Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

2 hours ago, hakka said:

Yeah everything is ruined man. Totally with you. If we ever win a trophy in the next few years I won't be celebrating. All because of how incompetent the owners were for not sacking Bruce fast enough and tarnishing their first game against Spurs. :thup:

You’re being deliberately obtuse. Weird. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

You’re being deliberately obtuse. Weird. 

I tried to reason for patience and calm a lot already, as I maintain bigger picture and longer term success now we are free of Ashley is what matters most compared to who is in the dugout on Sunday. A bit more time with Bruce before it all goes the way we want is nothing to me, but if it's a problem for others then fair enough. It didn't feel like putting logical points forward were landing, so I was being obtuse to try a different angle and make same point. I regret that now, so I've removed those posts. Apologies. 

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

I tried to reason for patience and calm a lot already, as I maintain bigger picture and longer term success now we are free of Ashley is what matters most compared to who is in the dugout on Sunday. A bit more time with Bruce before it all goes the way we want is nothing to me, but if it's a problem for others then fair enough. It didn't feel like putting logical points forward were landing, so I was being obtuse to try a different angle and make same point. I regret that now, so I've removed those posts. Apologies. 

No worries. Thanks for being reasonable mate.

Him still being here on Sunday may actually end up being a positive for the result. In his eyes, he has something to prove to the new owners and everyone watching so you’d think that there would actually be some form of planning going into this game as his lack of managerial ability is fully on display now. We all know this won’t mean anything because the man is shite at his job, but maybe he can ride the high of the takeover and allow the players to get us a win. He will just be sacked soon after once the owners sort out the structure so I’m not overly concerned 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

Him still being here on Sunday may actually end up being a positive for the result. In his eyes, he has something to prove to the new owners and everyone watching so you’d think that there would actually be some form of planning going into this game as his lack of managerial ability is fully on display now. We all know this won’t mean anything because the man is shite at his job, but maybe he can ride the high of the takeover and allow the players to get us a win. He will just be sacked soon after once the owners sort out the structure so I’m not overly concerned 

You would think if he cared, had something to prove or was wanting to impress, he might actually be on the training pitch with the players instead of having most of the week off.

I really don't get this 1000th game thing. Who gives a shite other than him? If he's not the right man to manage us are we giving him a free game to just hit a milestone, in the Premier League? Crazy man. He's only 60 too so he will definitely manage again, wouldn't it be a better occasion for 1000 to be his first game in a new club?

Guest reefatoon

Like someone mentioned earlier, with his horrific record, you would think he would want it kept quiet. But no, this muppet seems to want a big fan fare around it. Look at me everyone, I have been utter wank now for 1000 games. 

I just can't get my head round the 'let's boo Bruce and give him stick" idea in the current circumstances. Don't applaud don't chant his name but any negativity towards any part if the club will be counterproductive so what's the point.

We know hes gone, the sooner the better, but if he's in the dug out on Sunday, will booing him benefit the team or be a negative ?

Yeah if he is still there on Sunday he has simply got to be ignored. And even if we lose, the ideal scenario would be to simply shuffle off and not say a word. That's not going to happen of course.

1 hour ago, deejeck said:

Really hoping that we hear something today, but one way or another we'll definitely know by this time tomorrow because isn't the club obliged to do a pre-match press conference?  They'll have to hoy someone in front of the cameras.

Yeah I think it’s premier league rules managers have to do the pre match press conference before a weekend game  

If the 1000 game milestone was any other manager you'd hear about it and think "Ah reet" and that's it.

It's this guy's greatest achievement though apparently, that he's managed to dupe so many clubs for so long. 

His comments about this the other day saying "It could only happen to me" sum the bloke up. Fucking patter vacuum. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

This is my prediction, he’ll give his pre match press conference and will announce himself that he’s going to step down at the end of the month and allow the new owners to get their own structure in place.

Not even that he's going to step down. More that he's staying short term to aid the transition.

Hopefully short term being as short as possible.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surely we should at least get some form of communication from the owners to tell us the actual plan going forward ?

Beyond " we are looking and in talks but we can't say who with" what can they say ?

7 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

This is my prediction, he’ll give his pre match press conference and will announce himself that he’s going to step down at the end of the month and allow the new owners to get their own structure in place.

Anything could happen, but this would not surprise me in the slightest as he'll be so keen to be seen as the hero.  He'll trot in on a robust white horse and wearing an XXXL suit of armour, make his announcement, then sweep Luke up into his arms and gallop off in the direction of Chicken Cottage.

18 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

If the 1000 game milestone was any other manager you'd hear about it and think "Ah reet" and that's it.

It's this guy's greatest achievement though apparently, that he's managed to dupe so many clubs for so long. 

His comments about this the other day saying "It could only happen to me" sum the bloke up. Fucking patter vacuum. 

Rafa achieved the same with us in the Championship and he kept it secret until after the game :lol: polar opposite to the clown we have now. 

‘Rafa Benitez kept his 1,000th game as a manager a secret this week. He passed the milestone just as he wanted – with no fuss, and nothing to distract from Newcastle's 2-0 win at Wigan and return to the top of the Championship.’

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Rafa achieved the same with us in the Championship and he kept it secret until after the game :lol: polar opposite to the clown we have now. 

‘Rafa Benitez kept his 1,000th game as a manager a secret this week. He passed the milestone just as he wanted – with no fuss, and nothing to distract from Newcastle's 2-0 win at Wigan and return to the top of the Championship.’

To think we replaced Rafa with him man. Urgh.

:lol: Forgot about that. If we lose on Sunday a reporter should ask if he thinks his celebrations caused a distraction, citing Rafa's more low key approach just a few years prior.

Or is this one of the naughty comparisons because it makes Bruce look a tit so we should actually stop shouting about Rafa all the time? I can never keep up with when we're allowed to compare the two.

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Had no idea about this. Just shows the difference between the two blokes really. 'Would just be my luck not to get my 1000th game'. Fucking prick.