Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Still doesn’t make sense how the reported cost has doubled in the last seven months. With his reported wages it makes no sense.

As I said, even if it is a rolling contract, just don’t trigger it renewing and put him on gardening leave until the summer. Would cost about a million.

The contract could have any number of clauses in. The compensation might go up for every year he’s with us. It could be that the figures reported in March were wrong. Who cares? It’s a drop in the ocean now

I'd imagine the £8m is the total fee to remove all the staff (minus Jones) - wouldn't be surprised to see a fee included around staying up and then being removed from the role hence a higher cost. Either way it is ludicrous.

I’m not sure where that figure came out of, probably from Bruce himself!

Final year of his contract with no clause mentioned that anything gets triggered.

It’ll be less than 3 million and he should count himself very lucky to be getting it, the absolute charlatan 

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’m not sure where that figure came out of, probably from Bruce himself!

Final year of his contract with no clause mentioned that anything gets triggered.

It’ll be less than 3 million and he should count himself very lucky to be getting it, the absolute charlatan 

its not his final year though. he was on some crazy batshit 3 year rolling contract that reset itself to zero every season.

9 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

The contract could have any number of clauses in. The compensation might go up for every year he’s with us. It could be that the figures reported in March were wrong. Who cares? It’s a drop in the ocean now

You’re right, it doesn’t matter apart from it’s make me incredibly unhappy at the thought of that useless slug being given a sum that high :lol: 

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

the fact that two dinosaurs like Fat Sam and this cunt made more than £10m combined out of this club as a payoff for being shite.

just wait till we’re dropping joelinton money on replacing managers like chelsea. 

It was an initial three year contract, but SB confirmed it doesn't end next summer, year three. The extent of any rollover and break clauses are pure speculation. The consortium will have factored any compensation into the sale price since he clearly must go.

Bruce took the role knowing of Ashley's intentions to sell the club, it may well be that he has a clause that increases the payoff he is entitled to if the club changes hands while he's here. The lower amount could have been to make it cheaper for Ashley to peddle him if things went further south while he still owned the club.

I'd be temped not to sack him, but demote him to u15s manager. Keep paying him and make sure he clocks in every day for his money. 

We all know he's going to Derby next. Be great to stop that from happening unless he walks away with a lower offer.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Figured they'd let him say bye to players and staff tomorrow and then hoy him into the fucking sea.

I hope not, Tyneside doesn’t need a Tsunami on its shores…

Just been out for a run and there was an Amazon van leaving the training ground as I passed. Hopefully whoever was put in charge of buying Fat Stephen's leaving gift has a subscription to Prime. 

"Gaffa, we've had a whip round and bought you this book, it's called Dust Yourself Down - 1,001 Excuses for a Sleeve Rolling Cunt". 

Hope to fuck the announcement is two sentences, tops. Namely:

The club can announce that head coach (:lol:) Steve Bruce and assistants Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence have left the club.

First team coach Graeme Carr will take on the role of head coach for the upcoming match against Tottenham Hotspur and a further announcement will be made in due course.

No thanking them or wishing them luck or owt

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

The club can announce that head coach (:lol:) Steve Bruce and assistants Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence have left the club.

First team coach Graeme Carr will take on the role of head coach for the upcoming match against Tottenham Hotspur and a further announcement will be made in due course.

Sadly, this bunch seem to have too much class to do that.

Long gone are the days of sacking people recovering from cancer over the phone.

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Carr back? [emoji38]