Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Why is it without a doubt? Should we just stick with Bruce then? Shouldn’t have to repeat this but absolutely no one knows what’s happening with the takeover until there is a decision in the arbitration case. 

the takeover happening & a change of manager are not linked in any way in this case.

fwiw I think it’s bollocks anyway Duncan castles had us reaching out to Rafa last month 

Going for Wilder would not be a short term appointment, meaning the takeover is either likely to fail in the coming months, or not going to be decided by the beginning of next season. We aren't sacking Bruce, paying out all that compo, and then appointing Wilder if new owners are coming in this summer.

Giving Wilder the job now, at this stage of the season, would be even a more ridiculous decision than apponting Bruce after Rafa.

It's all bullshit anyway as Doubtfire is now here until the end of the season, at the very least. If he was getting sacked it would have happened this week.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Going for Wilder would not be a short term appointment, meaning the takeover is either likely to fail in the coming months, or not going to be decided by the beginning of next season. We aren't sacking Bruce, paying out all that compo, and then appointing Wilder if new owners are coming in this summer.

Giving Wilder the job now, at this stage of the season, would be even a more ridiculous decision than apponting Bruce after Rafa.

It's all bullshit anyway as Doubtfire is now here until the end of the season, at the very least. If he was getting sacked it would have happened this week.

He’s an out of work manager. I could definitely see Ashley going for him and letting the new owners deal with it later. I’d question why he’d come here when he’ll likely have other options 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

He’s an out of work manager. I could definitely see Ashley going for him and letting the new owners deal with it later. I’d question why he’d come here when he’ll likely have other options 

Not when there is the small matter of a few million in compensation to be paid to Bruce.

5 minutes ago, Robster said:

Wilder [emoji38]

I'm sure ASM, Almiron and Wilson are beside themselves with excitement at the thought of how their careers are going to progress.

Billy Sharp and McGoldrick would probably be grateful for his input to their careers, if he can get them playing premier league football how can we rule out hed be good with better players. His win percentage is on a different planet to Bruce’s 

21 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Not when there is the small matter of a few million in compensation to be paid to Bruce.

There’ll come a point Ashley will shit it. Did we not offer McLaren the job with 3 games to go after derby got beat in the play offs 

15 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Didn't Wilder fall out with the Saudi owner at Sheff Utd because of a lack of transfer funds? So how is he going to work with Ashley?

Was it lack of funds? He spent a fortune on Brewster alone 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

There’ll come a point Ashley will shit it. Did we not offer McLaren the job with 3 games to go after derby got beat in the play offs 

If the rumours are to be believed, we only sacked McLaren after Rafa approached us.

Guest reefatoon

Wilder must have been the one manager who was on less money than Bruce. That instantly makes him our number 1 choice.

Whichever knacker takes over from Bruce whenever that may be then we need to get to work on hounding them out from day 1. All Ashley’s shit appointments and Ashley should be berated until we are free of them all. This pressure on Bruce should have been from day 1, we have wasted 18 months with him by waiting until now. He was always going to be shit and never accepted.

The next man will be another Ashley stooge. All this waffling on in the media and phone ins about Bruce when it’s Ashley the main problem and who all this negative attention and should be on. It’s irrelevant who the manager is until Ashley leaves. 

Edited by CalmintheChaos

36 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Didn't Wilder fall out with the Saudi owner at Sheff Utd because of a lack of transfer funds? So how is he going to work with Ashley?

He bought Brewster and Ramsdale for over £40m between them. Then came bottom of the league by a mile and the owner wasn’t happy with the performances for the money. I think other targets were suggested at the time but Wilder wanted his own in (and got them) and at the end of the season there was a subsequent falling out between both parties over it all- basically the owner wanted recruitment/purchasing to come via someone who wasn’t Wilder.

Says a lot that I am praying that it’s true that Chris fucking Wilder is being lined up.

Every day that he is being lined up and not here is a day wasted though. Instead of having the players sat in their houses they could be in training with Wilder. 

Aye. Having the players in 5 days a week, dropping Shelvey and Bruce not being there might just be enough to scrape the 2 or 3 wins we need. Wilder isn't inspiring but he's nowhere near as shit as the incumbent.