talk via the 1 director Charnley who himself is a yes-man 

Do we need more bore holes already?