Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

We’re not even hearing murmurs of interviewing, just links. We’re miles off a new manager. I honestly think they are scared to reach out to find out a load of managers won’t go near us because of our position but more importantly for the HR issues. That would be a massive blow to them and their PR campaign. 

Just four more sleeps until his next chance to embarrass the club in the next presser.

Couldn't wait to stick it up the critics he said, like with his little song at the mackems. he's as s*it at vengeance as managing - perhaps because both involve a degree of planning and some effort.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Thing that makes this more painful is, almost everyone everywhere he has been says he is shit and bad yet 1000 games in, most pundits says he is good and feel sorry for him. Really????

Who needs managerial ability when you've got pals in the media? 

Just now, nufcjb said:

Thing that makes this more painful is, almost everyone everywhere he has been says he is shit and bad yet 1000 games in, most pundits says he is good and feel sorry for him. Really????

Pundit - "Newcastle are 100% in a relegation battle. There's just no semblance of a plan and no obvious system in place on the pitch"

Same pundit - "It's horrible how the fans have not given Bruce a chance. He's a proper football man who has now managed 1000 games at top level. You have to feel sorry for him"

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

We’re not even hearing murmurs of interviewing, just links. We’re miles off a new manager. I honestly think they are scared to reach out to find out a load of managers won’t go near us because of our position but more importantly for the HR issues. That would be a massive blow to them and their PR campaign. 

I know, I don't think we can even approach someone in work without sacking Bruce first.

Resigned to him being here for Palace and Chelsea is a write off whether he is or isn't. That'll be over a quarter of the season gone.

If he isn't gone by Friday do we have legitimate grounds to worry about the competence of the consortium? Taking time to find the right replacement is acceptable. Having this nugget still there at Palace most certainly is not.

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Yeah suddenly the art of management has fuck all to do with being able to win games of football and everything to do with how you played the game (apparently)

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

If he isn't gone by Friday do we have legitimate grounds to worry about the competence of the consortium? Taking time to find the right replacement is acceptable. Having this nugget still there at Palace most certainly is not.

They’ve owned us for a week and your shitting the bed :lol:

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If he’s still in charge on Saturday it’s an awful decision and a huge mistake already for the new owners.

It really is. I know they're new and have the benefit of the doubt but I didn't envisage any takeover by anyone that wouldn't have made that move by now, thinking the only bloke that wouldn't make that move would be Ashley of account on not caring.

£8m is way beyond what he deserves but we couldn't buy a player for twice that, that would have anywhere near the positive effect that getting rid of Bruce would.

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They’ve owned us for a week and your shitting the bed :lol:

If he is still here at the weekend, then you're damned right I am. It's completely unacceptable for him to still be in the job now.

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

If he is still here at the weekend, then you're damned right I am. It's completely unacceptable for him to still be in the job now.

It is unacceptable on the face of it but it then comes down to how much you trust the new owners to make the decision when the time is right. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

Edited by Robster

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I agree he should be gone and in certain he will be gone in short order. 

it’s quite evident the speed this was done has upset the original plan and they are trying to adjust. 

8 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I'd be surprised if this was the case, given how stony faced they looked towards the end, and it's the one change they can make.

Palace is also definitely a must not lose, but if he's still there after that, you might as well keep the sad sack there for the drubbing at Chelsea as well.

We've no idea what is going on behind the scenes, though, re new candidates etc.

Equally, if there's concern about the scale of his pay off, I'd keep him employed for a few more weeks but ban him from the ground, whilst getting lawyers to go through his contract to see if there are underperformance clauses or loopholes.

Maybe you could still actually employ a proper manager in the meantime, since his official role is Head Coach (or whatever it is), so it's not like someone is taking 'his' job because he actually isn't the manager anyway.

I'll be honest, I'm prepared to wait. We were going down anyway before the takeover, so let the useless twat continue to destroy his reputation, and sanity. Focus on getting the facilities up to standard and sell the dream to the right manager. If that is as a championship club, so be it.