Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Went on the stadium tour yesterday as I was up for a funeral this week.

As part of the tour we were taken into the directors area, then not 1 minute later, security turned up and ushered us all out as quick as possible, then a load of media made their way in. I was immediately aroused thinking cabbage heed had been binned.

Turns out it was just about the boxing and a load of boxers had all turned up to do promo work :explode:

3 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Agreed, in press conferences he has shown himself to be a petty wanker. 

Yup. Forgot that one. :thup:

No coincidence the main target of his ire seems to have become Lee bloody Ryder. I'm not a fan by all means but it's ironically for the reason that Bruce should love him; he's the most nothing journalist about. :lol:

Edited by wormy

29 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I’m actually prepared to accept that he’s a decent guy.  A lot of people genuinely seem to like him and he does seem quite affable. But what cannot be argued is that he is a shit football manager and horribly out of his depth in the PL. Pundits refuse to separate experience from ability and personality from managerial record and it is fucking infuriating because the facts are readily available and don’t lie.

If Bruce was a renowned total wanker of a person but had some managerial talent, he’d get an easier ride. 

I haven’t seen or heard anything that suggests he’s a nice guy. Some players like him, ok. Probably because he’s the opposite of a demanding manager.

I think Bruce can be a nice / likeable person to be in a room with and talk to,  while at same time be a petulant incompetent arsehole in all aspects of his management career. Similar thing with Ashley, people that have met him seem to say he's alright guy to talk to, but fuck, we all know his actions are fucking terrible. Whether it be how his SD workers have been treated over the years or what he's done to our club and us. 

16 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s not a nice guy, you don’t treat clubs the way he has over the years if you’re a decent man, see Rafa, Sir Bobby, now they are/were good men. He’s in it for himself and himself only. 

I know it's semantics, but for me a decent guy and a good man are very different things. Rafa - decent guy and a good man, Keegan the same and Sir Bobby - decent guy and a wonderful man. I don't think Bruce has the emotional depth or intelligence to be a good man in the same way those mentioned are. I think he's thick and has the emotional depth of a potato and that's why he contradicts himself, ham-fistedly deflects attention without considering the comeback and consequences etc. But the picture of Bruce as a calculating manipulator trying to pull the wool over people's eyes i just don't buy. He's more likely a good-to-have-a-beer-with decent guy that ties himself in knots because he's thick. The way he manages a football team and conducts himself in front of a camera might not be a true reflection of the person he is, but they're hard things to separate when we're so invested in the fortunes of the club he manages.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Anyone know if we can watch it live anywhere, the press conference. Legally of course. 

Get a job working as a football correspondent working for a media company and get assigned to covering Newcastle United. If your hurry you might make it.

3 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

I know it's semantics, but for me a decent guy and a good man are very different things. Rafa - decent guy and a good man, Keegan the same and Sir Bobby - decent guy and a wonderful man. I don't think Bruce has the emotional depth or intelligence to be a good man in the same way those mentioned are. I think he's thick and has the emotional depth of a potato and that's why he contradicts himself, ham-fistedly deflects attention without considering the comeback and consequences etc. But the picture of Bruce as a calculating manipulator trying to pull the wool over people's eyes i just don't buy. He's more likely a good-to-have-a-beer-with decent guy that ties himself in knots because he's thick. The way he manages a football team and conducts himself in front of a camera might not be a true reflection of the person he is, but they're hard things to separate when we're so invested in the fortunes of the club he manages.

https://true-faith.co.uk/steve-bruce-subject-of-housing-protest-outside-st-james-park/ Thank God he doesn't conduct his landlord work in front of a camera, eh. How much worse would this have been. :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

This press conference will be an absolute shitshow - a total mess.

The only way it won't be is if Bruce isnt asked about his future.

I assume Bruce will say something along the lines of he’s been given a chance to show what he can do 

I don’t think it’s indicative of their long term decision making and there are definitely exciting times round the corner but binning Bruce really was an easy early win for them for a clean break and a new era. 

I don’t care what anyone says, it’s going to take the shine off Sunday and the focus is all going to be on him. Not just from the fans but the media too. Look at what they are saying already about our ‘treatment’ of him. 

17 minutes ago, Collage said:

I haven’t seen or heard anything that suggests he’s a nice guy. Some players like him, ok. Probably because he’s the opposite of a demanding manager.

I would like my boss if i only had to work 3 or 4 days a week

15 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

Man he claims to be an NUFC supporter but he managed sunderland for years and slated us along the way. He is the definition of a prick with zero class, should never be mentioned in the same sentence as KK or Sir Bob

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, HTT II said:

He’s not a nice guy, you don’t treat clubs the way he has over the years if you’re a decent man, see Rafa, Sir Bobby, now they are/were good men. He’s in it for himself and himself only. 

You are right, he isn't at all. Anyone who uses the death of a loved one to garner sympathy and then use that to hide your deficiencies behind is fucking disgusting. Last week when the takeover happened, for him then to use that line about how he is glad they are not around to witness the abuse he has taken, was absolutely lifting and shows what a reprehensible character he really is. Steve Bruce only cares about Steve Bruce.

Fucking hell, I am getting annoyed with myself for going on about him. It really shouldn't be like that with everything else going on. Can't wait for the day he is gone.

Edited by reefatoon