Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

The media frenzy around this is fucking comical like, where was the sustained outrage when Munoz was sacked at Watford for example?

I'm astounded how fucking out of touch and uninformed these people are, I'm genuinely stunlocked as to how anyone could be surprised beef neck was sacked.

What is obvious at this point is, everyone hates us and its fucking glorious, the taste of all these salty tears.

9 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I reckon I speak to people outside the area in person the view of us is typically: we've underachieved and had a hard time, we deserve better, we have passionate fans, but also we're too quick to turn on managers. I guess overall 'passionate hotheads' but we deserve a taste of success and the game would be better for it. Online it's a very different story.

Shame on us for turning on Kinnear, Pardew, Carver, McClaren and Bruce.

We're public enemy number 1 at the moment and because of his jovial, nice guy, buffoon temperament towards other managers, players and journalists his actual ability gets overlooked, glossed over and sometimes down right lied about. 

Bruce is just another stick to beat us with as they all flail around desperately trying to convince themselves we don't deserve anything nice and we won't amount to anything, let alone have a chance of beating the usual media darlings.

I love it all, they hate us and they hate us because they're scared of us, keep throwing the shade it'll make the victory all that sweeter when it comes around.

Can someone please explain the "unacceptable level of abuse" Steve Bruce got, am I missing some vital information here or is he just making a pity party?

Besides people thinking he wasnt fit for the Job (which he went on to prove) and some low level chants of your getting sacked in the morning etc. what am I missing.

Listening to these PL managers simping for him its almost like hes been subjected to death threats, kidnapping etc.

Can someone please bring me up to speed of what was so horrendous?

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Can someone please explain the "unacceptable level of abuse" Steve Bruce got, am I missing some vital information here or is he just making a pity party?

Besides people thinking he wasnt fit for the Job (which he went on to prove) and some low level chants of your getting sacked in the morning etc. what am I missing.

Listening to these PL managers simping for him its almost like hes been subjected to death threats, kidnapping etc.

Can someone please bring me up to speed of what was so horrendous?

Someone tweeted he was a fat inept cabbage head (not that he reads it or anything) 

Its just not on 

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP

4 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Someone tweeted he was a fat inept cabbage head (not that he reads it or anything) 

Its just not on 

If that upsets him, he shouldn't be in the public eye at all, certainly not as a football manager.

Were football fans nice and polite before Facebook and Twitter? I don't think so :lol:

Edited by Klaus

I wrote this because I am in fact wound up

https://thepeoplesfriend.substack.com/p/on-sycophants-and-carrion-comfort?justPublished=true

On Sycophants, and Carrion Comfort

Football Journalism and the Gutter

Philip K Dick died a frustrated man. Though he was one of the most popular and highly regarded genre writers of the 20th century, he lamented how unseriously his peers took his work, and (quite rightly) considered his output to be far more literary and grounded in aesthetic or philosophical themes than the vast majority of academics of his time would credit. The debate around the artistic merit of ostensibly pulp writing is as old as the hills, and as unthinkable as it is in the age of the marvel blockbuster, there was a time when those in the know considered science fiction writing to be the gutter of literary endeavour.

Consider the journalistic career of George Orwell. An Etonian old boy, Orwell read voraciously from his youth, developing his own aesthetic critique of the development of modern English writing through his formative years. His withering essays, written between his return from a stint as an imperial policeman in Burma and his untimely death shortly after the publication of 1984, showed an obsession with the vulgar mediocrity of contemporary journalism and fiction, particularly in English, but more broadly aimed at the consensus uselessness of political journalism; journalists, he argued, mangled the language and the facts in order to present a case of affairs that suited the establishment. He loathed the thinly veiled propagandist efforts of both journalists and highly esteemed national darlings, like Rudyard Kipling and Tennyson. Orwell, like Dick, was uncomprehending of how such self evident nonsense could possibly be presented in such farcical and ugly fashion by the very people who proclaimed themselves as being best to direct the hive mind of the newly emerging popular market.

Both Orwell and Dick were sensitive to charlatanry in supposedly lettered writing and correctly predicted the compounding impact of modernity upon the quality and clarity of thoughts communicated in English. One can only imagine the beautiful vitriol that may have flowed, had either the luck or longevity to live to see the absolute fucking state of football journalism in the year of our lord 2021.

From the matted curls and troglodyte beard of couch ungulate Martin Samuel, to the alice band wearing pearlescent shirts of head boy super swot Oliver Holt, English football is riddled with a venereal disease more objectionable than any heinous oil state or philandering manager. For there is nothing in this life or the next that can approach the obsequiousness and genuflected effluence pouring forth from the fingers of Britain’s football journalists.

People rightly castigate modern political journalists for the emergence of the phenomenon of access journalism and lobby journalism. Commenters below the line groan like tectonic plates when Laura Keunsberg emerges to explain away the latest failing of the government, yet flock like pigeons outside a bakery when the football media softlads publish their latest half arsed, speculative prognostications.

If an alien had landed on Tuesday morning and had been scuttled away inside some day-glo underground laboratory and shown sky sports news, they would be forgiven for thinking that Steve Bruce had been murdered in cold blood for the crime of being too good at his job. Bruce, thick as thieves with journalists for as long as he’s been giving press conferences, has long enlisted middle-class, picked-last-at-school mediocrities to provide a better defence than he can organise in a stadium.

The smell of the drivel that has been put forth in defence of Bruce since his run of the mill sacking is so strong it could lift paint from the walls. Bruce’s record as Newcastle manager, in the full two and a bit years he’s been in charge, has been more than enough to get him sacked at any of the clubs that the son of someone journalists defending him pretend to support. It is almost November, the league started in August, and Newcastle have not won a single game.

