Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Keep the run going...

2 wins in 17, keep the run going...

The truth, of course, being - in the last six - W1, D2, L3.

Liar.

Aye, that 1 win by skin of our arses. Not exactly a win of conviction.

Bottles today, bottled Wolves and Palace from winning positions.

:lol: I hope Disco[/member] will appreciate the beautiful juxtaposition of these two tweets

Screen-Shot-2021-03-07-at-14-32-10.png

I'm not sure I can see the beautiful juxtaposition. Am I missing some esoteric reference or something?

I only ask because I happen to know Alan Coleman.

:lol: I hope Disco[/member] will appreciate the beautiful juxtaposition of these two tweets

I'm not sure I can see the beautiful juxtaposition. Am I missing some esoteric reference or something?

The TF guy bought his first ST after Bruce was appointed.

:lol: Didn't realise it was his first.

Pretty sure it was. Weird as he’s usually pretty insightful.

Pretty sure it was. Weird as he’s usually pretty insightful.

Yeah, I think he's the guy who used to make post-game videos (not on True Faith) and I always found him to be insightful and articulate.

I’ve said before I don’t want to defend Bruce, especially today, but do we really have a top 16/17 squad given our injury crisis?

Fulham, Palace and Brighton have more depth. Burnley are probably worse on paper though. Fulham just brought Loftus-Cheek off the bench and Mitrovic can’t get a game. Our best 11 on paper included Shelvey or a Longstaff until one of Arsenal’s fringe players joined.

I am kind of playing Devil’s advocate as we all know it goes much deeper than positions and points, but I can kind of see why dim pundits defend him.

Come on Fulham

Why you’d support Fulham is beyond me. Bruce is going no where and even if he does not only is it too late there won’t be a Rafa to take over

I’ve said before I don’t want to defend Bruce, especially today, but do we really have a top 16/17 squad given our injury crisis?

Fulham, Palace and Brighton have more depth. Burnley are probably worse on paper though. Fulham just brought Loftus-Cheek off the bench and Mitrovic can’t get a game. Our best 11 on paper included Shelvey or a Longstaff until one of Arsenal’s fringe players joined.

I am kind of playing Devil’s advocate as we all know it goes much deeper than positions and points, but I can kind of see why dim pundits defend him.

our injury crisis only started this past week.

Not long after he was appointed here I posted something along the lines that even if he won the PL or the Champions League I would still never accept him. I have hated him all through his wonderful management career and always dreaded that he would come here one day

our injury crisis only started this past week.

And our players all looked better pre-Bruce

Aye, get your point, missing front 3 and Schar is leaving anyone a mountain to climb, but I can’t excuse the total drop off in intensity and change of approach.

He bottled it missing those players. We saw same approach he kept persisting with earlier this year when he was without ASM. Backwards passing from midfield, no runners forward, no intensity in anything, rushing the ball forward, and clearly just trying to play directly to Joelinton against a full back.

He went back to same approach he was responsible too before Jones came in. Proves the ‘doing it my way’ stuff was bollocks, as today must have been him just going back to how players wanted then. Carbon copy approach, plan and performance to any of those games up until Everton away.

Could have easily shoved Fraser into Almiron role, and Murphy/Ritchie (lol) wide left. He shithoused it and stuck Hendrick back in.

Squad may be less talented and full of dossers, but he’s incapable of getting anywhere near best from them. Whether that’s tactically, or just numerous factors going into them wanting to play for him and run through brick walls to get a win.

Zero excuses for Bruce and co. Had we made the "Jones" adjustments at the start of the season we could have easily picked up another 3-9 points. Injuries happen and it's part and parcel on the game. We planned poorly, didn't sack Bruce or replace him, didn't bring in enough players that could improve us while relegation rivals did. Let's not forget letting Lejeune out on loan.

We couldn't have shot ourselves in the foot more accurately. So much so it doesn't feel like an accident but knowing the stupidity of how our club is run, no one should be surprised.