Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I don't give a fuck about Charnley to be honest. Even if he stays, he'll ultimately fail to deliver the objectives of what his new employers wouldbset out and he'll pay the price for it. Ain't his buddy Mike running the place anymore that can let everything goes on as usual despite blatant failures.

But for Bruce, the shithead just talks too much shit and does no good for the club at all. Shove respect up his arse.

Edited by nufcjb

Lampard's work at Chelsea and their massive improvement (even mid-season) under Tuchel should be enough for him to never get near a top-level job ever again.

Edited by Sima

19 minutes ago, wormy said:

What actually was Charnley before Ashley started moving him up the 'ranks'? Would love it if they tell him he can stay on but has to go back to whatever his original role was.

He was the club's secretary. 

Club Secretary isn't necessarily as shit as it sounds mind you. For context, our Company Secretary is also the Legal Director. 

I think waiting to make sure we have a DoF in before the manager role is filled makes sense long term. Shame Bruce has left us in a slightly precarious position which puts a bit more urgency on it.

Just now, Hhtoon said:

Club Secretary isn't necessarily as shit as it sounds mind you. For context, our Company Secretary is also the Legal Director. 

I think waiting to make sure we have a DoF in before the manager role is filled makes sense long term. Shame Bruce has left us in a slightly precarious position which puts a bit more urgency on it.

CS is a high level role. Think he was in box office before that. 

He knows the club inside out. Shame he became a little rat who seemed to take delight in our misery.

So sick of itk on twitter saying "tonight or tomorrow". And you just know when it does get announced they'll be slapping themselves on the back and reposting their most recent tweet as "evidence". These accounts have thousands of followers too because they keep throwing mud until something sticks and claim to be some kind of NUFC oracle feeding off supporter excitement, tossers, especially that Burnsie and his 100 accounts /rant

Fingers crossed it is today though, sick of this dragging on!

16 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

don't lose hope so fast, he will need to show up to remove his stuff from the managers office. 

Aye, this could also be him saying goodbye to the players/staff there as well, having had the call last night.

See what time he leaves today, I guess.

EDIT: He's rocked in earlier than yesterday, I suppose.

Edited by TK-421

It's important to understand the structure they want to put in place also makes this difficult. Ideally you want the sport director to decide who the managers will be but given we don't have that in place it puts us in a tricky situation. 

If we end up with a British manager such as Lampard I'd expect this due to advice from the advisors they are retaining. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

It's important to understand the structure they want to put in place also makes this difficult. Ideally you want the sport director to decide who the managers will be but given we don't have that in place it puts us in a tricky situation. 

If we end up with a British manager such as Lampard I'd expect this due to advice from the advisors they are retaining. 

I see no reason why Bruce needs to still be in a position without the sporting director roles filled.

We know fine well GJ will carry the club through the build/procurement process. We will have continuity because GJ is the one organising it atm.