Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Wew, Twitter wants its patter back.

Right? The immediacy in which the takeover happened has skewed logic in some of our supporters thinking.

We’re run at another level now and every decision will be calculated, concise, with every outcome measured for accountability. 

I expect we’re being operated moving forward in a model that is insight and data driven over opinion. Rather than Ashley’s inner circle of muppets. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

SB is going to be getting some serious shit on Sunday if we go behind from the crowd, I cant see in any way that that is the kind of message that this new supposedly shiny NUFC wants to send out as a first impression to the millions that will be watching the game.

At the start of last week it looked like he was going to be stood in the dugout forever, just relax man :lol:

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

You know you have made it big when Fab starts tweeting about you, can’t wait for the here we go tweets in Jan.

Also going of that tweet I’m still hoping it’s conte because he for me would be the one that discussions would take the longest over.

Guest reefatoon

"Hey Steve, we think you are shit and want shot of you, but can you hang around a little longer please until we find a replacement. Thanks".   We thought his team pep talks were negative before that [emoji38]

Edited by reefatoon

21 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

The idea that SB will go out and do the press conference tomorrow and then be in the dugout on Sunday is disgusting and shows if nothing else that our new owners are not as yet any of the things we would like them to be.

Fuck me. They've been here a week for goodness sake. I'm sorry but any non Newcastle fans reading this thread will have every right to call us deluded. 

They'd look a lot more amateur if they sack Bruce and his crew and we didn't have anyone to take training next week

They obviously didn't expect the takeover to go through this quick after the CAT case. We'll be ok but they have to get a DOF in to make the decisions. Do we really want another Ashley type setup where people that know fuck all about football make all the wrong decisions 

1 minute ago, Bishops Finger said:

Fuck me. They've been here a week for goodness sake. I'm sorry but any non Newcastle fans reading this thread will have every right to call us deluded. 

They'd look a lot more amateur if they sack Bruce and his crew and we didn't have anyone to take training next week

They obviously didn't expect the takeover to go through this quick after the CAT case. We'll be ok but they have to get a DOF in to make the decisions. Do we really want another Ashley type setup where people that know fuck all about football make all the wrong decisions 

Sounds like we are going to get a manager first going of that Fab tweet above 

13 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

SB is going to be getting some serious shit on Sunday if we go behind from the crowd, I cant see in any way that that is the kind of message that this new supposedly shiny NUFC wants to send out as a first impression to the millions that will be watching the game.

I think a bigger problem would be if we win as far as retaining Bruce goes. Personally I don't think we'll see much protests against Bruce anyway, people will still be in a party mood about the takeover. 

I would have preferred Bruce to have been dismissed straight away, but I don't pretend to know the intricacies of dealing with these issues. He's still going to get sacked pretty soon and that's good enough for me. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think a bigger problem would be if we win as far as retaining Bruce goes. Personally I don't think we'll see much protests against Bruce anyway, people will still be in a party mood about the takeover. 

I would have preferred Bruce to have been dismissed straight away, but I don't pretend to know the intricacies of dealing with these issues. He's still going to get sacked pretty soon and that's good enough for me. 

I doubt we will have to worry about a win now he’s in charge tbh.

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

"Hey Steve, we think you are shit and want shot of you, but can you hang around a little longer please until we find a replacement. Thanks".   We thought his team pep talks were negative before that [emoji38]

Realistically they won't be asking Bruce if he can please hang around a little longer. The fat cunt isn't going anywhere until he's been paid off, so why would we need to beg him to stay?

He's just not been sacked yet, he knows it's coming, if he's hanging around it's of his own choice. PIF are just leaving him there looking like an unwanted pet pig while they sort out an upgrade. 

I also think people/ neautrals should come away from the ground thinking “ what a brilliant atmosphere imagine what it will be like if this lot finally win something”, rather than “fuck me, this lot won the lottery and they’re still not happy? Spoiled already these cunts”.

imagine being a player too seeing the scenes when the news broke, buzzing for the game, and then the fans are more interested in harassing the manager than supporting the team.

1 minute ago, Minto1959 said:

Can anyone confirm that clubs aren’t allowed to talk to replacement managers with a one still in place?

officially I don't think they can but most do anyway via agents or whatever, see how quickly clubs generally have a replacement on hand when they sack someone mid season. Different post season as you aren't under pressure to get someone in so can do a more extensive search 

I think if it was down to the minority owners he'd already be gone. Clearly everything needs to be signed off by PIF. Which makes sense - but you would hope the decision process can become more elastic with greater delegation going forward as this could cause issues.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

I think if it was down to the minority owners he'd already be gone. Clearly everything needs to be signed off by PIF. Which makes sense - but you would hope the decision process can become more elastic with greater delegation going forward as this could cause issues.

Supposedly the appointment of a MD or CEO will help speed up decisions otherwise I agree it would be problematic 

regardless of whether sacking Bruce is the right decision to brief to the media basically: "lol he sacked before Spurs" without having everything ready to go was a stupid idea rather than some non committal line like going to make a full assessment of the club etc etc then sack him when your ready 

As much as I want him gone before Sunday, it all makes sense, really.

Not only do they need to find a manager, but a DOF. They need to make sure whoever they pick for each can work together seamlessly.

As others have pointed out, sack Steve and the Steves and who's left? I still think it'd be more beneficial to do it and call up some youth coaches for a few weeks or something. :lol: But I get entirely why a fresh pair of eyes on the situation are taking a pragmatic stance of not culling an already bare-bones staff and risking utter chaos while they put together the team.

There's only so much they could put in place in advance, isn't there? 'Hey <insert coveted manager's name here>, we're hoping to buy a football club soon but don't know when. Just in case, could you keep your diary free pls ty'. If that was the case Rafa would've been walking through the door with them. You can sound people out but only so much when you can't offer a single contract or promise until the takeover completes.

During the furious 'he'll be gone in 48 hours' backtrack, various sources have said the reason is that PIF need to green light his binning.

As if the 80% majority stake holder having the final say and being involved in all major restructuring has come totally out of the blue on Thursday. It's total bollocks man.

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

As others have pointed out, sack Steve and the Steves and who's left?

Is there something I've missed? I've asked in this thread previously without any source or reference being given. I see many others using this argument too but where do the notion that all first team coaching staff will leave if they sack Bruce come from? If Bruce had another job lined up I could see the risk that he might bring them with him, but there's no incentive for them to leave now if he got sacked. Maybe if they were honorable and loyal Bruce fans and decided to leave in solidarity (which I strongly doubt as they would most likely miss out on compensation). There's no indication that they are a package deal.