Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I'd not boo Bruce, but nor would I venerate or celebrate his milestone or anything about him.

He should be ignored. If they ask for a round of applause for his 1000 games over the tannoy, it should not be greeted with applause or with booing, but with deafening silence.

9 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I'd not boo Bruce, but nor would I venerate or celebrate his milestone or anything about him.

He should be ignored. If they ask for a round of applause for his 1000 games over the tannoy, it should not be greeted with applause or with booing, but with deafening silence.

That’s fine but if there’s deafening silence at any point on Sunday that will be disappointing 

I should read that comment above and just assume Hakka is taking the absolute piss out of someone there but I’ve seen some absolute Karenesque comments from folk over the last few days in relation to this.

We've been absolutely mentally abused into thinking the way Mike Ashley carried on running this club was normal and we’re now hopping on any moment of slight indecision we think we see.

Our new owners are not stupid people, they can’t afford to act like Mike Ashley, they can’t just sack Steve “I’ve got loads of media chums” Bruce without some amount negative reaction, unless they do it properly and at least appear to have given him some consideration while they conduct a more thorough review of things.

I believe them when they said this had happened so quickly that they were caught off guard.

We have to take PIF into consideration, Yasir Al-Rumayyan won’t be doing this as a hands on day job so he’ll be presently assembling a day to day PIF team that’s based here, but this might be like 15/20 mins of each day while this happens, this is how busy this man is. It’s probably easier getting world leaders on the phone.

Once that happens and whoever this day to day person is, they’ll be authorising the money the club spends. Only then will we see rapid changes. How much input will AS and the Reuben’s have? Some probably, I’d imagine the latter will be here for the overall 2030 plan than just the club and for AS, I think having a share of something that people in high places will want to come to, she’ll be in a prime position to leverage PCP into making deals happen on these corporate match days.

And for right now, yeah sure I’d prefer if he was gone before the weekend but no biggie, I’m not expecting us to win, we’ve been so poor. I almost prefer that Jones doesn’t have to take the brunt of that deflated enthusiasm if we end of losing by 2 or 3.

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

That’s fine but if there’s deafening silence at any point on Sunday that will be disappointing 

I mean I specifically said "if they ask for a round of applause for his 1000 games over the tannoy", I'm not suggesting we all sit on our hands for 90 minutes. But Bruce should be an irrelevance, he should be ignored and not part of anything we do - if he's there still.

Problem is re the atmosphere/buzz its not just Bruce's presence its his football - all this excitement, motivation, venting and then after 25minutes were on 29% possession.

Its just going to be diminished by his presence by a quarter or whatever. Its little more than just a shame romantically but theres the matter of his risking squandering more points and digging the trench even deeper - not inconsiderable.

The deeper s**t were in, the less likely we are to attract the best manager and players possible when the times comes.

Mid-table in Jan and asking around versus bottom three in Jan and asking around.

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I should read that comment above and just assume Hakka is taking the absolute piss out of someone there but I’ve seen some absolute Karenesque comments from folk over the last few days in relation to this.

We've been absolutely mentally abused into thinking the way Mike Ashley carried on running this club was normal and we’re now hopping on any moment of slight indecision we think we see.

Our new owners are not stupid people, they can’t afford to act like Mike Ashley, they can’t just sack Steve “I’ve got loads of media chums” Bruce without some amount negative reaction, unless they do it properly and at least appear to have given him some consideration while they conduct a more thorough review of things.

I believe them when they said this had happened so quickly that they were caught off guard.

We have to take PIF into consideration, Yasir Al-Rumayyan won’t be doing this as a hands on day job so he’ll be presently assembling a day to day PIF team that’s based here, but this might be like 15/20 mins of each day while this happens, this is how busy this man is. It’s probably easier getting world leaders on the phone.

Once that happens and whoever this day to day person is, they’ll be authorising the money the club spends. Only then will we see rapid changes. How much input will AS and the Reuben’s have? Some probably, I’d imagine the latter will be here for the overall 2030 plan than just the club and for AS, I think having a share of something that people in high places will want to come to, she’ll be in a prime position to leverage PCP into making deals happen on these corporate match days.

And for right now, yeah sure I’d prefer if he was gone before the weekend but no biggie, I’m not expecting us to win, we’ve been so poor. I almost prefer that Jones doesn’t have to take the brunt of that deflated enthusiasm if we end of losing by 2 or 3.

