Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

There’s many coaches of his generation who can adapt to changing tactics in the sense of how teams are coached; pressing is an example. He has no clue how to coach high-pressing and when we attempt it, it just looks half-arsed and doesn’t work. Rather than winning back possession it’s easily bypassed and leaves us exposed in defence. Fwiw, I think Southgate has the same problem with England

4 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

There’s many coaches of his generation who can adapt to changing tactics in the sense of how teams are coached; pressing is an example. He has no clue how to coach high-pressing and when we attempt it, it just looks half-arsed and doesn’t work. Rather than winning back possession it’s easily bypassed and leaves us exposed in defence. Fwiw, I think Southgate has the same problem with England

He's a typical arrogant PFM that thinks tactics are not a thing and you just need players to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. These lot just cannot accept the game has moved on drastically and are not interested in learning or understanding how much things have changed.

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Him and his TV buds going on like he's just arrived. 2 years plus and he's bemoaning things like "still got frailties" of the team...like he isn't responsible :lol: 

That he has created! He's run out of jammy luck due to his own decision making as well. :lol:  Everyone on this board knew it would run out and we'd be finding ourselves in the position we do now. Thank fuck the takeover happened and we'll be able to forget about this low point. I hope. 

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

He's only 60 though. Of course the game has changed, but tactics were a thing when he was playing. It's not like he came up in 1880.

Yes, to some extent they were around then too, but the extent to which they are coached now and worked on in training is much more detailed and far ore important IMO. Particularly with all of the technology available now, and this man apparently cannot even use email.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yes, to some extent they were around then too, but the extent to which they are coached now and worked on in training is much more detailed and far ore important IMO. Particularly with all of the technology available now, and this man apparently cannot even use email.

Of course, but there are plenty of 60 year old managers who have had no problem adapting. The problem with guys like Bruce is that they shouldn't have been managers in the first place, even in 1998.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Of course, but there are plenty of 60 year old managers who have had no problem adapting. The problem with guys like Bruce is that they shouldn't have been managers in the first place, even in 1998.

Ah yes, of course. I was referring to the PFM gang i.e. Proper Football Men that are stuck in the past and only get gigs to 'keep teams up' or when a lazy owner just wants a patsy to push around. Pardew, Allardyce, Bruce, Pulis etc.

18 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

So true. 

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

Bruce on 5Live  - 'As a team, we haven't been good enough. We've tried to change it and play more on the front foot' (!)

When asked about where the problems lie 'I'm not going to blame the team (2mins after he did) - many of them have been here for years and are now getting on'.

Saying a lot of the players have been here a long time as a criticism when it's his own signings like Hendrick, Lewis and Fraser sitting on the bench because they have been even worse. :lol: