Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

We know its a matter of when not if, but I can't help feel binning Bruce before Sunday is one of the easiest decisions the consortium will have  to make.

Sunday is meant to a celebration, the end of an era of misery, but you have a reminder of that era stood in the dug out. Not only will the football be an absolute eye sore, but he'll make it all about him and his 1000th game in charge. 

More practically we're 19th and winless this season, every point is viral and not removing this charlatan is reducing our chances of getting anything. I know Jones isn't a big improvement, but he's still an improvement.

Over the coming months the upper management of the club will change beyond comprehension, so I certainly won't be reading into this decision too much, bigger picture it may not matter at all.

That said, it just seems like such a no brainer, it'll be very disappointing if he's still here come Sunday. I can't say I'll be tuning in if he is.

Edited by The Prophet

And if our form picks up with new owner buzz, he will be even more insuffrable than he is now.

And if they sack after an upturn in form....

He shouldve been gone by now. Politely, professionally, dispassionately dismissed from the job.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We know its a matter of when not if, but I can't help feel binning Bruce 

Before Sunday is one of the easiest decisions the consortium will have  to make.

Sunday is meant to a celebration, the end of an era of misery, but you have a reminder of that era stood in the dug out. Not only will the football be an absolute eye sore, but he'll make it all about him and his 1000th game in charge. 

More practically we're 19th and winless this season, every point is viral and not removing this charlatan is reducing our chances of getting anything. I know Jones isn't a big improvement, but he's still an improvement.

Over the coming months the upper management of the club will change beyond comprehension, so I certainly won't be reading into this decision too much, bigger picture it may not matter at all.

That said, it just seems like such a no brainer, it'll be very disappointing if he's still here come Sunday. I can't say I'll be tuning in if he is.

Absolutely this. He is an appalling manager but when it comes to publicity, keeping the media on his side and setting himself up for his next job the bloke is peerless. 

He will have his mind set on which gullible owners will take him on next and the whole thing will be a massive distraction. 

Right now he will be spending more time and energy thinking about how he can take advantage of Sunday for his own benefit than on the team and tactics. 

Edited by Bintang

We are one place from bottom, even if they have to go in to review some film from previous games, get them in :lol:

Why is Bruce still in charge of anything to do with the place. Can they please sack this man as soon as possible! :lol:

Trying to stay level headed about this. Desperately want the cunt gone, and have no doubt he will take us down. However I’m certain that given the amount of spending and ambition they will be considering, there’s no chance he has a long term future here. 

2 minutes ago, alijmitchell said:

Trying to stay level headed about this. Desperately want the cunt gone, and have no doubt he will take us down. However I’m certain that given the amount of spending and ambition they will be considering, there’s no chance he has a long term future here. 

He is gone, it is just a case of when. I think folk are desperate (and rightly so) to get rid of him for Sunday so he doesn't put a downer on events as much as for football reasons. This is really due to the utter contempt with which he has treated our club and fans. If he hadn't carried on the way he did I dont think many would begrudge him his 1,000th game.

I am pretty sure if we were in this exact situation, 19th and struggling, with someone like Hughton in charge there wouldnt be this clamour for an instant sacking as he would have conducted himself with dignity and not taken shots at the fans. 

Bruce has only himself to blame for his abhorrent behaviour. 

23 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Players have a day off tomorrow would you believe

:lol: :lol:

It’s no wonder we’re so shite when they had a long weekend off and then another day off 3 days before a game ffs.

Would be a good chance to tell the players they can come in if they want to, see who shows up. See who's trying to really kick on and who's not

I mean it should be fucking mandatory obviously but this is Bruce so

Day off?

So Bruce's efforts to keep his multi-million pound dream job and impress the new owners hasn't included working extra hard, overtime or being more professional but trying to pity blag them.

Why change now eh?!

Not even any talk of 'Newcastle have asked for permission to speak to X' - he'll be here for Spurs.

You know you're a massive c**t when your mere presence puts a downer on this for tens of thousands of people

I think they have just asked him to hold the fort until they make an official appointment.  

If he was staying he would have been all over the news telling everyone. 

He's has been told to get his payoff, keep the team working and keep your mouth shut for a few days. 

People just need to chill a bit. It was only about a week ago, when we all thought the takeover was going to take until at least January (if it even happened then), and we would be stuck with Bruce until at least then.  

Like everyone, I want rid of Bruce, but if we need to wait an extra week or two to make the correct appointment, then so be it. 

How stupid can Bruce be? Well, perhaps he is doing it intentionally. But you really want to take another day off when you already were off Friday-Sunday, came in late in Monday and taking Thursday off again? 

Open your eyes Amanda, and PIF! Is this the man that will represent you to the world on Sunday? Fuck me. Bruce is pathetic. Imagine if players disobeyed him and came in on Thursday regardless.

Edited by nufcjb