Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Potentially speaks to the volumes of what Staveley and co. are bringing in terms of class/professionalism/planning in comparison to what we have been acclimatized to the past 14 years, if not far longer tbh. 

The old lot would have binned him off without a thank you or leave him hanging like t'other Schteevie. 

Gives me confidence this lot are going to leave no stone unturned in getting this right, acting with class, dignity and hopefully gaining respect as they go. 

We shall see. 

17 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Potentially speaks to the volumes of what Staveley and co. are bringing in terms of class/professionalism/planning in comparison to what we have been acclimatized to the past 14 years, if not far longer tbh. 

The old lot would have binned him off without a thank you or leave him hanging like t'other Schteevie. 

Gives me confidence this lot are going to leave no stone unturned in getting this right, acting with class, dignity and hopefully gaining respect as they go. 

We shall see. 

Oh definitely aye. Yes everyone expected Bruce to be booted out today but never happened. But we've had far worse time before.

Steve McClaren was sacked way later than he was supposed to. Pardew was never getting the chop as was Bruce of Ashley was here. So patience my brothers. The day is upon us.

Edited by nufcjb

You can easily imagine him trying his modest harmless amicablebit of a stuck in the mud salt of the earth routine trying to blag that 1000th game in those discussions.

His getting £8m really doesn't sit well but if he offered to renounce it in return for taking the game on balance I'd rather give him his ill-gotten games. So Bruce is worth £8m a game to keep away.

4 minutes ago, thomas said:

Jokes aside, I 100% know it's going to happen, but I still can't shake this anxious feeling until it does.

PIF are going to give him a ten year contact bud. It's so obvious he's going nowhere and he's the perfect person for them to lead their vision.

Seriously, just chill. Of course he will be gone in due course. They've only had 1 day looking at the club. :lol:

14 minutes ago, hakka said:

PIF are going to give him a ten year contact bud. It's so obvious he's going nowhere and he's the perfect person for them to lead their vision.

Seriously, just chill. Of course he will be gone in due course. They've only had 1 day looking at the club. :lol:

No I mean there's no fear like that, it's more like the kid waiting for christmas. Like can barely sleep

11 minutes ago, thomas said:

No I mean there's no fear like that, it's more like the kid waiting for christmas. Like can barely sleep

I'm relaxed. This take over has come out of nowhere, but I've waited 14 years for this moment that I can allow what unfolds since the takeover to happen at the pace which is natural and right.

But OK, I can see how eager you are for things to move along. I also am desperate to see how we change everything, from manager, to coaches, to academy, to facilitates and of course to players. I think we all accept the most of those can't change over night but in theory a Bruce could have been sacked at any point. I'm certain he's gone, I just think the new owners are being sensible and respectful simply taking time to do the full review of what they have purchased and where it's at.

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Not stressed at all, we have what we wanted , rid of Fat Mike.

Bruce goes soon , patience will be the key to everything at NUFC now

Exactly, it’s not possible to change 14 years of rot overnight. 

it’s important we all recognise this and afford the new owners both patience and benefit of the doubt. 

27 minutes ago, GWN said:

Not stressed at all, we have what we wanted , rid of Fat Mike.

Bruce goes soon , patience will be the key to everything at NUFC now

Agree. He will he gone by the Spurs game. I'd imagine he is just trying to squeeze every bit of compensation and that is the hold up. He will be on to his next pay off soon enough. 

The new owners have worked hard for years to push this deal through and judging by yesterday (and the communication from Amanda through the process) PR and relations with the fans are important to them. There is no way they will allow their grand entrance at the Spurs game to be sullied by the presence of Bruce. 

41 minutes ago, LV said:

Luke Edwards on TalkSport this morning peddling the idea that we are in for Lampard and that he would be a good manager for us. 

:anguish:

So he's been in this forum then and worked out the next way to wind us up.

Sad cunt 😂