Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Just now, kisearch said:

Keeping Bruce hanging around the place when his results are crap and he and everyone knows he's done for, while they look for someone else seems canny weird to me like, even in a non-footballing sense. 

Bit like when we had Rafa on Tyneside and McLaren still taking training[emoji38]

I wanted him gone, of course, but this statement is actually really refreshing. Spouting pure speculation here, but I think the changes that need to be made at the club are so vast, it's almost like "where do we start first." So keeping Bruce at the helm for a week or so probably just took a bit of pressure off while they sorted out a whole list of other issues.

I want us to win, because we've got our club back. 

Guest reefatoon

We need some points out of this one. Hope this doesn't mess around with the players heads too. They know the manager is out the door at some point, seems weird having him there trying to give team talks when they know he will be getting peddled. Will leave a very strange atmosphere and situation.

Aye my thinking is I’m disappointed but they are thinking of the bigger picture and you can’t knock them for thinking disrupting the management and coaches before an important game without a replacement yet is a bad idea

Really, really hope they don't make a huge thing of it being his 1000th game. Presentation or what not. 

If they do, and I really prefer if there wasn't any negativity in SJP on Sunday if we can help it (more likely now considering will probably behind for large spells), I hope the fucker is booed from start to finish.

When Spurs fans inevitably sing 'SACKED IN THE MORNING', I hope we join in. 

I can live with it for Sunday, just because of how it all went through so fast and they've probably walked into a shitstorm, but it's still a very poor decision in my book and does put a minor blot on what should be a fantastic occasion. 

As others have touched on, hopefully we can all just ignore him as if he wasn't there, but fuck him. 

Build a fucking bonfire with the SD signs and get Bruce and Charnley to do the manual work. Both reminders of a horrible period in our history and the sooner they are gone, the better.

Fair play for addressing it though, that is more than welcome. Communication is going to be key, as well as alien to us after 14 years of fuck all.

Guest reefatoon

Sounds like they have got a little caught up in this pathetic 1000 game malarky. How is that an achievement anyway when you have been utter piss through the majority of it. Such a pile of shite like. No place for sentiment when we are down the bottom of the league with no wins.

As soon as we get this ridiculous Steve Bruce Day out of the way, we can eventually look onwards and upwards.

9 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Always thought rolling meant that there was always the length of the contract remaining.

Sir Bobby had a 1 year rolling one for his entire time here

Suppose it depends on the details

You could be right and I guess nobody really knows as you said it depends on the details. 

I just can't see the club even under Mike and Charnley sorting a contract without some kind of get out. 

Anyway I believe we are in the end days of his reign, hopefully talks with others are on going and once we know who will take over he will be peddled quickly.

8 minutes ago, James said:

Let’s assume for simplicity that the end of contract and notice requirement date is 30th June.

Bruce’s contract is until 30th June 2024

If neither party serves notice by 30th June 2022, then his contract is extended until 30th June 2025

This must be a detail thing....

Every rolling contract i've dealt with means that if its a 3 yr rolling, then there are 3 years left every day until notice/termination is served.

Obviously we don't know specifics, but having to pay out a full 3 years would explain the 8m figure if the mini-steves are included

Anyway, oh well. Useful to get the clarity. I just want to look forward to the day now. I said in the moments shortly after the amazing news on Thursday that it's a shame there's no football, because the discussion is going to be exhausting.

And it really has been; elated as I was at the initial news, anxiety has gradually become the overriding emotion. The uncertainty around Bruce; the attitude towards the supporters from certain voices (that suggestion that we shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it); and - above all - the fear that, despite the most important thing that could possibly happen happening - a fear that I'm not gonna get 'the feeling' back. 

Just desperate to get up there on Sunday and soak in matchday. That's what it's all about, ultimately. 

She's saying there's going to be change right before his big press conference as well. [emoji38]

But he's been very professional, apparently.

Yep, turned up at the canteen at opening time every day on the dot. Even on his days off.

He’ll soon crumble under the added attention. His dire management has been allowed to slip under the radar for ages but with the scrutiny he’ll be under now, it won’t be long until he’s properly exposed by those who don’t share an agent/agenda with him.

Edited by BennyBlanco

5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

We need some points out of this one. Hope this doesn't mess around with the players heads too. They know the manager is out the door at some point, seems weird having him there trying to give team talks when they know he will be getting peddled. Will leave a very strange atmosphere and situation.

Each and every player will have their head messed with....not because Bruce may or may not be leaving, but more because they will have to either start justifying their wage/performance ratio, or start looking for new clubs where they wouldn't get half of what we pay them

5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Sounds like they have got a little caught up in this pathetic 1000 game malarky. How is that an achievement anyway when you have been utter piss through the majority of it. Such a pile of shite like. No place for sentiment when we are down the bottom of the league with no wins.

As soon as we get this ridiculous Steve Bruce Day out of the way, we can eventually look onwards and upwards.

They clearly haven’t like. They are just making a decision it’s best not to disrupt things with no new manager ready yet 

Good communication but bad decision and not a good situation.

Take the gloss off the day on Sunday, leave the club run by a dead man walking who is proven to be useless, allow him to face the media while awaiting the sack. Seems an error to me, albeit one which won’t matter in a few weeks time. 

Sad if Sunday ends up some decent atmosphere followed by a terrible performance and losing to Spurs while booing Bruce. 

They must either have been charmed by Bruce or have no confidence in Jones as caretaker. Or they value process over the effect on the atmosphere, which is probably sensible but not quite what I’d like to see. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

My problem with 'ignoring' him on Sunday is, he and his media mates have made it all about him. 

'oh its his 1000th game, oh he had his hands tied under Ashley, oh he needs to be be given a chance to prove himself'. ' 'Bruce is a nice guy, feel sorry for Bruce, he is a human being'. What the fuck? He has managed this club for 3 years and we're even more worse than before he took over.

It's all about Bruce this, Bruce that. He'll get millions in compo for ruining his suppposed 'boyhood club'. If this was not made into a big deal 1000th game and we weren't shit under him, no one would abuse him in the first place. And he's arrogant too, the cunt.

Edited by nufcjb

I really don't think it's that big a deal tbh. Relegation isn't a material threat at all, regardless of our current situation. We're far from adrift and there's absolutely shitloads of games left to play, plus a new manager to come in, plus January. The important thing is that they intend to peddle him as soon as they feel they can. 

If I hadn't got more clarity on the Bruce contract situation I'd be pretty concerned and disappointed about right now, but given the circumstances, despite wanting him gone, I understand why and I am prepared to give new owners time to find a way to get rid of Bruce in the cheapest way possible. Would still have liked them to ask Bruce to step away from training and match duties as a bare minimum but can also see there's also good arguments for letting him continue.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, tgarve said:

They clearly haven’t like. They are just making a decision it’s best not to disrupt things with no new manager ready yet 

Disrupt what? Keeping him hanging around is more of a disruption. It's not like we have been nice and settled and cruising through games while he has been here.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Yorkie said:

I'm dubious about how much of an impact he's actually having at the weekend anyway tbh. Players will be playing for themselves and I think we'll win. 

This is what we can hope for.