I spent a fair bit of time trying to calm panic of Steve of not being sacked yet if you look at my posts of yesterday. So yes - I was taking the piss to try and underline and make the point of how absurd it is to say new owners start is tarnished etc. 

The hysteria does need to chill. He’s a goner. I hoped sooner than we are now but the new owners have told us they have big ambitions and it’s going to take time. They’ve just freed us from MA. Even if Bruce turns up Sunday (hope not) the occasion should not be ruined by him in the dugout. The voice, the roar, the United fan base should be singing their vocal chords horse at being free of the man who ruined our club for 14 years, for our new ownership group and for the collective fan base itself. 

New and brighter era is upon us.

everyone take a big deep breath and keep partying. 

These new owners want a few friends in the football world , they give Bruce his 1000th game they get it , then sack him regardless of result it kinda won’t be so bad as giving him the chop after 48 hours of owning the club.

You need a few friends wether we like it or not and giving him this game may just be their thinking? Dunno?

7 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Of course they will be booing Bruce and have anti Bruce songs.

They're more bothered about booing Bruce for one or 2 games rather than celebrating Ashley gone and an exciting new long term era for the club?

That's a bit of a shame really.

7 hours ago, LV said:

Ridiculous argument.

He should be gone. We need to start the new era with a clean break from the shite that’s gone before. We all need to be pulling in the same direction to build momentum - Club, manager, fans.

With Bruce there it won’t happen as he’ll rightly be getting abuse and it’ll completely tarnish the new start. 

Get him gone and let Jones and some of the academy staff take over until a new manager is found. 

You've missed the players out there. Staveley spoke to Lascelles herself and we all know Bruce is largely popular with the players. They're in limbo at the mo and probably know some of their futures are uncertain - keeping the coaching staff for a couple of weeks, who they've worked with for the last few years, would normally be "good management". 

No point having a great atmosphere if we get twatted by spurs cos the players are out of sorts....be pretty shit momentum. Guess it depends what's most important to people.

edit - Wahey, NPW Bruce fanboi (I'm not, just won't let him ruin my buzz)

Edited by Hhtoon

28 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

You've missed the players out there. Staveley spoke to Lascelles herself and we all know Bruce is largely popular with the players. They're in limbo at the mo and probably know some of their futures are uncertain - keeping the coaching staff for a couple of weeks, who they've worked with for the last few years, would normally be "good management". 

No point having a great atmosphere if we get twatted by spurs cos the players are out of sorts....be pretty shit momentum. Guess it depends what's most important to people.

edit - Wahey, NPW Bruce fanboi (I'm not, just won't let him ruin my buzz)

I highly doubt that Bruce is popular with the players, given the lack of interest they give him on the touchline.

48 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

No point having a great atmosphere if we get twatted by spurs

Nah man. Don’t buy this.

Sunday is going to be one of the all-time great atmospheres in god knows how many years.

And Bruce is as good as gone brother. 

Edited by cubaricho

If he going to be managing us for the Spurs team the only way they won't ruin the atmosphere is if they say they've decided to give him his 1000 game and then he's fucking off, and even with that the minute we go down to spurs the fans might turn on him which will effect the team.

54 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

That being said, if the club does any kind of 1000 game celebration for him then I'm fucking kicking off.

If he gets anything at all I really want the whole stadium to make a point of sitting on their hands in silence while it happens.

Been reading through some of the more respected journalists tweets, seems due to the speed of the takeover coming out the blue, all final decision will be made by PIF until the right man is hired in the CEO role which will eventually speed up everything. 

We’re 19th. Haven’t won a game. He has a history of failure/mediocrity. Of course he needs to go ASAP. We need a new start in all regards. We all agreed on this a week ago. Why would it be different now?

People expecting him not to be given any flak on Sunday if he's still in the dugout, man. :lol:

New era or not, the bloke's a charlatan. He's been winding the fans up for most of his time here and he deserves anything that comes his way. There's an open goal and the new ownership need to decide if they want to Jenas it or Big Al it. 

5 hours ago, hakka said:

I spent a fair bit of time trying to calm panic of Steve of not being sacked yet if you look at my posts of yesterday. So yes - I was taking the piss to try and underline and make the point of how absurd it is to say new owners start is tarnished etc. 

Of course it will tarnish it.

Note I said tarnish and not destroyed or any other hyperbole like that that some seem determined to twist my words into.

Of course the new era will be tarnished by having him there. He’s a terrible manager, we are 19th, polls show fans overwhelmingly want him gone. We don’t want booing at the stadium for our first match under new ownership but that’s what’ll happen if he’s there.