Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Just now, LV said:

If anyone can suggest to me another sport radio station that isn’t 5 live then please do. Ideally one that doesn’t have non-sport news on it. 

Nope :lol:

I honestly don't think a good talk radio station exists in this area. Probably an opportunity for someone with enough money.

Newcastle-Online radio.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I honestly don't think a good talk radio station exists in this area. Probably an opportunity for someone with enough money.

Newcastle-Online radio.

Yeah I agree. There does seem to be a gap in the market for a non-click bait station. 

Unfortunately everything seems to be about controversy and making people angry so they phone in/ subscribe/ click ads etc 

Shite

11 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Disagree about Bruce but obvs haven’t met him. McClaren took way way more grief, and never once turned on fans or journalists. Yeah it doesn’t both deserved to be sacked, I just hope McClaren is okay, don’t care about Bruce, and leveraging your dead relatives to garner sympathy for some perceived injustice is honestly low . 

Spot on. I never disliked McLaren no matter how inept he turned out, he was hopeless really but he always kept a cheery disposition no matter how much ridicule he was subjected to. His football was a lot better to watch than Bruce's as well, regardless of how ineffective it was. 

19 minutes ago, LV said:

Yeah I agree. There does seem to be a gap in the market for a non-click bait station. 

Unfortunately everything seems to be about controversy and making people angry so they phone in/ subscribe/ click ads etc 

Shite

All I listen to is stuff like TIFO and the Athletic Football Tactics podcast now. But that does possibly go a bit too far into the football hipster territory. Some better stuff on Sky now, like the Overlap debates, and I do like The Kick Off on YouTube as well. 

In general football media in the UK is terrible, considering it’s the national sport and incredibly rich. No idea why we have such low quality coverage. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Would have recommended The Football Ramble but I went back to it recently and the natural chemistry seems to have fallen off a cliff since they got new presenters on board. Maybe it's still good but I didn't listen for long enough to find out. 

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Newcastle-Online radio.

I’d listen to a pod just reading out the posts on N-O.

3 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

Looking back at reports from when he was sacked by the mackems and Villa  they're almost word for word the same, blaming 'vile abuse' from the fans, painting himself as a victim.

Spot on. Lots of my in laws are mackems and when he was appointed they pretty much told me exactly how it would play out with him in terms of the blame game. He blamed their fans for not supporting him cos he was a Geordie. Blamed the Villa fans for his Birmingham connection. Blamed us for being Rafa fans. 

He is clearly a vindictive manipulator. He had his narrative here from day one, an excuse ready made for when he failed; no one supported him cos of Rafa and the players were playing shit cos they wouldn't abandon Rafa's system. Nothing to do with nice bloke Brucie.

How he has been allowed to get away with this routine for so long is beyond me. I have never disliked anyone who has represented our club as much as this fraud.

Just now, joeyt said:

Craig Hope's doing a great job on Twitter telling people that the Bruce criticism was valid

He's the boy, like. Wonder if he has any dealings with Holt given they write for the same rag. I'd like to think he'd call him out in person. 

6 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

He's the boy, like. Wonder if he has any dealings with Holt given they write for the same rag. I'd like to think he'd call him out in person. 

Common misconception but the Sunday "editions" of newspapers (MoS, Observer, Sunday Times etc) are entirely separate from the weekday one, different editor, different staff etc.

The Daily Mail and MoS don't have any more in common than any other papers owned by the same company (e.g. Metro).

' But, having managed the club himself on an interim basis at the end of the 2008-09 season, Shearer added he felt some sympathy for those working under previous owner Mike Ashley.

"I think it was right for both parties," the former England striker told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"As tough as it will be, Steve's big enough and strong enough to know you have to take criticism when you don't win games. And he hasn't won any games this season.

"It was an almost impossible club to manage in the circumstances. Every manager who's been in over the last 14 years has found it very, very difficult''

This sort of stuff is really disappointing. I get that shearer isn't a fan in the same way the rest of us are - but the impossible club rhetoric is so needless. He's not entirely wrong but it plays into so many tropes.

4 minutes ago, Paully said:

Arteta has just been on SSN slating us for the abuse to him as he done a great job and he is one of the most important English managers off all time ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Are you serious?! I've been pulling for Arteta to do well and all. Well that's going to change. All in on him failing at Arsenal now.

He's probably annoyed that the guaranteed 3 points he was banking on from Bruce is nowhere near as straightforward anymore.

Edited by KaKa

34 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Common misconception but the Sunday "editions" of newspapers (MoS, Observer, Sunday Times etc) are entirely separate from the weekday one, different editor, different staff etc.

The Daily Mail and MoS don't have any more in common than any other papers owned by the same company (e.g. Metro).

Aye, but Hope writes for both doesn't he? 

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

Arteta has just been on SSN slating us for the abuse to him as he done a great job and he is one of the most important English managers off all time ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Lee Sharpe has outdone him - top class manager and left us in better position than when he took over! He’s done a marvellous job everywhere he has been too ha ha!

Obviously the English sports media are able to cast the first stone. Having never been nasty and fully supportive of every past English manager and definitely never made any vegetable based insults against one. Never ran kiss and tell stories about any of them or made a headline of one holding an umbrella. 

Amazing how quickly the narrative of "the stupid Geordies only want a local manager for local people" that was an established fact when Pardew was here, went out the window when it turned out, shock horror, we preferred the Spanish Champions League winner to an idiot from Wallsend.