Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Good communication but bad decision and not a good situation.

Take the gloss off the day on Sunday, leave the club run by a dead man walking who is proven to be useless, allow him to face the media while awaiting the sack. Seems an error to me, albeit one which won’t matter in a few weeks time. 

Sad if Sunday ends up some decent atmosphere followed by a terrible performance and losing to Spurs while booing Bruce. 

They must either have been charmed by Bruce or have no confidence in Jones as caretaker. 

Wouldn't say a bad decision, but more a decision ultimately forced on them.

Without someone already lined up and ready to go, a week is no time at all in recruitment...could take longer than that to even get a response from someone.

Given the skeleton nature of the entire club staff, keeping someone on till you can replace them makes perfect sense no matter how terrible they obviously are.

It would not surprise me if they were told to find their own way to Charnleys office on day 1 rather than being taken there by a staff member. 

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Disrupt what? Keeping him hanging around is more of a disruption. It's not like we have been nice and settled and cruising through games while he has been here.

Disrupt the fact we have a game.

take emotion out of it and it’s not that weird a decision 

39 minutes ago, HTT II said:

In short, here, have your 1000th game then fuck off, I hope he gets absolutely dogs abuse at the weekend and I hope Spurs twat us just to ruin ‘his’ special day. Fuck him, one game won’t make a difference anyway.

I commented pretty much this on the NUFC Facebook post about it and some numpty replied calling me a joke and saying I shouldn't want the crowd to give him hell. It's entirely his fucking fault we're in 19th with no wins. Hope he cries himself to sleep on Sunday night.

13 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Good communication but bad decision and not a good situation.

This, in a nut shell. 

Normally you sack the dead man walking and let the assistant manager take charge for 2-3 games.

It’s just a symptom of not having any football people employed at the minute, everything is being managed from afar leading to indecision. Once we get a sporting/football director in everything should be a lot smoother.

In my opinion they’ve played this really well, it will placate the media types who are itching to trash us and more importantly it diverts the conversation away from negativity.

Give the fat cunt his send off, he thinks he’s up there with Fergie, let him think that.

I’ll be hoping we fluke a win, we need the points.

And then after we can just get on with it.

Since this is now to be all about Steve's big 1000 game day on Sunday, hope they present him with a printed piece of A4 congratulating him on this milestone in the centre circle, right before the game.

Before unfurling a 100ft colour montage of all the trophies he's won in that time.

At first I was completely against him being in the dugout for the Spurs match. But, considering the statement from Staveley - again, communication! - and the fact that everyone, including Bruce, knows he's not long for the job, most everyone will understand the nature of the situation and just get on with it.

That said, Staveley/Ghordoussi need to figure out a way to speed up decision-making from PIF side. We can't have every decision being mulled over for days in Riyadh before acting. Especially in January.

1 minute ago, Memphis said:

That said, Staveley/Ghordoussi need to figure out a way to speed up decision-making from PIF side. We can't have every decision being mulled over for days in Riyadh before acting. Especially in January.

Yeah, hopefully this is more about the availability of a new manager. When the structure of the club is in place, you would think those people will have much greater autonomy on this kind of thing. 

Amanda going for broke here .....If Bruce manages to win the game, he gets the full 8M payout without delay. If he loses, he only gets 70% of it. Bruce can do without the 30% if he gets to sign off his managerial career on a high - 1000th game and a Win 

Just now, cosmic said:

Amanda going for broke here .....If Bruce manages to win the game, he gets the full 8M payout without delay. If he loses, he only gets 70% of it. Bruce can do without the 30% if he gets to sign off his managerial career on a high - 1000th game and a Win 

?