Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I think they will be looking at things long term. It doesn't matter if Bruce is still here this week if you're thinking 5, 10 years ahead.

Personally, if they have a long term strategy it doesn't even necessarily matter to me if we get relegated this season.

If the investment comes, and good decisions are made to improve the club (like replacing Bruce), then the change we want will come.

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

It’s Tuesday. We play Sunday. They’ve likely given no indication to anyone how they’re leaning. They’ve likely watched every single match of ours since they decided to buy us. They’ve likely seen and read every survey and etc for him. They are not going to do anything that will cause legal action, they are likely trying to work out the payout (with his attorneys) and the back room staff too. They are likely hoping they have movement or a statement planned to discuss the next step of their plan/communication as such. 

I still think he’s a goner by Sunday. The PR headache or the entire world watching and the 80% owner’s country and such too. They’ll just not want to deal with it. 

If he’s not sacked, bummer, but No big deal. Big picture We are free from Ashley and soon to be free of Bruce and the new era is upon us. 

Agree with most of it but not the bit in bold. He needs to go.

Mandy and her squad need to show the fans they mean business, that their not going to put up with mediocrity, that excuses are not acceptable and that we are going to have higher stanadards from now on.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Nice and respectful does have limits when we're 19th and winless, tbf.

I think his lack of departure prob has more to do with the lack of football board/DOF being installed. But still don't see how it's not in their best interests to immediately bin him.

I really hope he is not here for the Spurs game. I can just imagine what he will be like. He will lap up the party atmosphere as if it somehow reflects on him. He'll do some kind of valedictorian interview afterwards portraying his time as a success as he kept us up for two years and now he is passing the baton on.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Sky still reporting he's fucking off fwiw.

:lol:It's just going to be the same headline every day until Sunday, isn't it?

'Steve Bruce has just taken the the pre-match warm up but is still expected to be sacked before Super Sunday's kick off'.

Edited by wormy

You guys do know that literally a statement can come out at any time announcing he has been sacked right? No one has a fucking clue to be honest.

For all we know, there'll be a PC tomorrow by the new owners, announcing Bruce has been sacked and we have appointed a DOF and a manager. That's how unsure everyone is about anything.

But i'll bet my dog's life on this, if Bruce has already been told he will be in charge for the Spurs match, he would have leaked it to his baldy mate Luke or he himself would stop by at tne gates and proudly tell Downie and the rest, he's still in the job. Now can you dig that, suucckaaa???? 

He hasn't done that though...yet..

Edited by nufcjb

I assume we are trying to find his replacement before sacking him. That can be the only logical explanation for the hold up.

If anyone is worried, just remember that not once has he been mentioned on the clubs social media and not once has anyone come out in support of him from the top.

33 minutes ago, 54 said:

Sky still reporting he's fucking off fwiw.

Christ he looks so old there...not that I've paid much attention, but Sir Bob looked better than that for Shearers testimonial.

Time to retire Steve. Think you're a crap manager, but don't want you to die because of it

3 minutes ago, STM said:

I assume we are trying to find his replacement before sacking him. That can be the only logical explanation for the hold up.

If anyone is worried, just remember that not once has he been mentioned on the clubs social media and not once has anyone come out in support of him from the top.

Maybe they had the idea to give it to jones but on speaking to the players they have changed their minds ?