Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1000 matches. What an achievement. Just ticking along, winning nothing, no identity, horrendous PL record.

But hey he’s at his apparent boyhood club. The one he’s spurned a few times. He managed Sunderland. Did he wake up and check our results before he checked Man United? No way. 

Love that got taken over and he’s going to get sacked soon. Big balls on the fella for showing up to a press conference “defiant” and “fiery” and “swinging”. No just came to a press duty having acted a Sad, unprofessional and ungrateful piece of fucking shit. 

good riddance to the biggest fraud of them all. Can’t wait to see him go and disappear from football, the absolute shithead. 

roll on Sunday, 3 points for our club and hopefully never seeing Bruce manage a match for us again. 

4 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Watched his interview or whatever it was supposed to be, it certainly wasn't a pre match press conference. However if you watch it muted and just look at him and his body language, then its obvious, he's broken ,he already knows something, and he appears deeply upset, I think he's genuinely gutted.

A broken man.

I think he should call it a day after this, 8m is a fortune, so its not like he needs to continue. 

he should call it a day?

i dont think he'll have a choice.

no premier league or champo club hoping for promotion/play offs is gonna touch him.

u think norwich or watford would have considered him if we'd sacked him a couple of weeks ago.

he is finished in management.

19 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Successful manager ffs

1000 games and all he has to show for it is one measly manager of the month award, aye some managerial record that :lol:

Takes some doing though but.

A regular bad manager would have won a handful of manager of the month awards at least in a 1000game career. 

It should define the concept "the exception that proves the rule"

The only thing he's been successful at is masquerading as a profession football manager and pulling the wool over people's eyes, usually in the short term. Clearly has a silver tongue and can put on the nice guy act when there's something in it for him. Underneath he's a sanctified narcissist with a victim complex. The fact he's managed 1000 matches is a miracle for all the wrong reasons, a day to be shameful for all those that have entrusted him, not one for celebration. Cannot wait for him to not be our problem anymore.

From the presser: "As far as I’m concerned that’s for politicians to look into and decide on (Saudi human rights)." 

God even that's a fucking miserable answer, isn't it? People like him, in his role, are gifted the opportunity to say something meaningful that's far-reaching. But nah, nowt to do with me guv, ask the politicians. Okay, Steve, it's not like it's a critical issue or anything. You have no opinion, sound. Bollocks to using your pedestal to perhaps add to the wider discourse or God forbid discourage that tiny proportion of our fans from acting in a way that makes the whole club look bad, not to mention probably offends some people due to its cultural insensitivity. Nah, just "whadda I know." Champion. It's not like you were obviously going to get asked something along those lines so you might've given it a moment's thought before plonking on that chair. As if you've got anything to lose by offering a reasoned view. 

I know, he's a football manager and it's not his job to comment on geopolitics and matters of great sensitivity and hardship in the Middle East. But I'm afraid we've all been thrown into this conversation and therefore we all have a responsibility; and, whether he likes it or not, he's a public figure meaning his words can mean something. 

Too busy worrying about unjustifiably taking shots at the local press about his own situation to comprehend something as profound as that, though. Useless dickhead. Typical. 

If he wasn't on 999 games he would be gone already. It's 100% a PR move. Bruce is confusingly widely liked, if not respected outside of most that have experienced him as a manager! 

Not giving the press/fans wanting us to fail a chance to stick the knife in over mistreating Bruce > Placating fans who  want Bruce out but are onside with the ownership regardless

Just been watching some of the Overlap on Sky Sports. Scholes claiming he doesn't believe managers should get a payoff for essentially failing at their job but in this case Bruce deserves a massive payoff for the way the fans have treat him [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Just been watching some of the Overlap on Sky Sports. Scholes claiming he doesn't believe managers should get a payoff for essentially failing at their job but in this case Bruce deserves a massive payoff for the way the fans have treat him [emoji38]

Not as troubling as Lee Lawler's chinstrap, mind. Public menace that guy. 

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

“Trust me, we all know what needs to happen,” one very senior source tells us, and “changes will come soon.”

https://theathletic.com/2888877/2021/10/16/trust-me-we-all-know-what-needs-to-happen-inside-the-first-week-of-newcastles-takeover

Wonder who said this? 

“Without being disrespectful, he’s like a lost puppy waiting to be collected,” the training ground source said of Bruce on Monday.

Just now, deejeck said:

Wonder who said this? 

“Without being disrespectful, he’s like a lost puppy waiting to be collected,” the training ground source said of Bruce on Monday.

😂 Some cracking quotes. Has to be one of the players or a coach not named Steve, surely?