Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

He's made millions from football, he'd probably get another Championship club or some punditry job after he leaves us. The money is just a little extra nicety for him. He just knows he'll never manage a club as big as Newcastle United again.

So by that logic greed is his total motivation...as I said before if I could get a shed load of money for being crap I would too

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

There is no bigger indication of his character, and his motivation than what he did to Sheff Wed. Repugnant individual 

Not to mention the thoroughly unprofessional way he conducts himself in these zoom press conferences with anyone who isn't one of his selected journalists. 

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

So by that logic greed is his total motivation...as I said before if I could get a shed load of money for being crap I would too

He's already done that many, many times. When is enough enough? Looking at the state of him he doesn't know the meaning of the word "enough". 

It's definitely greed, as ManDoon says. Us and fans of many other clubs have had to put up with his con job because he's a greedy arsehole. 

Edited by Interpolic

Just now, Interpolic said:

He's already done that many, many times. When is enough enough? Looking at the state of him he doesn't know the meaning of the word "enough". 

When you're talking 7 figures there is never enough. When you know you will get it one way or another there's little point even pretending 

Just now, gjohnson said:

Well, yeah. The only thing Steve Bruce cares about is Steve Bruce. What club or job can he get; its why he left Sheffield Wednesday to come here despite everything that club did for him such as allowing him time until January after he took the job to mourn his dad before taking charge. Then he left to come here, a club in the PL, a club our size which shouldn't have gone anywhere near him. He probably thought his last job at a decent sized club was at Aston Villa which he fucked. Then a club of a relative equal stature offer him the gig here. He probably thought he won the lottery.

Just now, gjohnson said:

When you're talking 7 figures there is never enough. When you know you will get it one way or another there's little point even pretending 

Even if you already have 7 or 8 figures in cash and assets? 

That's greed, it's the problem on this planet full stop. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Well, yeah. The only thing Steve Bruce cares about is Steve Bruce. What club or job can he get; its why he left Sheffield Wednesday to come here despite everything that club did for him such as allowing him time until January after he took the job to mourn his dad before taking charge. Then he left to come here, a club in the PL, a club our size which shouldn't have gone anywhere near him. He probably thought his last job at a decent sized club was at Aston Villa which he fucked. Then a club of a relative equal stature offer him the gig here. He probably thought he won the lottery.

Well compared to most people he effectively did win the lottery....millions in the bank regardless of performance

1 minute ago, Interpolic said:

Even if you already have 7 or 8 figures in cash and assets? 

That's greed, it's the problem on this planet full stop. 

Exactly, and that's Steve Bruce, and why he's being made to look like even more of a knob by his managers than normal

12 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Exactly, and that's Steve Bruce, and why he's being made to look like even more of a knob by his managers than normal

Fair enough but what I took issue with originally was the idea that you can't blame him. I can blame him and I do blame him. He knows he's shit but he fleeces club after club for the maximum amount he can, when he absolutely doesn't need the money. 

Edited by Interpolic

27 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

It's totally the money...he's not far off retirement age and clearly wants to feather the nest. Anyone outside of his media cheer leaders know he won't get another job after here....if he was as good as they tell us he is then he could walk into another top flight job. 

I don't think he even likes management anymore, you never see him doing any events outside of his day job, if he was offered a payoff tomorrow he would take it and you'll never hear from him again.

Does anyone reckon that there's even a remote chance he gets sacked or leaves at some point this season? If performances are still AIDS and the SJP goers have owt about them, which after Southampton I have faith that they might do, and the atmosphere is toxic at games could that force him to walk or be sacked? Allardyce was deed to the supporters after Liverpool and McClaren was after Bournemouth. Wonder if atmospheres like that will have any sway. Doubt it, like.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think if we’re doing shit come October he might get the sack but we’ll just see Jones promoted until the end of the season. 

I'd take being winless until the next break (4th-15th October) if it meant he fucked off, mind. But screw just giving Jones the gig, he's part of this shit set up. But I do agree, it'd be Jones, Wilder ( :anguish: ) or Howe. Probably that order in terms of likelihood too. Ugh.

25 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Does anyone reckon that there's even a remote chance he gets sacked or leaves at some point this season? If performances are still AIDS and the SJP goers have owt about them, which after Southampton I have faith that they might do, and the atmosphere is toxic at games could that force him to walk or be sacked? Allardyce was deed to the supporters after Liverpool and McClaren was after Bournemouth. Wonder if atmospheres like that will have any sway. Doubt it, like.

Sadly I cannot see it.

Ashley couldn’t give a fuck and Charnley is a fat whopper who has no say in the operations of the club and lacks a pair of bollocks. 

Honestly can't believe the prospect of him going is even being discussed. We'll pinch a few wins eventually and all will be as good as forgotten, certainly as far as the actual decision makers are concerned anyway. As for the idea that he'd leave on his own accord, it's laughable, tbh. He's here until there's a takeover imo.