Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

You only have to listen to Edwards for a moment to realise the guy is a complete mess. He has his agenda and he just pushes it for reaction.

He's not the only one, but being so spectacularly wrong doesn't help his standing.

The Piers Morgan of sports journalism.

Thanks huss9[/member] - :thup:

The fact that them two cunts think they know best again and wish to gamble and back their own judgement rather than listen to fans, makes me hope this whole thing blows up in their faces.

Yeah, I desperately want us to stay up in the hope the takeover still happens, but the other part of me wants us to go down so Ashley isn't rewarded for his pig headed incompetence.

So the club signed Joelinton but Bruce signed Wilson. How very convenient.

Quick question about the midfield pairing though, as that's not Bruce's fault either; who signed Hendrick?

Not Bruce's fault either that he signed the fucking woeful Krafth and Lewis rendering our flanks completely fucking useless.

Bruce isn't a 'fan', if he was a 'fan' he wouldn't have agreed to manage Newcastle under Mike Ashley. He's a chancer that only wants to further his own bank balance before retirement.

Bruce isn't a 'fan', if he was a 'fan' he wouldn't have agreed to manage Newcastle under Mike Ashley. He's a chancer that only wants to further his own bank balance before retirement.

How many NUFC fans were angry that we beat Man U 5-0?

To be fair, I know it adds to it, but this is one of the least reasons to hate Bruce. Along with him being a former Sunderland manager. Neither of those things really register with me.

To be fair, I know it adds to it, but this is one of the least reasons to hate Bruce. Along with him being a former Sunderland manager. Neither of those things really register with me.

Him managing Sunderland was a part of why I didn’t want him here, but it’s testament to the man himself that it isn’t the biggest.

Like nearly everyone the overriding reason that eclipses him managing Sunderland is the fact he’s Steve Bruce, the definition of career loser who’s bluffed a managerial career of the back of being a player. He’s terrible at being a PL manager and that’s why I didn’t want him here, managing Sunderland was just a cherry on the turdcake.

His record in the Prem is now

P458 W128 D126 L204  F467 A619 Pts 510 PPG 1.11

That's a win percentage of 27.9%, basically a relegation battle every year.

There is a formula for predicted league points based on goal difference, which is (0.6455 * GD) + 52, and this gives his teams a lower expected points total of 39.4 points. 1.11 points per game is 42 points for the season.

For TL:DR people, the guy is a loser, and lucky that his record does not show him to be a bigger one.

That article  :lol:

He likes Bruce because Bruce is a stooge, and he dislikes Rafa because Rafa wanted him to run the club properly, and have tad of ambition to do a bit better.

Edwards dresses that up as if the first part is good and second part is bad  :lol:

Ridiculous nonsense.

To be fair, has he even pretended he joined us a Newcastle fan? He talked about being a boyhood fan when he got the job, but I’m sure all that dedication disappeared years ago. I think it’s often thick people in the media and the like who exaggerate the connection, what with Bruce being “one of their own”. We’ve had blokes from London and Spain manage us in recent years who are more Geordie than he is, upbringing aside.

That article  :lol:

He likes Bruce because Bruce is a stooge, and he dislikes Rafa because Rafa wanted him to run the club properly, and have tad of ambition to do a bit better.

Edwards dresses that up as if the first part is good and second part is bad  :lol:

Ridiculous nonsense.

Edwards and Bruce are the same. Massively over employed beyond their abilities, blagging there way by. Two scammers. Birds of a feather.

If the club was ran even half well, neither one would be anywhere near it so they love the status quo of the club being all but dead, its the only way they'd be where they currently are. They need each other symbiotically to maintain that. At the clubs expense.

Being loathsome c**ts probably only cements the attraction.

To be fair, has he even pretended he joined us a Newcastle fan? He talked about being a boyhood fan when he got the job, but I’m sure all that dedication disappeared years ago. I think it’s often thick people in the media and the like who exaggerate the connection, what with Bruce being “one of their own”. We’ve had blokes from London and Spain manage us in recent years who are more Geordie than he is, upbringing aside.

Said it was his dream job etc.

From that article:

"So, while supporters are angry, demanding change, Ashley sees things through a completely different sort of prism. It partly makes him the man he is. As someone close to him once told Telegraph Sport, “Mike Ashley does not look at the deal that is in front of him, he looks at what that deal looks like four or five moves away…”

And yet this calculating business man failed to do due diligence when he first bought the club.

He wants to make him him out like some kind of genius who's always one step ahead of his competition.

Ashley has admitted to not knowing ANYTHING about running a football club.

Gets a mention in Popbitch this week (as does Andros Townsend, weirdly enough.)

>> Talk of the Toon <<

Clearing up another mess

Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce hasn't got much to be happy about at the moment and his mood turned from bad to worse last week after a huge bust-up at the training ground with one of his players was leaked to the Daily Mail.

Things could have exploded last Friday had he arrived at the NUFC training centre early and found that around 100 cabbages had been strewn all over the place, stuck on spikes of the perimeter fence and generally rolling around.

Steve has a bit of history with cabbages, after one was infamously chucked at him by an angry fan during his time at Aston Villa – which means this was clearly a targeted attack.

Hopefully he can take solace in the fact that there are still some people at the club who are looking out for him. Even if it is only the cleaners, who managed to clear the ground before he found out.