Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Imagine turning up at 11am for work, when there's a massive amount of work to be done. 

This can't be understated enough. Your club has just been taken over by the richest owners in world football and you couldn't be fucked to change your plans on Friday, nor the weekend, and couldn't be fucked to get in until nearly the afternoon to meet them.

Compared to Rafa who would've been at the ground on Friday ready to meeting the new owners before sleeping in his office over the weekend in between updating his dossier of plans for the club to show them today.

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

This can't be understated enough. Your club has just been taken over by the richest owners in world football and you couldn't be fucked to change your plans on Friday, nor the weekend, and couldn't be fucked to get in until nearly the afternoon to meet them.

Compared to Rafa who would've been at the ground on Friday ready to meeting the new owners before sleeping in his office over the weekend in between updating his dossier of plans for the club to show them today.

Id imagine Rafa has already been in touch with them to just say congrats and if you need anything let me know. 

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I bet he continously brings up the 1000th game nonsense. It's classic Bruce. 

Probably saying it's a shame it couldn't have been as NUFC manager as his very dead parents would have been so proud.

6 minutes ago, Bizza said:

"Give him his 1000th game you swine"

"Yea, give me my 1000th game ya shit!"

More like:

"About your 1000th game, I wo..."

"I want 5"

"you want 5000 games here"?

"No, I want 5 of those Jammy Dodgers there".

I think they'll take their time to gather some of the intelligence they feel they need to make the least destabilising decision while they get things lined up the way they want.

I imagine the question is 'when do we sack him?' rather than 'should', and I imagine it'll be the players' opinions that help them get to that decision.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So they are meeting today, so are we safe to assume if no news of his sacking comes today then he is in charge for Spurs ?

Not in my opinion. It might happen later in the week if they have some due process they need to go through as has been suggested by Caulkin. But I still reckon he'll be gone today personally. 

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

I think they'll take their time to gather some of the intelligence they feel they need to make the least destabilising decision while they get things lined up the way they want.

I imagine the question is 'when do we sack him?' rather than 'should', and I imagine it'll be the players' opinions that help them get to that decision.

He needs to go ASAP to help continue the momentum of the excitement going into Sunday.

I really hope they give Steve the chance to outline his ambitions for the club and ask him to prepare a detailed dossier overnight. He deserves that, at least.

Then sack him as soon as he comes into the office, files in hand, the next morning. He deserves that too.