Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

To me in the second half it looked like the players totally downed any limited tools they had. It was horrendous the lack of actual effort in the second half.

2nd half was criminal - no effort and intensity - at all. Merely going through motions.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

To me in the second half it looked like the players totally downed any limited tools they had. It was horrendous the lack of actual effort in the second half.

Absolutely! They still should have tried to impress their new bosses, despite Bruce being as useful as tits on a fish!

3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Someones got to start somewhere man and the weeks international break was a perfect time, if thats Jones, whoever, just make a fucking statement.

The fat fuck has got to 1000 miserable games to the detriment of the nufc.

Maybe it was a respect thing, totally undeserved mind, but give him the 1000 and send him packing. Avoid's being seen as a villain by his pundit chums for sacking him at 999.  

7 minutes ago, STM said:

I hate Bruce but the result would have been the same if Jones was in the dug out. A new manager is going to need to time to sort this mess out.

It had nowt to do with the new owners.

I respect your stance, but I disagree. 

It's very clear he has tuned Jones out since jones started getting all the credit for our upturn in fortunes last season.

Also, if Jones had taken this match he would have been on the side-line constantly directing the team, and would have also done so during the break in play.

Think Jones has just left Bruce to it and can't be arsed anymore.

4 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Bruce on 5Live  - 'As a team, we haven't been good enough. We've tried to change it and play more on the front foot' (!)

When asked about where the problems lie 'I'm not going to blame the team (2mins after he did) - many of them have been here for years and are now getting on'.

What the fuck has he meant by this? That they're old and slow or something? That's you, you fucking cunt. :lol:  Bruce is such a fucking boomer, man. 

Just now, Caleb70 said:

Absolutely! They still should have tried to impress their new bosses, despite Bruce being as useful as tits on a fish!

I agree it was disgusting by the players in front of a sell out crowd. Nearly every player needs to be moved on and replaced quickly and that is a massive job for the consortium. We knew this though to be fair. 

1 minute ago, Caleb70 said:

They were facing a team with a plan and a lot of ability with the ball. So difficult to just go out them and beat a team like Spurs on desire alone.

You can see we kind of started that way , and Spurs adjusted and took control of the game, ad there was no direction for our lot from the sideline, and they just got destroyed.

Just now, KaKa said:

They were facing a team with a plan and a lot of ability with the ball. So difficult to just go out them and beat a team like Spurs on desire alone.

You can see we kind of started that way , and Spurs adjusted and took control of the game, ad there was no direction for our lot from the sideline, and they just got destroyed.

Unorganized mess, he's completely undone anything Rafa had instilled in them. Well done, Bruce. :slowclap:

4 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Maybe it was a respect thing, totally undeserved mind, but give him the 1000 and send him packing. Avoid's being seen as a villain by his pundit chums for sacking him at 999.  

I think that was definitely a factor. Maybe they would have sacked him immediately if they had someone lined up, but probably thought it wasn't worth the negative press only to put Jones in charge. Who would probably have lost as well tbf. 

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What?! These people are mentally ill man.

Indeed. This idea of bringing in managers with experience in relegation fights is so fatally flawed, not least because of the fucking obvious fact that they have experience with relegation fights because they are generally dog shit at their jobs. Punditry requires the least qualifications of any job. My old VP's at Cypress Semiconductor with their "don't reinvent the wheel" horse shit were Kierkegaard compared to these platitudinous fuckwits.

He's talking about the defending being an issue like it isn't his fucking responsibility, and blames the struggles to trying to be on the front-foot.

Yes, because every team that goes forward cannot defend. This man is a con artist. This is criminal.

10 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Bruce on 5Live  - 'As a team, we haven't been good enough. We've tried to change it and play more on the front foot' (!)

When asked about where the problems lie 'I'm not going to blame the team (2mins after he did) - many of them have been here for years and are now getting on'.

He's the fucker who keeps giving them new contacts!

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t we have the 6th best defensive record in the league under Rafa ?

We did and the media made out we redefined "parking the bus" which was actually a team acutely aware of position and quite decent on the counter. Now, we're just fucking hopeless both ends of the pitch.