Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

If he’s in charge for the Spurs match btw, I genuinely hope we get beat and will be cheering on Spurs, fuck him celebrating a win on his 1000th game, I want him to be miserable for the rest of his life. Him losing his milestone game would be like a win for me. Yes I’m that petty, bitter and full of hate for him!

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

What has Shearer said to them, the creep. 

Has probably put a word in for him to be given an ambassadorial role alongside he and Keegan, due to his Newcastle roots and in honour of his parents of course.

I mean ... can you imagine if he remains in any kind of capacity. Wew, really feeling uneasy until they jettison the guy completely :lol:

I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before he gets pedalled, there’ll be many balls up in the air and contractual agreements to review before the trigger is pulled. 
If the sum that’s being quoted (£8m) is accurate than it doesn’t surprise me that it hasn’t been immediate, I’d be trying to find any reason as to reduce that figure regardless of how much money I had. 

Edited by PCW1983

I keep hearing this nonsense about giving Bruce his 1000th game. Has he got 999 for Newcastle? 999 Premier League games? What are people talking about? He isn't retiring and he'll get it at his next club ffs. 

2 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before he gets pedalled, there’ll be many balls up in the air and contractual agreements to review before the trigger is pulled. 
If the sum that’s being quoted (£8m) is accurate than it doesn’t surprise me that it hasn’t been immediate, I’d be trying to find any reason as to reduce that figure regardless of how much money I had. 

will give you your 1000th game, but you have to walk away with £2m.

Edited by huss9

11 minutes ago, Decky said:

I keep hearing this nonsense about giving Bruce his 1000th game. Has he got 999 for Newcastle? 999 Premier League games? What are people talking about? He isn't retiring and he'll get it at his next club ffs. 

I don’t think he’ll manage again tbh, by that I mean I don’t think a club will want him not just because of his record but because the whole of his time at NUFC has tarnished what reputation he had. 
It wouldn’t surprise me if the delay is because he is sticking to his guns and insisting on the full pay off because he knows it’s his last hurrah. 

7 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

I don’t think he’ll manage again tbh, by that I mean I don’t think a club will want him not just because of his record but because the whole of his time at NUFC has tarnished what reputation he had. 
It wouldn’t surprise me if the delay is because he is sticking to his guns and insisting on the full pay off because he knows it’s his last hurrah. 

Fans probably won’t want him but there’s plenty of clubs outside of the Premier League who would take him, especially when he has so many mates in the media promoting this idea that he’s a great manager.  

22 minutes ago, Decky said:

To be fair if he manages again it likely wont be in the Premier League, nor should it be. Your point still stands though!

9 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

He'll be back in the Championship in no time. 

1 hour ago, David Edgar said:

I'm not interested in his conduct, or wealth of experience.

The issue, and only issue here, is he's shit at being a football manager, and his "wealth of experience" is of being shit, tactically inept and losing games.

God it'll be depressing if he's there on Sunday.

Will legitimately be the first game I've watched since Rafa left, really excited to feel the atmosphere in SJP, the new beginning after a truly horrible decade.

Probably won't massively matter long term but Steve Bruce just represents so much of what we're trying to leave behind us. Feels like Sunday could be a day we remember for years to come and I don't want the guy to be part of it, simple as that.