Jump to content

Steve Bruce (now unemployed)


Recommended Posts

Just now, neesy111 said:

I've never understood why you can't just keep paying their contract while they are just not in their position officially.  Must be some rules against it 


You can, but it’s more desirable to lump sum it for income tax purposes for both parties. One law firm I left I got 6 months pay, 3 months normal salary on gardening leave and 3 months lump sum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no idea where this £8m figure has come from.

 

Interestingly his wage is reported differently by different sources. The Times reported £1m a year (£20k a week) in March this year, The Express reported £2.75m a year (£57k a week) in 2020. The Mirror reported £20k a week with an incentive for every place finishing about 17th.

 

He signed a three year deal when he took charge in 2019, so his contract is up at the end of next season. He can only have 7-8 months left.


Even at the highest reported wage of £2.75m, it’d only be £2m odd.

 

The backroom staff will all be on a fraction that he is. Jones will have the lengthiest contract though. But still no idea how people are getting up to £8m.

 

Even if he had a ‘break clause’ of a higher fee, they could just sling him on gardening leave and pay him until the end of his deal and save a fortune.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ashley17 said:

It’s been widely reported that it’s a rolling 3 year contract so it won’t be up at the end of the season.


Wheres that reported? Everywhere I’ve seen has just said three years. Even if it is a rolling contract, the ability to break it would be after three years and the gardening leave would still be relevant.

 

Back in March, the Times reported the cost of sacking him as £4m. How has it doubled despite seven months being chalked off his deal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:


Wheres that reported? Everywhere I’ve seen has just said three years. Even if it is a rolling contract, the ability to break it would be after three years and the gardening leave would still be relevant.

 

Back in March, the Times reported the cost of sacking him as £4m. How has it doubled despite seven months being chalked off his deal?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:


Wheres that reported? Everywhere I’ve seen has just said three years. Even if it is a rolling contract, the ability to break it would be after three years and the gardening leave would still be relevant.

 

Back in March, the Times reported the cost of sacking him as £4m. How has it doubled despite seven months being chalked off his deal?

It was everywhere in the summer when there were rumours of a new deal. Luke Edwards was one and we all know his source is impeccable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

 

 

Still doesn’t make sense how the reported cost has doubled in the last seven months. With his reported wages it makes no sense.

 

4 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

It was everywhere in the summer when there were rumours of a new deal. Luke Edwards was one and we all know his source is impeccable 

 

As I said, even if it is a rolling contract, just don’t trigger it renewing and put him on gardening leave until the summer. Would cost about a million.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Manxst said:

Isn’t it that every day he wakes, he’s still got three years left? Maybe the 8m is for all the Steves to go? 

 

Their deals will all end at the same time. Jones the exception. They’ll also be on a fraction of Bruce.

 

Even removing our entire backroom and academy team, I have no idea how it’d cost that much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

 

Still doesn’t make sense how the reported cost has doubled in the last seven months. With his reported wages it makes no sense.

 

 

As I said, even if it is a rolling contract, just don’t trigger it renewing and put him on gardening leave until the summer. Would cost about a million.

Yeah me neither but that’s the first time I remember seeing it reported so I presumed it was correct as Hope is  decent. Might be some sort of in built clauses, I don’t know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nobody changed the title to Various: Steve Bruce to be sacked before Spurs (h)
11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

 

Still doesn’t make sense how the reported cost has doubled in the last seven months. With his reported wages it makes no sense.

 

 

As I said, even if it is a rolling contract, just don’t trigger it renewing and put him on gardening leave until the summer. Would cost about a million.

The contract could have any number of clauses in. The compensation might go up for every year he’s with us. It could be that the figures reported in March were wrong. Who cares? It’s a drop in the ocean now

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd imagine the £8m is the total fee to remove all the staff (minus Jones) - wouldn't be surprised to see a fee included around staying up and then being removed from the role hence a higher cost. Either way it is ludicrous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure where that figure came out of, probably from Bruce himself!

 

Final year of his contract with no clause mentioned that anything gets triggered.

 

It’ll be less than 3 million and he should count himself very lucky to be getting it, the absolute charlatan 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’m not sure where that figure came out of, probably from Bruce himself!

 

Final year of his contract with no clause mentioned that anything gets triggered.

 

It’ll be less than 3 million and he should count himself very lucky to be getting it, the absolute charlatan 

its not his final year though. he was on some crazy batshit 3 year rolling contract that reset itself to zero every season.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HUGZ changed the title to Steve Bruce - Peddled
  • Rich changed the title to Steve Bruce (now unemployed)
  • HUGZ locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...