Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

So sick of the sight of this God-awful character and his seriously low IQ and defensive outbursts. He's had dozens of opportunities to display humility and to get the fans even a little onside and he's wasted every one, from the first day to now. So tired of the media and the hard-done-by narrative that continually gets spewed. I doubt there's another manager would get this sort of universal media backing, with nothing of substance to support it. Every single day he continues to represent NUFC and be the manager makes me want to vomit. It's a truly sick marriage and the sooner it's over the better.

Just seen the interview, that was painful to watch. Goodness knows why he’s carrying on with the job, he looks completely broken, so much so I’m a bit worried for his health tbh. Let’s hope for both sides he’ll be replaced soon, if we want to be a premier league team next season we have points to get on the board a.s.a.p

Sunday will be about the club. Sunday will be about a fresh start and real hope. It won’t be about Bruce at all. There will be a few misguided journalists who will bring it up but by and large everyone knows his time has come and most accept it as the right decision.

As long as the supporters are behind the team, as long as the signs are about the club and not Bruce, it really won’t matter all that much. It won’t ruin the occasion for me, that I will tell you. I won’t let it. 

18 minutes ago, toontownman said:

It is a given he is gone, just a matter of when. He can sit there and be hopeful about winning them over and mention how "they told me to just carry on until he hears different". He even mentions they have not talked about his future beyond that. 

Sure there is a small possibility once the review is done they could say we are keeping you on for now but even with that as a very worst case scenario the fact they haven't told him from the start means it is a matter of time until he is replaced. They will sort the DOF and maybe CEO, then hire a manager. I expect in addition to recommending DOF choices, Brown and McParland will offer the new DOF their list.  Best case scenario they are waiting to unveil them all at once and it will happen early next week. 

We have waited long enough for this to happen a few weeks more is fine, even if we are so close to expunging him. Spurs was always going to be a tough potential start for a new manager or Jones, even if its winnable given our record against Spurs. Eyes will be on the Palace game if they can sort the DOF to a point they get their choice of manager hired imo.  

It really does need to be quick though, we could be adrift at the bottom before too long. It’s quite possible we might not win until we get a new manager. 

The fact they waited until the 11th hour before issuing that statement before his press conference goes to show they’ve been trying desperately to get rid of him before. :lol: 

It was clearly the cut off, before accepting defeat and allowing him to manage us on Sunday.

It is a poor decision regardless of what they are trying to do, if he wins then people outside of the club will be saying he deserves a chance under the new regime and that he didn't get the support needed working with Ashley, if he loses the fans will be booing him and the team and all the buzz from last week will go down, meaning they will set themselves back.

It makes me cringe every time this tit gets in front of a camera. When you consider the fact that we had managers like SBR and Rafa, who would behave with such dignity and class as the public face of the club. These were times you could be proud of NUFC as the man leading us always represented the club in a positive way.

Compare them to this petulant man child. The week after the biggest day (potentially) in our club's modern history and his first opportunity at an interview he is making everything about himself, telling journalists he hopes they get a slap, dragging our name through the mud, yet again. This why everyone wants him gone ASAP. 

Really shit decision not to get rid before Sunday.

There's absolutely no way the guy adds anything positive to the team's preparation and now it's an unnecessary cloud of negativity hanging over what should be a completely joyous day.

Shouldn't matter long term, all this season is about is making sure we stay up and find the right DOF and manager to lead us into next summer. Should be easily done so no panic but not great to see the new owners make such a shit decision almost immediately :lol:

1 hour ago, STM said:

Comfortably the worst post I've read this year. You have managed to capture all the worst traits of a football fan there.

Oh give over - Bruce is a toxic presence at the club and the press conference today just highlighted why he needed to go. 

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Really shit decision not to get rid before Sunday.

There's absolutely no way the guy adds anything positive to the team's preparation and now it's an unnecessary cloud of negativity hanging over what should be a completely joyous day.

Shouldn't matter long term, all this season is about is making sure we stay up and find the right DOF and manager to lead us into next summer. Should be easily done so no panic but not great to see the new owners make such a shit decision almost immediately :lol:

100% this, this season is about staying up and getting the key appointments right, so the building blocks are in place moving forward. The CEO and as you say the DoF along with the manager are vital.

6 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

There's absolutely no reason for Sunday to be "all about him". 

It won't, but he should just be gone.

It's like we've just got out of a long term abusive relationship and are throwing a party to celebrate. It's great, wonderful. Yet for some reason our ex's stupid fucking sister who was living there for some reason and always treated you like shit too is still living in the house so she'll be there too, pissing and moaning about how she has to find a new place now and how it's all been so hard on her. Fuck off, Sharon. And stop eating so many macaroons you know full well there are only a couple per person and you've had at least 5 now you cunt.

48 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Fuck him. Sunday is for the fans, it’s about us not Bruce. 14 years in the making so don’t let this parasite drag us down. He’s a dead man waddling. 

We don't care about brucie he don’t care about me

all we care about is NUFC….

We've spent the last 14 years suffering from decisions made by people who know nothing about football. With both eyes firmly on what's to come, I feel very encouraged that our new owners are withholding making any decisions - that are materially related to what happens on a day-to-day basis and on the pitch - until they have employed individuals who have experience in running a football club. 

I'm disappointed that Bruce will be in the dugout on Sunday for obvious reasons, but I don't think the decision to keep him in post enables us to make any conclusions about the owners, beyond the fact that they're true to what they said about being patience. If that's what it takes to land on the right decision, I'm happy to trade-in a very emotional occasion against Spurs in order to get there. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

We've spent the last 14 years suffering from decisions made by people who know nothing about football. With both eyes firmly on what's to come, I feel very encouraged that our new owners are withholding making any decisions - that are materially related to what happens on a day-to-day basis and on the pitch - until they have employed individuals who have experience in running a football club. 

I'm disappointed that Bruce will be in the dugout on Sunday for obvious reasons, but I don't think the decision to keep him in post enables us to make any conclusions about the owners, beyond the fact that they're true to what they said about being patience. If that's what it takes to land on the right decision, I'm happy to trade-in a very emotional occasion against Spurs in order to get there. 

Spot on

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I like this.

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I agree but I wouldn’t say I’m happy. I’m willing to accept what they want to do and it’s obviously way too early to draw any conclusions. But yet I am disappointed that Sunday won’t be a perfect day of celebration.