Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Guest HTT II

I will 100% say he will not be our manager by the Spurs game, and I expect he will be relieved of his job on Monday!

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I will 100% say he will not be our manager by the Spurs game, and I expect he will be relieved of his job on Monday!

It'll be 3pm as well?  Mehrdad reads the forums and reports back to AS and he's a massive fan of your pizzas.

Edited by relámpago blanco

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

It'll be 3pm as well?  Mehrdad reads the forums and reports back to AS and he's a massive fan of your Pizzas.

He fucking better otherwise I’m done with this takeover…

If you fancy over 500 comments of people attacking Newcastle fans for '"abusing" him despite doing a great job with the squad he has' 

As for the net spend the club statement in September claims £120m which I'm fairly sure is the most of any we've had

Edited by nbthree3

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Has he always had this “woe is me” attitude?

Think I recall seeing a rundown of the circle of Bruce from a fan of a former club (might have even been brummie on here) and it including this sort of stuff, highlighting abuse that's just 'not on' from fans etc.

Seems it's always been his MO to deflect from his own failings as quickly as possible. Although it's impressive how often he likes to say he can take criticism before batting away any criticism as unfair. 

A friend of my brother-in-law plays cricket(?) with a couple of the squad and as far as they are concerned Bruce has already gone.  i know that this isn't earth shattering information but for anyone who thinks there's a chance that he'll still be in charge on Sunday, he won't.

Really don't see how he can be in charge regardless of ITK stories that he's gone. It just wouldn't make sense to have him here for the Spurs game, he's proven to be a dreadful manager throughout his career, we are in the bottom 3...why wouldn't you just get rid of him when you are perfectly justified in doing so, rather than drag it out and risk him taking credit for takeover bounce?

On 24/05/2021 at 22:22, SweMag said:

A person close to one of the first team players at NUFC told me some weeks ago that Bruce had lost the dressing room back in March. The same person told me this morning that the situation is unchanged. The players don’t like him and they can’t see how he could be in charge for another season. They think he’s tactically clueless.

The situation is still unchanged.

Be surprised if Bruce is still here after Staveley’s meeting with the players next week…

New owners will want nothing negative from the crowd on their big day, they know Bruce is about as unpopular as it's possible to get and he'll be fucked off in the next 24-48 hours imo. Mentioned it earlier I think it'll be Jones for the time being until they get the bloke they want, not bothered how long it takes them either. Appointing the right man in the dugout is probably their biggest decision they'll have to make in the first 18 months of their tenure. Absolutely vital they take their time and get it right. Jones will do for now purely because he's not Steve Bruce.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Really don't see how he can be in charge regardless of ITK stories that he's gone. It just wouldn't make sense to have him here for the Spurs game, he's proven to be a dreadful manager throughout his career, we are in the bottom 3...why wouldn't you just get rid of him when you are perfectly justified in doing so, rather than drag it out and risk him taking credit for takeover bounce?

This - he's been so fucking dogshit this season that even just removing him from the club is sufficient to improve our chances of victory on Sunday.

We'll remember this thread, we can look back on it and realise the transition.  Going from Bruce, who I am sure is a lovely man to whomever they hire.  I can't see them hiring a worse manager.  If Bruce has an issue with the fans comments which he clearly has and I haven't read many offensive ones then he should inform us of a fanbase that hold him in high regard after he has left.  We shouldn't personally attack him publicly though, he is a human, with a family.

People may not have resorted to this if that is indeed happening, if he just resigned.

Edited by relámpago blanco

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

This is wack by Bruce imo. Using the death of his parents to garner sympathy, I’m sorry but no. This might sound cold and harsh but what did he expect? He’s been in football for years how he had a cabbage thrown at him, he was roundly abused at Sunderland, who he managed. Nah I’m not having this. He was free to leave at any time: this is a very low card to play imo 

Totally shameless. I’d give him a tiny bit of respect if he came out and said I’m just waiting for the call and to confirm my payoff. Cheers for the monies and all the best. I’ll enjoy it from my new villa in Portugal. 

34 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

This is wack by Bruce imo. Using the death of his parents to garner sympathy, I’m sorry but no. This might sound cold and harsh but what did he expect? He’s been in football for years how he had a cabbage thrown at him, he was roundly abused at Sunderland, who he managed. Nah I’m not having this. He was free to leave at any time: this is a very low card to play imo 

Said a lot, but it is pretty telling that out of all the clubs he’s managed there’s only really Hull fans that don’t absolutely detest him. 

He isn’t just an absolutely fucking shit manager, he’s a self pitying, excuse making, rude and ill mannered prick. How he has got to 999 jobs in management is absolutely incredible. He’s got his pals in the media to thank for that. And of course his odious prick of a son, whose career in Football was just as pathetic as his Fatha’s in management. No mark cunt. 

Can’t wait to see footage of him leaving the training ground on Monday for the last time. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Said a lot, but it is pretty telling that out of all the clubs he’s managed there’s only really Hull fans that don’t absolutely detest him. 

He isn’t just an absolutely fucking shit manager, he’s a self pitying, excuse making, rude and ill mannered prick. How he has got to 999 jobs in management is absolutely incredible. He’s got his pals in the media to thank for that. And of course his odious prick of a son, whose career in Football was just as pathetic as his Fatha’s in management. No mark cunt. 

Can’t wait to see footage of him leaving the training ground on Monday for the last time. 

Exactly, he's an utter shithouse. There's only 1 reason he came out with that bollocks and that's purely for the benefit of other chairmen who are thinking of sacking their current boss. He's disassociating himself from the horrendous job he's currently nearly close to finishing up here with the sole intention of picking up another gig somewhere else in the next couple of months. 

Seeing footage of him struggling with a big cardboard box full of his personal shit and hastily forcing it in the back of his motor before driving off into the complete abyss would be the ultimate. 

is the abuse from us any worse than  he got at villa or sunderland.

did we ever throw a cabbage at him?

his parents were alive for all that and it didnt seem to have done them much harm then.

Edited by huss9

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

is the abuse from us any worse than  he got at villa or sunderland.

did we ever throw a cabbage at him?

his parents were alive for all that and it didnt seem to have done them much harm then.

He is a Geordie though (well reckons he is) so we should accept his lies and patronising.