Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

6 hours ago, Dokko said:

At this point I'm in it for the shits & giggles so really am hoping he's on holiday and makes no attempt to hide it.

Would actually respect him a little bit more for it tbh. 

"Fuck yous all, I might be a shit manager, but I'm getting paid millions for tanning my arse in the sun!" :cool:

7 hours ago, Ben said:

I'm starting to think Steve Bruce's entire managerial career was to give his son a few games, as a manager for 1000 games over 23 years he's won absolutely nothing, his record is astounding, how he has been employed by 10 clubs earning millions winning a grand total of fuck all is baffling 

It's the Championship promotions, but he's had so many games it's basically the law of averages at this point.

21 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

10.1% of fans (ok, members) are happy with Bruce :lol: I'd love to hear their reasons.

89.9% were unhappy, this does not mean the rest were satisfied. Some would be ambivalent towards him of course, so the numbers content with him would be much leads than 10%. You would have thought after a couple of years in a post fans would have warmed a little to him. 

Guest reefatoon
27 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

10.1% of fans (ok, members) are happy with Bruce :lol: I'd love to hear their reasons.

Obviously varying Luke Edwards accounts.

3 minutes ago, timinperu said:

89.9% were unhappy, this does not mean the rest were satisfied. Some would be ambivalent towards him of course, so the numbers content with him would be much leads than 10%. You would have thought after a couple of years in a post fans would have warmed a little to him. 

It's also "were unhappy with SB at the start of the 21/22 season", so you'd hope that some of those people have since switched to the idea of him being inadequate.

I'd love to see the trust write an open letter directly to Bruce asking him for his resignation.

A well written letter pointing out all his contradictions and bullshit, as well as the stats which back the point would surely be something worthwhile

Edited by Thumbheed

10 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I'd love to see the trust write an open letter directly to Bruce asking him for his resignation as why?

A well written letter pointing out all his contradictions and bullshit, as well as the stats which back the point would surely be something worhwhile

He'd just sign it and send it back.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Next time that prick luke edwards starts talking about metrics he should take a look at this. Who the fuck cares what metrics luke edwards believes are the most important when the fans feel like this. 

"But I went to a couple of first-team games while I was there and Steve Bruce actually caught the ball during one of the games and the whole stadium started booing as the manager holds the ball.

"When he threw it, they all started cheering and that's not the Newcastle I know.”

Few words from Gary Caldwell https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/not-the-newcastle-united-i-know-former-celtic-star-shares-behind-the-scenes-insight-3407727

40 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

"But I went to a couple of first-team games while I was there and Steve Bruce actually caught the ball during one of the games and the whole stadium started booing as the manager holds the ball.

"When he threw it, they all started cheering and that's not the Newcastle I know.”

Few words from Gary Caldwell https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/not-the-newcastle-united-i-know-former-celtic-star-shares-behind-the-scenes-insight-3407727

Is the way Newcastle play now under Bruce, the way you know the Newcastle Gary?

3 hours ago, Shearergol said:

- It's not his fault, his hands are tied because of Mike Ashley

- The manager can only pick the team, he can't score the goals for them

- He's from Wallsend, he knows what Newcastle fans want

- etc. 

40 minutes ago, TRon said:

- It's not his fault, his hands are tied because of Mike Ashley

- The manager can only pick the team, he can't score the goals for them

- He's from Wallsend, he knows what Newcastle fans want

- etc. 

He’s from the arse end of Daisy Hill, Walker. Not a Wallsender! (I hope)

Edited by RS