Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I mean, he has a point about the reporting that has gone on this week, and it does make you wonder who the source was. This is a wake-up call for the owners about what is to come. This club has always been a media feeding frenzy, and that has now been cranked up a million-fold, so they are going to need to step up their game and get all of their ducks in a row to avoid PR farces and keep the media sharks at bay.

If he can get 2 wins from the next 2 games before being peddled then I don't mind tolerating him for another week or so. But I've got zero confidence that he can do that. We just have to hope that the players get the results despite his ineptitude.

I really, really hope he gets zero attention from the crowd on Sunday, even if we lose badly. These owners are results-focused and they don't need pantomime booing to let them know that Bruce needs to go.

And I'm sorry, anyone hoping for a bad loss needs to give their heads a shake. We are deep in the shit with the fixtures we have ahead of us, and desperately need the win tomorrow.

Edited by Wandy

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Comfortably the worst post I've read this year. You have managed to capture all the worst traits of a football fan there.

look at this guy bragging he doesn't read the food thread.

22 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

The bloke is an utter cunt. He’s embarrassing.

We are a matter of weeks away from him fucking off, just a matter of time thankfully. 

harsh on heero imo

Edited by TaylorJ_01

18 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I mean, he has a point about the reporting that has gone on this week, and it does make you wonder who the source was. This is a wake-up call for the owners about what is to come. This club has always been a media feeding frenzy, and that has now been cranked up a million-fold, so they are going to need to step up their game and get all of their ducks in a row to avoid PR farces and keep the media sharks at bay.

If he can get 2 wins from the next 2 games before being peddled then I don't mind tolerating him for another week or so. But I've got zero confidence that he can do that. We just have to hope that the players get the results despite his ineptitude.

I really, really hope he gets zero attention from the crowd tomorrow, even if we lose badly. These owners are results-focused and they don't need pantomime booing to let them know that Bruce needs to go.

And I'm sorry, anyone hoping for a bad loss needs to give their heads a shake. We are deep in the shit with the fixtures we have ahead of us, and desperately need the win tomorrow.

...which is why it's a bit of an own goal to keep a hold of him even for one or two more games. His record is utter, utter dog shit, and is not likely to improve, given his past 20 years. He has absolutely no idea what he is doing. His presence is just fucking toxic, and the sooner they jettison him, the better for the club.

13 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

...which is why it's a bit of an own goal to keep a hold of him even for one or two more games. His record is utter, utter dog shit, and is not likely to improve, given his past 20 years. He has absolutely no idea what he is doing. His presence is just fucking toxic, and the sooner they jettison him, the better for the club.

I don't disagree with you on that, and I'd have peddled him immediately. But the point is that the owners have not handled the media side of this well at all. They have allowed the story, that he was getting sacked, to remain out there all week and then done the opposite. It's not a good look.

This club and its owners are going to be scrutinised to a degree that I'm not sure the owners have yet realised, and the media will be looking to sabotage us and create a shit storm at every turn. This week should be a quick wake-up call for them.

1 hour ago, duo said:

Consortium have made a shambles of this imo- totally out of touch if they don't realise HOW unpopular that decision would be to keep Bruce in charge. Feels like they've no plan and are making it up as they go along, which is strange considering how long this saga has been going in for.

I don't even own the team, silly boy...oh...THAT Consortium...

He's gone as soon as this details are sorted and he knows it, everything about his demeanour was downbeat, he is a broken man using what little time he has left to get frustrated at anyone around him (journalists)

Obnoxious, petulant stain on the club that is soon to be removed

Watched his interview or whatever it was supposed to be, it certainly wasn't a pre match press conference. However if you watch it muted and just look at him and his body language, then its obvious, he's broken ,he already knows something, and he appears deeply upset, I think he's genuinely gutted.

A broken man.

I think he should call it a day after this, 8m is a fortune, so its not like he needs to continue. 

Annoyed as I am that he’s here, I have come round to thinking that they obviously see the most important figure as a DOF. From there head coach change will happen. So I guess he’s here until a DOF is appointed and a coach is identified. Dicing with the devil somewhat. 

Edited by alijmitchell

Think it's a huge mistake not to bin him this week. We'll not know for certain until 6.30 on Sunday night how big a mistake it is, he could even spawn a win and it'll settle everyone down again but that seems unlikely. 

Taking their time to appoint the right people is the absolute best way to do it though, if they need to wait a month or 2 for their men to become available then so be it. It's a huge appointment and they need to get it right. That doesn't mean that Bruce needed to remain in charge, those are 2 separate decisions imo. Sacking Bruce and replacing him are 2 individual actions that absolutely need to be taken. Removing Bruce should have been done at the start of the week, it's going to happen so it might as well have happened as soon as possible. Appointing the new bloke is the key, important one, sacking Bruce was the no-brainer and they've got it wrong, again imo. 

Crowd reaction to him will be interesting on Sunday as will his reaction to it and the result itself. We're now less likely to win with him in the dugout which compounds the problem and the table will look pretty grim on Sunday night. Wonder how long it takes for them to regret it?

It is a given he is gone, just a matter of when. He can sit there and be hopeful about winning them over and mention how "they told me to just carry on until he hears different". He even mentions they have not talked about his future beyond that. 

Sure there is a small possibility once the review is done they could say we are keeping you on for now but even with that as a very worst case scenario the fact they haven't told him from the start means it is a matter of time until he is replaced. They will sort the DOF and maybe CEO, then hire a manager. I expect in addition to recommending DOF choices, Brown and McParland will offer the new DOF their list.  Best case scenario they are waiting to unveil them all at once and it will happen early next week. 

We have waited long enough for this to happen a few weeks more is fine, even if we are so close to expunging him. Spurs was always going to be a tough potential start for a new manager or Jones, even if its winnable given our record against Spurs. Eyes will be on the Palace game if they can sort the DOF to a point they get their choice of manager hired imo.  

It’s a really poor decision, imo.

This turns Sunday into a day all about him, which will also bring negativity around what should be a fresh start.

I think it’s clear from the media leaks that PIF are unwilling to allow them to can him until we have a replacement lined up. Usually, I’d agree that’s sensible. However, in this situation it’s not.

It shows that PIF haven’t read the room regarding Bruce. Hopefully when we have proper football people in place, it’ll improve.

That said, Staveley’s statement is great communication that we’ve been starved from. It also shows they have no faith in Bruce and want to bin him.

“Change does not always happen overnight”. I just hope their change processes aren’t as lengthy as Bruce trying to change a team :lol: 

An ideal solution is that we win, but Bruce is heckled and booed from start to finish. Pardew levels of booing every time he leaves the bench.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

He shouldn’t be there on Sunday, he sounded very bitter in his presser. Pay him up and ship him out. He’s going to get so much media sympathy on Sunday no matter which way the game goes. The game should be a celebration, there’s real danger it’ll turn into a circus with that clown on the sidelines feeling sorry for the millions his about to get paid. Absurd.