Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Are people now using peddled in an ironic, tongue in cheek way?

I really don’t think so. :lol: 

It’s been killing me but I’ve given up trying to correct it 

Just now, elbee909 said:

I don't think we're going to manage to sell Bruce to anyone, after all

Maybe we’re not peddling him to prospective buyers hard enough.

A good peddler would have managed to find a buyer by now. 

1 hour ago, Chicane said:

Pards would honestly be a great heel in wrestling. So slimy and detestable

I think that helps explain how I feel about the Pardew v Bruce debate.

Pardew at least has an anti-hero face turn in him and charisma. Would get the right kind of heat.

Bruce only gets the 'you can't wrestle' heat

Edited by Wolfcastle

51 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I think that helps explain how I feel about the Pardew v Bruce debate.

Pardew at least has an anti-hero face turn in him and charisma. Would get the right kind of heat.

Bruce only gets the 'you can't wrestle' heat

He absolutely didn't have that. He is completely unable to garner sympathy so if pushed as a face he wouldn't be able to make that connection and would fall flat on his arse. 

Plus, he's a slimy twat and the sort who'd be trying to politic with the booker for a push and rat out everyone else for spurious things. I reckon he'd be creepy behind the curtain and he'd likely be shunned by the dressing room and maybe his opponents would work just a little bit stiffer with him because of his prickishness. 

Bruce is the sort of bloke who'd turn up for training exactly six times, not be good enough so he forms his own promotion and makes himself champion. 

38 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Villa fans after what turned out to be Bruce's last game in charge there. Scary. :lol:

This sends chills down my spine man. They could be talking about the current Newcastle team. It's the exact same thing to a tee. Terrifying.

Bunch of the papers are running stories about us interviewing people. 

Its gone from initial reports of him likely going, to he is definitely going. Now it's not even a question. It is just who is next and who is being talked to. 

If he isn't out tmrw it is an absolute shit in the face for Bruce and purposeful indignity keeping him hanging like McClaren was. I'm here for both but hope he is out and doesn't turn up tmrw. Everyone is ready to move on.

Should be noted these type of high level business people work with their cards close to their chest it's quite likely just whispers and guess-work on a lot of things. We will only hear what they want us to hear imo. 

Genuinely wonder if he splashes the utter sycophants who have done his bidding in the local media throughout before he gets peddled? Won’t take much but they fucking deserve it.

Caulkin still trying his best but you know…he’s doing ok amid this abuse…you know I’ve got no evidence but he’s a top bloke…you know…etc.

44 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Northern echo echoing the mirror and star stories that Bruce still hasn't heard from the new owners since the Spurs game and will be back in training tmrw and preparing for palace. :bluestar: hope they are wrong.

Bruce and preparing you say 🤔