Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

People have a right to question the decision to keep Bruce around for Sunday like, its a perfectly legitimate discussion.

And it rightly can be challenged back as over dramatic and too negative given context of how early in the season it is, how the owners have barely been here a few days and we know the structure of the clubs management is woefully thin to make changes without firm plans for who is coming in to replace.

We all want Bruce gone and I'm sure he will be replaced with someone better. I'm surprised people can't see bigger picture of it not really mattering too much as long as he does get replaced in the coming weeks. 

Christ, if things are this tetchy over instant sacking of Bruce there will be hell to pay if someone like Lampard or Gerrard gets the gig. :lol:

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

And it rightly can be challenged back as over dramatic and too negative given context of how early in the season it is, how the owners have barely been here a few days and we know the structure of the clubs management is woefully thin to make changes without firm plans for who is coming in to replace.

Fair enough, I agree in the long term, it probably won't make too much of a difference when he is eventually shown the exit, but that doesn't means giving him a stay of execution wouldn't be a mistake. I don't think its overdramatic or moaning to say as much.

It's more than that though. It's case of the atmosphere and feel good feeling on Sunday could be huge.

If we pick up a point or even better 3. That could be a real springboard into Palace and beyond.

That disgrace of a manger will only bring the fans and the players down. 

If nowt else, this little period of waiting is good for determining if people who were shite posters pre-takeover were shite because of Ashley or are just shite full-stop. Cheers Mandy.

45 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

What happens if he flukes a win and the plan was for the new manager  supposed to come in next Monday? Would be a PR disaster for the owners.

PR disaster? That's incredibly strong language. Not at all what I'd label a PR disaster. Sacking a man who's been shit in the PL his whole career with ~30% win rate off the back of one of his rare wins isn't even a negative at all.

10 minutes ago, hakka said:

PR disaster? That's incredibly strong language. Not at all what I'd label a PR disaster. Sacking a man who's been shit in the PL his whole career with ~30% win rate off the back of one of his rare wins isn't even a negative at all.

Sacking a man the day after a win, a week after they should have done it in the first place when everyone was expecting it? I have no problems with it personally but the owners own image as nice and respectful people would be weird a week after they seemingly were so. PR disaster is a strong language i agree. But they can avoid all that by just sacking him now should it be their plan eventually.

I'd sack the cunt just before as Sky goes on air before kick off for the laughs.

Edited by nufcjb

7 minutes ago, hakka said:

Exactly. If anything it would be a PR win as it shows that one good result doesn't atone for a season/career of garbage, and they've got a vision of more than the end of the next week

If we were mid-table and comfortable it would be fine to keep him on for a few more weeks. We aren't though. We could easily finish Sunday's game cut adrift from 17th place due to another moment of spectacular ineptitude from him, if he is allowed to continue. It's not worth the risk IMO and he should be binned before Sunday no matter what. 

I can understand the itch to get rid of him immediately but you can all have a very nice time even if Bruce is there on Sunday. 

It probably won’t even be that long. It doesn’t have to happen in the next five seconds. I would far rather they had their house in order and avoided making a stupid mistake than sack Bruce last Friday and go and hire the first idiot they spoke to. 

I'm confident that Bruce will be gone soon, maybe not in time for Sunday but his days are numbered here and I'm giving full faith to those in power that they must have good reasons why he is still here. Maybe Jones doesn't fancy it, maybe it's been communicated that the players don't want Jones in charge for it? Maybe Bruce's sacking will be a sidenote to the announcement of the new manager? 

11 minutes ago, Wandy said:

If we were mid-table and comfortable it would be fine to keep him on for a few more weeks. We aren't though. We could easily finish Sunday's game cut adrift from 17th place due to another moment of spectacular ineptitude from him, if he is allowed to continue. It's not worth the risk IMO and he should be binned before Sunday no matter what. 

You do realise we could still lose the Spurs game even if Bruce was sacked already? It's not a default position we win as long as he is sacked. It's our 8th game of the season. We've been in this level of shit after 20+ games under Bruce. Even if it took a few weeks to sack him and replace, we have a months for the new manager to sort out the club before January to bring in players to improve it.

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

You do realise we could still lose the Spurs game even if Bruce was sacked already? It's not a default position we win as long as he is sacked. It's our 8th game of the season. We've been in this level of shit after 20+ games under Bruce. Even if it took a few weeks to sack him and replace, we have a months for the new manager to sort out the club before January to bring in players to improve it.

Yeah I know, but if we lose under Bruce it will put everyone on a right downer. And we really have a horrible two months coming up so we cannot afford to take risks giving him even one more game IMO.

No point hoying a hissy fit if he is still there though. It does seem like they are putting a lot of thought into the footballing decisions, which gives reassurance that they are not going to be hoying money at mercenaries and journeymen in the transfer market.

Guest reefatoon

A day off man [emoji38]  It's the perfect life being a shit manager. Never go into work and get paid millions when they sack you off.