Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Said this before if we were midtable and plodding I would say what's the harm and keep him here until we get all the ducks in a row sort of thing and see him bow out. Part of the reason people may seem so desperate to see him gone apart from the terrible football and shocking stats and form is that he is "Ashley's man"

The man that wouldnt put his hand in his pocket unless it was yielding a return paid compo for a man and give him such a lucrative contract in terms of reported compo he was scared of Bruce being poached by the big 6 at any time. 

4 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Moving what’s always been a 9.30am affair to 1.30pm is still a little suspicious like.

Is it that the media team simply still don’t know what might happen?

Still have to keep up with media obligations I suppose as we can't postpone things forever.

24 hours left to get him binned off before Sunday's game.

Edited by Sifu

Just now, nufcjmc said:

Said this before if we were midtable and plodding I would say what's the harm and keep him here until we get all the ducks in a row sort of thing and see him bow out. Part of the reason people may seem so desperate to see him gone apart from the terrible football and shocking stats and form is that he is "Ashley's man"

The man that wouldnt put his hand in his pocket unless it was yielding a return paid compo for a man and give him such a lucrative contract in terms of reported compo he was scared of Bruce being poached by the big 6 at any time. 

I mean there’s no guarantee, that getting rid of Bruce and his back room staff and sticking Jones in there will actually guarantee the three points either way. Hiring a manger, then a DOF, could set us back by a year atleast.

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

The idea that SB will go out and do the press conference tomorrow and then be in the dugout on Sunday is disgusting and shows if nothing else that our new owners are not as yet any of the things we would like them to be.

Get a grip man.

The idea that SB will go out and do the press conference tomorrow and then be in the dugout on Sunday is disgusting and shows if nothing else that our new owners are not as yet any of the things we would like them to be.

Disgusting :lol: it’s been six days you radge, we have had far more insidious bellends locked in than Bruce, you can survive a bit longer with him, I promise

its not like Pardew not being sacked for the 6th time two years overdue  

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

12 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

This "caught out by the quickness of the deal", I keep hearing, doesn't wash with me. And in fact, would be worrying. Like people spending that much money forget about it until one day...BAM! :lol: "Oh fuck, we've bought a football club, Amanda!". It's a mental train of thought. 

And it's massively melodramatic for you to talk of eye AIDS on people just continuing the dislike for Bruce. It was going on well before the takeover happened and said takeover changes nothing about his skills. So the conversation continues. We were all frustrated that MA was yet to sack him, so a new owner gave hope of immediate dismissal.

Understandably, after the crazy week we've had, people are still anxious about it. 

It’s not melodramatic at all. I can’t stand the bloke as much as the next person but just because we haven’t got rid of him yet people are freaking out. Ideally I’d like him out, if he’s there still would it freak me out? No. 

A clean slate would have been easier to do if it all just went the way the consortium wanted it to last yeah Rafa in and all the dross out simples. 

We keep getting told by the press that this U turn by the prem and the speed and which this all happened has blindsided the consortium a little which seems to be true and they ask for patience and wanting to review what was there. For us its very apparent for them its got to be a calculated risk, rightly or wrongly they feel that Bruce wasnt showing his best for the last 1000 games and he can do so much more when afforded the chance to or at the very least they need something to replace the nothing that is Bruce in order to keep the ship steady. 

Clearly waving a load of money around doesnt always make things go as quickly as you would like them to. 

People making excuses as to why Bruce hasn't been sacked yet, there's something wrong with you. Maybe after 14 years of absolute shit you think it's acceptable to continue down that road with keeping Bruce as manager with no indication as for how long or if he's going to be replaced at all.

Just now, Away Toon said:

People making excuses as to why Bruce hasn't been sacked yet, there's something wrong with you. Maybe after 14 years of absolute shit you think it's acceptable to continue down that road with keeping Bruce as manager with no indication as for how long or if he's going to be replaced at all.

I don't think they're the people who have something wrong with them, to be honest :lol:

4 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Put your finger in your mouth and say “red” backwards.

State of the fucking bedwetting going on from some people in here is absolutely cringeworthy. 
this time last week MA still ran the club. That’s LAST WEEK, not last month or last year. Fuck me man!

If all however many thousand of us sat down together and drew up a list of what needs doing, then worked out how to do it, then released the money to do it, then brought in lawyers to do it, it would be literal months before they took away his takeaway gift card 

:lol: It's been a week.

And this is from someone who really doesn't want to see his mashed up candlewax excuse of a face on Sunday.

My worry with this is that if we win on Sunday, with him in the dugout, then you'll have literally everyone in the media telling us he needs a chance to prove himself for the coming games (more so than some already are).

I'm not too bothered as we have what we wanted in terms of ownership now, but can't pretend it doesn't sort of spoil Sunday a little. Wanted it to be a clean break from Ashley - but he will go soon, so can't complain.

I’ve had far more than 14 years of shit mate, hence when we’re given a once in a life time opportunity like this, this doesn’t bother too much as there’s a much bigger picture to consider

Come to think of it, what with new owners, has Craig Hope's ban been lifted? If so and Bruce does end up speaking to the media tomorrow, I hope Craig gets the opportunity to have a go at Bruce and destroy him.

SB is going to be getting some serious shit on Sunday if we go behind from the crowd, I cant see in any way that that is the kind of message that this new supposedly shiny NUFC wants to send out as a first impression to the millions that will be watching the game.

SB is going to be getting some serious shit on Sunday if we go behind from the crowd, I cant see in any way that that is the kind of message that this new supposedly shiny NUFC wants to send out as a first impression to the millions that will be watching the game.

It’s not ideal at all but in a few years when we’re in champion league and near the top of the table no-one will give a fuck