Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Remember that Edwards' paper are moving toward (or at least were planning to) a clickbait model. He's a terrible (and by that I mean absolutely fucking terrible) journalist, but he's brilliant at winding people up. Please stop giving him the attention he both craves and now needs to make a living. 

8 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

I don’t like Bruce at all but has he really pretended to be one of us? From the interviews I’ve seen he’s mentioned it being his boyhood club, basically admitting he couldn’t care less since becoming an adult. 

You're taking that too literally.
When someone says it's their "Boyhood Club", it means they've loved and supported it ever since boyhood (up to and including the moment of making the statement)

I know it is shithousery, but I would love it if there was a mass effort to contact The Telegraph to stop Edwards writing his bitter articles about us. Get him shifted to Leyton Orient or another club.  The same way that people contacted The Independent last year about that gadgie who was writing negative articles about the takeover. I actually thought that was out of line tbh! Edwards is toxic though. 

The bloke is a grade A cunt. It’s not even that I disagree with him, it’s his his smarminess and purposeful baiting of NUFC fans. 

Edited by Danh1

3 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Caulkin especially has went from a decent reporter when at the Times, to a total joke these days

Caulkin gets criticised for his takeover stuff. But, it seems to me from what's come out that he was passing on what he was told by several parties, and that there was a very late swerve by the PL to block it. So it seems.

I can't really blame him for that, and since then, he's been pretty circumspect, always making clear that confidence in one or other of the parties can be unfounded.

The Steve Bruce stuff is harder to understand, for me, if they really are friends.

Shearer gets criticised for not laying into Bruce on MOTD, due to him apparently being a friend. And it's true I have lost a bit of respect for him for that. But at the end of the day, Shearer is a pundit - a talking head.

One step above the rentagobs on Talksport etc, but ultimately they're all there to generate clicks and in a similar role.

I am disappointed when the professional journalists feel conflicted by personal friendships as well, though, or can't see it clearly. That's not what they're paid for, Newcastle fans or not.

Quite why there is this wall of protective rubbish about Bruce and his training methods, his totally dreadful and consistent record over his 999 games, his persistent out of touch with reality excuses, his blaming everyone but himself, is beyond me.

And that's just the start with Europe's fattest man, his gigantic sleeves and his meticulous system of unimprovements.

Why, then, are more journalists not holding him to account? Too pally? If that's the case, just admit you're conflicted and then go report on someone else for a bit. 

It would be better to run a campaign to get every Newcastle supporter that follows him on Twitter to 1) unfollow him and 2) block him so that his analytics for Twitter go down the toilet.

I already reckon there’s a reluctance to click on the Telegraph when his name is attached, that could be why some other chap was reporting on us for them during the week.

I don’t wish career/financial ruin on anyone but he’s basically knowingly gaslighting us for £££, so fuck him.

6 hours ago, LV said:

:lol:

You Only Win Twice :lol:

I'll leave some out for others......but here's a few early ones

Oh No! 

From Wednesday comes Shite

Thunderc--t 

You Only Win Twice

On Mike Ashley's Shite Service

Dreams Are Forever

Lose Another Day

No Time to Diet

Edited by Mag_in_NZ

7 hours ago, Abacus said:

Caulkin gets criticised for his takeover stuff. But, it seems to me from what's come out that he was passing on what he was told by several parties, and that there was a very late swerve by the PL to block it. So it seems.

I can't really blame him for that, and since then, he's been pretty circumspect, always making clear that confidence in one or other of the parties can be unfounded.

The Steve Bruce stuff is harder to understand, for me, if they really are friends.

Shearer gets criticised for not laying into Bruce on MOTD, due to him apparently being a friend. And it's true I have lost a bit of respect for him for that. But at the end of the day, Shearer is a pundit - a talking head.

One step above the rentagobs on Talksport etc, but ultimately they're all there to generate clicks and in a similar role.

I am disappointed when the professional journalists feel conflicted by personal friendships as well, though, or can't see it clearly. That's not what they're paid for, Newcastle fans or not.

Quite why there is this wall of protective rubbish about Bruce and his training methods, his totally dreadful and consistent record over his 999 games, his persistent out of touch with reality excuses, his blaming everyone but himself, is beyond me.

And that's just the start with Europe's fattest man, his gigantic sleeves and his meticulous system of unimprovements.

Why, then, are more journalists not holding him to account? Too pally? If that's the case, just admit you're conflicted and then go report on someone else for a bit. 

Why even have any expectations from professional journalists any more? Most of them are now climbing back aboard the Rafa bandwagon after carping at him through sheer spite when he was at NUFC. Now suddenly he's become the canniest manager with an eye for a bargain, clear direction and a penchant for improving players. 

Oh really? Well blow me down. 

Bruce of course is still a proven manager who's not to be blamed for lack of support from the owner, and is on a hiding to nothing with a fanbase that doesn't want him here. I'm reading all this in today's column in the Times by Tony Cascarino. Professional journalists actually get paid to write this shit. 

Guest HTT II
21 minutes ago, Mike said:

This cunt roasting his chicken skin in the Portuguese sun yet like?

He has cabbage skin, and pork belly