Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

Has to be now.

I had a friend saying we haven't been that bad and named games like palace, Brentford and Brighton as games we should pick up points in?  I can't see us getting much in those games tbh.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Has to be now.

I had a friend saying we haven't been that bad and named games like palace, Brentford and Brighton as games we should pick up points in?  I can't see us getting much in those games tbh.

Brentford will wipe the floor with a Bruce led team.

32 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

I seriously doubt that. Most managers know better than to base their judgements of a team on a few performances. They'll look at the squad and see ASM, Willlock, Almiron, Wilson, Dubs, Schar, Lascelles etc. and think there's more than enough there to be a mid-table side. I think they're just being very measured in their approaches and they want a DOF in place before they make a decision - that's likely to be what's taking the time.

I'd remove Almiron and Lascelles from that list.  They're both shite imo.

As someone who hasn't watched a single minute of NUFC since Benitez left, yesterday was the first time I'd watched Bruceball in any capacity.

I'd set a particularly low bar for myslef but even I was shocked at how bad we were. The lack of shape all over the pitch, gaping holes everwhere, no visible gameplan or tactics and the absolute failure to change anything. Even the fitness levels, aren't a patch on what they were. It really is staggering to think this was Rafa's well functioning side with £120M spent on it, as we actually looked worse off than where we were in the Championship.

How anybody can defend this fraud in any capacity is beyond reason.

This absolute helmet is nowhere near Pardew’s levels btw. That smarmy cunt would’ve won yesterday. Yesterday is one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen live and that’s no exaggeration.

Considering the positivity around the club yesterday and the possibility of riding a wave against a really poor Tottenham side, yet serving up that absolute shit.

To completely misread the game as much as he did throughout was impressive.

Can’t remember the last time I watched a team try and defend a 3-1 defeat. Didn’t put any pressure on the ball, try and get any foot in or anything. Tottenham were at walking pace during injury time (and for the entire match) but after we’d just scabbed a goal and had every chance of pushing forward it was bizarre.

Took our only striker off and left one on the bench. Bringing Shelvey on when we were getting overrun in midfield was criminal. 

53 minutes ago, Sima said:

I'd remove Almiron and Lascelles from that list.  They're both shite imo.

Try and see it from the point of view of a prospective manager, not a fan with personal gripes. 

Almiron - pace and skill

Lascelles - proven PL CB and leader

Both are easily good enough for a mid-table PL side.

6 minutes ago, Sima said:

Almiron's decision making is amongst the worst I have seen and Lascelles was/is carried by the likes of Lejuene, Schar & Fernandez.

He plays like an excited child getting the ball for the 1st time in a match. He’s had a couple of good games/moments but overall he’s been a massive dud. 

How the fuck can Bruce be into his third season and not able to use any of the six centre halves we have (had) and fit them into a back four? He played in one of the best centre half pairings of his era, and he can’t transfer a modicum of that to his players?

Not really buying into idea that if we don't sack him, means we can't  convince anyone to come here. It's not the sacking him part I have a problem with but the part where no one wants us.

I'm not being a deluded Geordie here but come on. What is such a mess that no one ones to 'save' us? Why was it that even under Fat Mike, there were nutters and even good people willing to take the job yet we're only 9 games in amd just become the richest club in the world, yet no one wants us? Naah.

Patience. They'll get the right man but not sacking Bruce today doesnt mean the owners have not convinced anyone to come save us.