Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

As ever with NUFC, a certain someone is awaiting their first PL goal of the season… I expect that player to get at least two to set him off and running for the rest of the season! It’s just the way the world and NUFC works. 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

I guess I'm seeing the journey ahead rather than the current situation. One match isn't going to shape our future, the next 10+ years are.

Fuck him, he's done. I don't really care if it's today or next week, he's not our future, just be happy about that.

Spot on. The new hierarchy have specifically avoided giving him any assurances about his future here, they are avoiding any public pictures or videos with him - I mean it's pretty obvious they are not planning on keeping him on.

Seems that they are waiting to get the right man in place first, be that DoF or the prospective manager. It could all just be down to timing. The takeover went through quite suddenly, previous personnel which had been earmarked might have moved elsewhere in the interim. So what if we have to wait a few days longer. Would be nice if we get rid before Sunday, but in the greater scheme of things it's hardly a disaster if he hangs around a couple of weeks more. 

I just don't see why you would keep him around for a single other match. The negatives far outweigh the benefits.

I have no faith in Jones's ability as a cartetaker manager and would still consider the game a write off but at least you've removed the possibility of numbnuts distracting from what should be nothing but a celebratory atmosphere.

If he's there on Sunday, he'll probably wish they'd sacked him quicker, I sense dogs abuse and it'll be fun. 

I think it's daft decision but fuck it, he'll be gone soon enough. 

Neither Bruce or a defeat is going to ruin my day or the carnival atmosphere. 

Edited by Wilson

He's gone regardless.

Just wether they want pure unbridled joy on Sunday or a slightly tamer one with potentially added booing and chants against Bruce.

Not sure how having patience or listening to Steve benefits anyone as he can't stay here [emoji38]

But if they want to take a more civilised route with Bruce then I can't complain about that. It's just not what I'd afford him[emoji38]

Looking at the bigger picture you could argue it doesn't matter when we bin him. On the other hand we're in a very precarious position in the league. Every game with him in charge is most likely another three points wasted. We don't want to give ourselves too much to do.

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

They risk turning the mood completely toxic at the weekend by sticking by him, wonder if they read the Trust's survey to gauge the levels of hate for him.

I think they're fully aware what the feeling is towards Bruce, and he knows hes a dead man, its just a case of when they sack him, if they want all there eggs in a row before making any decision, then that is fair enough. 

I know we're all desperate for this silage heap to go but also important to remember, the new owners have barely gotten their feet under their desks yet.

They're nice people and will have been used to dealing with people in their line of work with a certain courtesy, this doesn't mean they won't be afraid to make the important decisions.

The truth is we don't know anything about what's happening behind the scenes, the amicable chat they had yesterday may have very well included the information that they will want to bring in their own setup when the time is right.

Bruce may have indicated that he plans to retire after stepping down, so maybe they are letting him get his 1000th game as a professional courtesy. We just don't know.

Ashley was always the issue, and that's been solved. Everything else will just fall into place in time. Chill..

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I think they're fully aware what the feeling is towards Bruce, and he knows hes a dead man, its just a case of when they sack him, if they want all there eggs in a row before making any decision, then that is fair enough. 

Yep understand that, the worry is they've been talking to the likes of Shearer who would fight Bruces corner.

7 minutes ago, Numbers said:

They risk turning the mood completely toxic at the weekend by sticking by him, wonder if they read the Trust's survey to gauge the levels of hate for him.

Nee chance the mood is toxic on Sunday, even if cabbage remains in the dug-out. Unless we quickly go 3-0 down, which would be perfectly possible I suppose.

He'll be gone before then anyway. 

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

I know we're all desperate for this silage heap to go but also important to remember, the new owners have barely gotten their feet under their desks yet.

They're nice people and will have been used to dealing with people in their line of work with a certain courtesy, this doesn't mean they won't be afraid to make the important decisions.

Feet under or over their desks, this is not in any way a tough or difficult decision to make.

Whether they are "nice" people or not is for them to prove through their actions. Most, if not everyone, liked Ashley in the beginning too.

My confidence in them will be non-existent if they don't bin Bruce before the Spurs match. It's a bad decision from a sporting perspective which will impact the commercial side long term if we don't get any points against spurs and it will immediately sour the relationship they have started building with the fans.

I understand the point about doing things in the right way contractually etc, though that's never a problem for other clubs.

Also, you can always put him on gardening leave just to get rid of him.

Of course it is very possible that they simply have no idea how bad he is.

But I personally really doubt he'll be there by Sunday, or be allowed to do another one of his awful bumbling press conferences.