Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, RS said:

Might want to add Rafa has Everton a point off top. Baldy Luke’s head might blow off his puny little shoulders. 

Yup, the same Rafa who spent a fraction of what the fat man spent and who has the supporters of his club, who almost uniformly hated his appointment, basically eating out of his hand inside half a dozen games.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Yup, the same Rafa who spent a fraction of what the fat man spent and who has the supporters of his club, who almost uniformly hated his appointment, basically eating out of his hand inside half a dozen games.

Cant change things overnight. 

22 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

He’s openly said he’s not walking away, Ashley will not sack him either, he’s here for the entire season unfortunately.

This is what a lot of people either can't or refuse to see. Not only is he not walking away (unless he keels over and then he might get dragged away), he's not getting the boot even if we get relegated IMO. I'd guess he'll be here next season to spearhead our non promotion push as well.

30 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

He’s openly said he’s not walking away, Ashley will not sack him either, he’s here for the entire season unfortunately.

Why would he walk away when he's been given a 3 year rolling contract? Again making a mockery of the idea he was 11th choice btw. 

Ashley will only sack him when it looks like we are going to get relegated. If he can keep us up while playing terrible football then he'll stay. 

Again I don't think he's in anywhere near the amount of peril he should be but I don't know what makes people think he's bulletproof. Our bar of acceptable stewardship is obviously higher than Ashley's but to suggest he'd be happy having to invest again to get us out of the championship is a little much.

Edited by thomas

It’s a dismal start. The thing that Mike Ashley will possibly pick up on is that we should have won that, a capable coach/manager would have known around 65/70 mins that we weren’t going to score again and made the changes to just see the game out. Was there for the taking. It’s one thing just being shit but losing points from the position we were in will be seen as failure.

Total surrender mentality and anything less than a win in our next match and he’s gone I reckon.

The extent of Ashley's interest this weekend will be that we are out of the bottom three. Has probably already called Bruce to congratulate him.

He's not paying enough attention to our performances to recognise how much trouble we are in. If he does ever notice it will be when it is far too late to reverse our fortunes.

Edited by KaKa

30 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

It’s a dismal start. The thing that Mike Ashley will possibly pick up on is that we should have won that, a capable coach/manager would have known around 65/70 mins that we weren’t going to score again and made the changes to just see the game out. Was there for the taking. It’s one thing just being shit but losing points from the position we were in will be seen as failure.

Total surrender mentality and anything less than a win in our next match and he’s gone I reckon.

I'll have whatever you're smoking :lol:

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Shearer on MOTD quick to discuss Farke's weaknesses as a manager but absolutely failed to acknowledge Rafa at all which is weird considering the Newcastle connection. 

He and MoTD are well past their sellby date tbh.  Surprised people still watch it.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Shearer on MOTD quick to discuss Farke's weaknesses as a manager but absolutely failed to acknowledge Rafa at all which is weird considering the Newcastle connection. 

He won’t want to upset his mate Steve by bigging up the person he rants about in The Diamond. 

8 hours ago, neesy111 said:

He and MoTD are well past their sellby date tbh.  Surprised people still watch it.

By all accounts it's actually doing better then ever, it got its highest ever viewership the other week. 

I generally like Shearers analysis, although his reluctance to criticize Bruce is a bit weird, although that said, not sure if I'd ever want to slate a mate on national TV.

Edited by 54

Yesterday was a tale of 2  managers. The Watford manager organising his team of average ageing players and getting the best out of them. Bruce with a much better squad, incapable of organising them and the best he can offer is to stand on the touchline clapping his hands and shouting c'mon. 

51 minutes ago, 54 said:

By all accounts it's actually doing better then ever, it got its highest ever viewership the other week. 

I generally like Shearers analysis, although his reluctance to criticize Bruce is a bit weird, although that said, not sure if I'd ever want to slate a mate on national TV.

Which makes him pretty useless as an analyst as far as we are concerned. I have no problem with him being mates with wankers like Bruce, but we care about our club not who Shearer's mates are.

Why does he have such a problem saying anything positive about Rafa btw? He's not a mate or an enemy as far as I know, but Wor Al always keeps a tight lip on Rafa's professionalism and standing in the game. Didn't Rafa go to war with the owner over the disgusting lack of ambition at NUFC? Did his mate Bruce ever do that?

Guest neesy111

Best ever viewings were down to the CR game vs us.  I think as a production it's shit, I also include most of the other pundits in my analysis.  Just think it needs a refresh.

10 hours ago, thomas said:

Again I don't think he's in anywhere near the amount of peril he should be but I don't know what makes people think he's bulletproof. Our bar of acceptable stewardship is obviously higher than Ashley's but to suggest he'd be happy having to invest again to get us out of the championship is a little much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce was here next season even if we got relegated. History suggests Ashley will gamble on keeping the manager right up until the point that it's too late. If that happens, and relegation becomes a certainty, I think they'd sooner gamble again on Bruce getting us promoted than consider recruiting someone else. 

The only thing that sees him removed, imo, is a takeover.