Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

To provide a slightly different angle, I wonder if they feel a caretaker manager who is in relegation zone while they take their time choosing the right manager would be perceived as a worse situation than the status quo.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why do people think Bruce will get loads of stick on Sunday ? He hasn’t had any since he’s been here.

yep , Brucie give us a wave 

1 minute ago, Anon said:

To provide a slightly different angle, I wonder if they feel a caretaker manager who is in relegation zone while they take their time choosing the right manager would be perceived as a worse situation than the status quo.

a cheese and pickle sarnie would be better than cabbage heed

As shit as we've been we have created enough chances to win a couple of the last handful of games. We've got Wilson back and with the atmosphere on Sunday I think we'll beat Spurs with or without Bruce. 

So as much as I want him binned, and want him binned yesterday, I'm quite relaxed about it taking a couple of weeks

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why do people think Bruce will get loads of stick on Sunday ? He hasn’t had any since he’s been here.

Well, yeah that's true. But this season has been a bit different in terms of fans being vocal about him.

Plus, some fans who are coming on Sunday, are only there after Ashley had fucked off. You think they'll.be quiet when we go 0-3 down in the first 20 minutes too?

Edited by nufcjb

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Tbf he's no longer a shield for Ashley. He was part of the team in 'support the team not the regime'. Now he's the only thing standing in the way of success for a lot of people. He's the target now.

I suspect this is as simple as the new owners want to have the new structure agreed and the people ready to join first before removing the old one, especially as the old one is vastly inadequate and undermanned. It looks like this takeover happened so fast that whatever previous discussions for people joining have to be revisited, because things like Rafa at Everton and potentially other people for big roles are no longer available and different ones are. If Conte was to be spoken to I can't see that being something to sort out in a few days when the whole club internally needs shake up from top to bottom. Conte would want to know who is DoF, who is running day to day etc. - we don't even know that yet.

Just relax. Sacking Bruce now doesn't equal Spurs game win by default. I'd even not care if Bruce and his team were here for a few weeks as the rest of the hierarchy from Barnes, Charnley, a DoF etc. are sorted. If weeks do go by and nothing changes I'd be concerned. If we get to January and it's still Bruce I'd be angry as that's incompetence. Waiting a week or even two or three to get new team in place and Bruce replaced is fine with me. The reality is more complicated than hire/fire immediately. Sooner is better, but right decision is more important.

Has any takeover sacked the status quo within 24 hours and replaced them before!? Genuine question.

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

Tbf he's no longer a shield for Ashley. He was part of the team in 'support the team not the regime'. Now he's the only thing standing in the way of success for a lot of people. He's the target now.

I think there'll be too much of a party atmosphere on Sunday so can't really see fans having a go at Bruce unless we are losing. If he's not sacked before then, might as well assume he'll be here for a while longer until the owners have sorted out a replacement. 

21 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s not even a big decision, take the emotion of us all hating him already out of it and look at the stats the guy should be nowhere near the club 

Its an easy one - but still a big one.

Bruce is the public face of a massive company with a worldwide presence and millions in revenue.

Maybe theyve looked at the backlash of the purchase and thought, maybe we shouldnt give the press another stick to beat us with...

Bruce will be gone soon man. It’s not even been a week. I’d imagine they will have consulted the senior players and have made a short term decision with regards to the Spurs game.

Just bask in the glorious sunshine after the big dark cloud of Ashley has gone.

Bruce will follow. All the rest of the dogshit basement buys and not fit for purpose employees that we have been weighed down by will follow too. 

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

should be more ruthless than that.

see how successful chelsea have been.

no time for sentiment or what the media/public think.

Ranieri wasn’t sacked when their new owners came in for over 9 months.

I agree they should be ruthless, but maybe it’s foolish to be ruthless without having any of the sporting setup in place to source replacements / coaches.

We know its a matter of when not if, but I can't help feel binning Bruce before Sunday is one of the easiest decisions the consortium will have  to make.

Sunday is meant to a celebration, the end of an era of misery, but you have a reminder of that era stood in the dug out. Not only will the football be an absolute eye sore, but he'll make it all about him and his 1000th game in charge. 

More practically we're 19th and winless this season, every point is viral and not removing this charlatan is reducing our chances of getting anything. I know Jones isn't a big improvement, but he's still an improvement.

Over the coming months the upper management of the club will change beyond comprehension, so I certainly won't be reading into this decision too much, bigger picture it may not matter at all.

That said, it just seems like such a no brainer, it'll be very disappointing if he's still here come Sunday. I can't say I'll be tuning in if he is.

Edited by The Prophet

Bruce is still able to get wins with ASM, Wilson and good team spirits.

Whilst I’d rather we replaced Bruce ASAP a fair wind is hopefully behind us now and may see us through to Winter

And if our form picks up with new owner buzz, he will be even more insuffrable than he is now.

And if they sack after an upturn in form....

He shouldve been gone by now. Politely, professionally, dispassionately dismissed from the job.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We know its a matter of when not if, but I can't help feel binning Bruce 

Before Sunday is one of the easiest decisions the consortium will have  to make.

Sunday is meant to a celebration, the end of an era of misery, but you have a reminder of that era stood in the dug out. Not only will the football be an absolute eye sore, but he'll make it all about him and his 1000th game in charge. 

More practically we're 19th and winless this season, every point is viral and not removing this charlatan is reducing our chances of getting anything. I know Jones isn't a big improvement, but he's still an improvement.

Over the coming months the upper management of the club will change beyond comprehension, so I certainly won't be reading into this decision too much, bigger picture it may not matter at all.

That said, it just seems like such a no brainer, it'll be very disappointing if he's still here come Sunday. I can't say I'll be tuning in if he is.

Absolutely this. He is an appalling manager but when it comes to publicity, keeping the media on his side and setting himself up for his next job the bloke is peerless. 

He will have his mind set on which gullible owners will take him on next and the whole thing will be a massive distraction. 

Right now he will be spending more time and energy thinking about how he can take advantage of Sunday for his own benefit than on the team and tactics. 

Edited by Bintang

• HUGZ changed the title to Steve Bruce - Peddled
  • Rich changed the title to Steve Bruce (now unemployed)
  • HUGZ locked this topic