Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

He will be out the door tomorrow for sure. We need as much time as possible to prepare for the game on Saturday and everyone can see that his presence impacts any chance of a result. We need to start afresh, start playing individuals in their correct positions and develop some sort of plan to combat the opposition 

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Fantastic decision when we were totally pedestrian to bring on Shelvey, who is known for his intense running and hounding.

Almost as clever as playing without a striker for the final third, despite needing two goals.

Blame the owners. They decided to keep this incompetent fatman.

Just now, Joe Nelson said:

Blame the owners. They decided to keep this incompetent fatman.

Man you guys are brutal.

"Roll us both down a mountain, I bet the fat man would win" - Ian Anderson.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It was a poor decision, imo. But he’s shown himself up yet again and I’d be very worried if he isn’t binned very soon.

In hindsight I think it might prove to be quite a shrewd decision. The players look nowhere near fit enough or tactically aware to win games at the moment, I am pretty sure they would have got beat if Jones was in charge as well. Imagine the headlines crowing about how sacking Bruce had cost us the win. 

This was painful, but necessary. Now even his mates in the Sky studio are saying he shouldn't be there, even if it's out of sympathy rather than calling him out as incompetent. 

I’m hearing he’s been saying goodbyes to some of the ground staff and SJP medical staff.

Keep an eye on the training ground tonight, I’d say someone will be clearing out his office for him before the inevitable circus tomorrow when it’s announced.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

In hindsight I think it might prove to be quite a shrewd decision. The players look nowhere near fit enough or tactically aware to win games at the moment, I am pretty sure they would have got beat if Jones was in charge as well. Imagine the headlines crowing about how sacking Bruce had cost us the win. 

This was painful, but necessary. Now even his mates in the Sky studio are saying he shouldn't be there, even if it's out of sympathy rather than calling him out as incompetent. 

Are you serious? Look, the new owners made a mistake, that is easy to see. Let us hope it was the first and last one. 

Just now, Joe Nelson said:

Are you serious? Look, the new owners made a mistake, that is easy to see. Let us hope it was the first and last one. 

I just explained quite clearly why it wasn't a mistake. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Nelson said:

If you want to defend their decision to stick with the worst manager in the league in a relegation battle i guess thats fine. 

Yeah, as evidenced by my fifteen posts decrying the decision today, I've been defending them for keeping Bruce.

But perspective. It's been one game and you are clearly trying to wind people up. No need to respond form this point forward.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls