Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

😂 Some cracking quotes. Has to be one of the players or a coach not named Steve, surely?

Amusing if it is a player, the whole thing about them wanting Bruce out the door because he'll ruin the vibe on Sunday 😂

33 minutes ago, Rich said:

“Trust me, we all know what needs to happen,” one very senior source tells us, and “changes will come soon.”

https://theathletic.com/2888877/2021/10/16/trust-me-we-all-know-what-needs-to-happen-inside-the-first-week-of-newcastles-takeover

That is an excellent article and really puts it into perspective just how much has happened this week, and why Bruce hasn’t gone yet. Should make everyone feel better.

I guess the new owners haven’t a clue about running a premiership football team and are defaulting to status quo until they recruit. Understandable if frustrating. 

Edited by RS

41 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Anyone taking these needs to be super aware that they'll automatically renew on a monthly fee.  Don't get caught out.  Cancel it and look for a link to a discount sub.  They have them all the time. 

Just now, maze said:

What is The Athletic? Obv. somekind of newspaper… but you get the question. 

Sports focused digital newspaper.  Big in the States for their sports.  Launched in Europe a little while back.  They hired loads of the top writing talents from UK papers and so churn out lots of top quality work.

Good article that, interesting that it says normally Stavely and the rest of the consortium will be in Newcastle 3 days per week but next week will be here all week. Suggests movement on managerial and other fronts next week.

Not sure if its been quoted in any of the online interviews, but Tyne Tees news showed part of the Presser where they asked him if they won on sunday he'd like to shove the result back in some peoples faces, and he said yes he would.

Unbelievable, that we sit 19th, 0 wins this season, and he still seems to think the criticism he's received, and calls for his sacking are unjust.

https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2021-10-15/steve-bruce-to-stay-in-charge-for-1000th-game-as-manager

Edited by TK-421

27 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Anyone taking these needs to be super aware that they'll automatically renew on a monthly fee.  Don't get caught out.  Cancel it and look for a link to a discount sub.  They have them all the time. 

Aye, just checked and it's going to renew at £59.99 for a years sub.  If it's any good I'll cancel before the trial ends and get a discount one.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Tbh I doubt the players will be listening to him at this stage anyway. Every bit of footage I've been suggests that they just get on with their own thing whilst he waddles around on the touchline.

They weren’t listening before this never mind now 

10 hours ago, huss9 said:

he should call it a day?

i dont think he'll have a choice.

no premier league or champo club hoping for promotion/play offs is gonna touch him.

u think norwich or watford would have considered him if we'd sacked him a couple of weeks ago.

he is finished in management.

I was only describing what the video looked like (to me), its difficult to know what he'll do next. I've been around long enough to know, that there's been some terrible managers, and somebody will still employ them,  hypothetically, take Derby, if Ashley did buy them, and he offered the manager role to Bruce, I think Bruce would take it.  Mentally though I watched that video, and thought for his wellbeing he should retire. 👍🏻

Edited by mighty__mag

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

He’s worse than Pardew. Never hated a a manager more. His conduct today sealed it. 

Have to say I'm very uncomfortable with people saying they "hate" Bruce!   Hate is a very emotive word!!! I dislike him due to the teams results but i certainly don't hate him.  I seem to recall hearing a story where some obscure celebrity was in Dubai having a meal and his card was rejected when trying to pay and Bruce who was also in the same restaurant paid his bill even though they had nevet met before, and also refused to allow repayment, so not the actions of a hateful person by any means !

42 minutes ago, christ said:

He’s no where near as hateful as Pardew like.

Pardew was better at hiding his hatefulness, I can't remember him being as deliberately antagonistic to the fans or talking the club down in the way Bruce has.

That together with Bruce being from the area and supposedly growing up a Newcastle supporter pushes him past Pardew in the hatefulness stakes for me.

Edited by Jackie Broon

Guest reefatoon

Soccer Saturday has Merson and Sherwood on. Going to be utter drivel spouted by these morons so brace yourself.

Edited by reefatoon