Yet these halfwit lemmings prostrate themselves before an effigy of Bruce’s corpse that they’ve imagined in their yellow, fevered ramblings. His penultimate press conference featured the unbelievably petty sight of Bruce reminding the journalists who really makes their news, suggesting they get a slap from their bosses. A stopped clock is right twice a day, I suppose. Steve Bruce was hounded out of Newcastle with vitriol!

No he wasn’t. There weren’t any fans in the stadium for the vast majority of his time in charge. The supposed vitriol aimed personally and directly at Steve Bruce amounted to the sane and reasonable suggestion that, after such a terrible start to his third season, he would probably find himself sacked at dawn. The journalists regurgitate an obvious lie that he was targeted with death threats; in actual fact, Bruce referred to his son telling him that a random fan on a message board had wished Steve Bruce had died of covid. Tasteless yes, objectionable yes, but a death threat? No. Not that it matters, the narrative has been decided.

So while you sit there aghast at the rank hypocrisy of the terrible, non-footballing sycophants that masquerade as football journalists in England, give a thought to poor old George Orwell and Philip K Dick, who died fearing that their great literary expeditions in the name of truth and material reality would never be taken seriously, and consider the velocity at which their corpses are currently boreing through the earth, propelled through stone and mantle by the unspeakable force of appeasing flattery that infects the mind of every man, woman or beast in England who wakes up one day and decides, ‘fuck playing football, I’m going to write shite about it instead’.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

It's fucking pathetic, the thin skinned cunt.

I can't stand him. He has basically tarnished an entire city as being deluded, demanding and abusive (a city he claims to love) while in the process saying we have hurt his family, thrown several of his players under the bus publically including a young goalkeeper playing in Ronaldo's homecoming, said he hopes some journalists get a slap, blamed his predecessor in public for his team playing poorly. Yet he is crying to the press about someone calling him a cabbage head.

1 hour ago, midds said:

I think a lot of it is fellow managers simply trotting out the normal cliches to sound supportive or to rule out saying anything controversial whatsoever. I don't believe for a second that Arteta genuinely thinks he's one of the most important English managers we've produced but it sounds like a nice compliment and he's being ultra respectful. 

Then there's the arseholes who simply lie through their teeth and hope they get away with it without any direct challenge to their (horseshit) opinions and views. Being his mate means ignoring all facts, logic and common sense, blatantly telling lies and blaming the fans for having (totally justified) pops at him for his shocking results and performances. The entire pundit circus needs wiping completely and being honest about individuals needs to come before staying mates. Not sure this phenomenon happens in other sports, failing managers and coaches are fair game for challenge imo. It's an old boys club and they'll all stick together unfortunately. It's shit but seems to appeal to a huge majority of fans who seemingly need to be told what to think. 

He's definitely just trying to cover his own back, because he knows what's coming down the road for him as Arsenal supporters are all set to go off on him if he keeps messing up, especially with Vieira now rocking up just outside of London and causing some waves. It was a bitch move. Arteta is now on my list. Pulling for Vieira to get him out of there ASAP.

Just now, KaKa said:

He's definitely just trying to cover his own back, because he knows what's coming down the road for him as Arsenal supporters are all set to go off on him if he keeps messing up, especially with Vieira now rocking up just outside of London and causing some waves. It was a bitch move. Arteta is now on my list. Pulling for Vieira to get him out of there ASAP.

He’s one of the most important Arsenal managers of the last 100 years. I hope they treat him with respect.

:lol: This is getting well out of hand, like. How does the age old story of 'shit manager gets pushed out by fans' get turned in to a national outcry of outrage. I dont understand. We said he was shit and some people mentioned cabbages because other fans have before and its objectively funny. We didnt murder his family.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

He's arguably bottom of the list of important managers in my time supporting Newcastle and only even relevant at all because he went above and beyond the call of duty at being unlikable and poor at his job. And were just a small club everyone keeps saying.

Don't think he'd be far off the bottom of Villa's list either.

Souness got to a cup semi-final, Gullit a final, Dalglish a final (First in decades)+ Barcelona, Pardew 5th,

Hughton inherited a cluster f*ck of a situation and could hardly have done better

Roeder took over Souness mess and went from 6th bottom to 7th top in a couple months, tonking the mackems on way and presiding over Shearer's farewell

McFaul was a total club legend before being a manager

Ossie arguably set up the style Keegan built on and blooded youngsters many of whom went on the hold their own at the highest level for us

Benitez relegation fodder  promoted and established in midtable on nothing and gave the city/club pride and hope again

Apart from the caretakers there's only Jim Smith as unimportant to NUFC's recent history as Bruce but he was an infinitely better man and manager in my book.

Edited by Wolfcastle

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: This is getting well out of hand, like. How does the age old story of 'shit manager gets pushed out by fans' get turned in to a national outcry of outrage. I dont understand. We said he was shit and some people mentioned cabbages because other fans have before and its objectively funny. We didnt murder his family.

It's proper wild. Feel like I must be missing something. I'm sure he's had some nasty abuse that's not on, but I've not seen anything to suggest it's more than loads get, and it's not like he's some poor vulnerable soul. Feel like the embarrassing situation of everyone knowing he was getting sacked after takeover has partly kicked it off, but that's nothing to do with fans and didn't particularly cause more abuse. 

#IAmSteveBruce

Edited by Inferior Acuña